Australia - sharks; spiders and snakes - yikes

Only been in Australia 66 years, been bitten, attacked and assaulted by only 5 of those mentioned.....seen 21of them in their wild natural habitat...lucky l guess.:)

The best advice l could give an American would be is to think twice before crossing a street, look RIGHT everytime before stepping out front the kerb...Our cars drive on the left...they come from the wrong direction....look right, look left, and then LOOK RIGHT again, just in case!:eek:

Only been in Australia 66 years, been bitten, attacked and assaulted by only 5 of those mentioned.....seen 21of them in their wild natural habitat...lucky l guess.:)

The best advice l could give an American would be is to think twice before crossing a street, look RIGHT everytime before stepping out front the kerb...Our cars drive on the left...they come from the wrong direction....look right, look left, and then LOOK RIGHT again, just in case!:eek:

Now that's a good bit of advice.

Very good advice! I was fresh off a plane in Paris and wasn't thinking, stepped right out in front of a car because I looked the wrong way. Thank goodness they were going slow and stopped!

If you cruise from Australia to the Pacific Islands I would also add coconuts to the list. I'm surprised that there are no warnings to cruisers going ashore not to sit or lie under coconut palms. Those falling nuts can and do kill.

If you cruise from Australia to the Pacific Islands I would also add coconuts to the list. I'm surprised that there are no warnings to cruisers going ashore not to sit or lie under coconut palms. Those falling nuts can and do kill.

Nuts can be dangerous in every country.:p

Chocolate covered macadamia's are the most dangerous threat to my well being I have ever encountered in any country they are sold in! :eek:

Item-2022-165g-Dark-Choc-Macs.jpg

Cheers...

How goes it Mic ? ;)

:cool:

I must agree with that, and if you find somewhere selling the white chocolate ones mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I must agree with that, and if you find somewhere selling the white chocolate ones mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

G'day GUT2407

Try a combination of dark, milk and white ones in the bottom of a huge glass with a equal shots of Cointreau, Grand Marnier and Baileys Irish cream topped with Haagen Daz Rum Raisin then drizzle a jigger of Frangelico over the top of the ice-cream!

Best alcoholic desert Jaffa's you will ever come across... :p

Cheers ;)

G'day GUT2407

Try a combination of dark, milk and white ones in the bottom of a huge glass with a equal shots of Cointreau, Grand Marnier and Baileys Irish cream topped with Haagen Daz Rum Raisin then drizzle a jigger of Frangelico over the top of the ice-cream!

Best alcoholic desert Jaffa's you will ever come across... :p

Cheers ;)

Macca's in any shape form or size will always get me.

We had a dog once that would lie under a tree in my in laws yard and crunch on the pods that fell from the tree and wifey would worry that they were something bad for him, but just couldn't stop him, at that stage I had not seen a Macadamia in the husk, sure in the shell but didn't know that they had an outer husk as well, when we did see one complete we understood, the mongeral was feasting on Macadamia nuts no wonder they couldn't stop him.