any issues - flights or seats changes with EZAir

mysaddlebred000

I did a search and found some discussion on this topic but decided to move it to a new post and maybe it will bring more conversation.

I have never thought of using it but I decided to look at EZAir for our return from uk this spring. I wanted to try first class and was surprised to find a flight for $2400 through Delta with their flexible fares. The first leg is to Atlanta on Virgin Atlantic in their upper class section. The second leg is on Delta in first class. I was able to select our seats on both - I have read that others were not able to select seats. The other day I looked on Virgin Atlantic's website and the first segment just to Atlanta is $14,000. I almost fell off the chair. Yes, I double checked. I was in shock and didn't bother to see what the second leg would cost.

So, several things:

Others have said they have not been able to select seats and that they were assigned what was leftover. I have had a confirmation number since day one. Is there a chance they may change our seats and we may not find out until we check in?

Can they switch us to another airline? I know each line has a different first class layout and I am excited about this one. I haven't told my wife about getting first class seats yet. She may shoot me for spending the extra money but at this point in my life, I want to be comfortable. I am almost afraid this is too good of a deal and something is going to fall apart.

And is there a chance they could switch our flight times by putting us on a different flight?

Does booking first class make things better?

Final payment has been paid.

Thanks for any help.

I quit using Princess EZ-Air when I had to wait until check in to get a seat assignment. I might use them again if I were to fly to the embarkation port on the day the ship sails, but that would just be for the Next Port Guarantee.

It is now my habit to fly the day prior to embarkation so I don't need that guarantee.

I am using EZ air for our flight this week to NZ. Couldn't pick seats on the Ezair site, but went to the actual airline site, put in my confirmation number and chose our seats. No changes so far and we leave Wed,,,,

Flights were wayyyy less than I could have booked myself...so fingers crossed...

I am using EZ air for our flight this week to NZ. Couldn't pick seats on the Ezair site, but went to the actual airline site, put in my confirmation number and chose our seats. No changes so far and we leave Wed,,,,

Flights were wayyyy less than I could have booked myself...so fingers crossed...

Fabulous cruise. Have a wonderful time Dolores.

I quit using Princess EZ-Air when I had to wait until check in to get a seat assignment.

Different airlines have different rules about when advance seat assignments can be made.

Some only allow seat selection earlier than day before the flight for extra $$$.

Some only allow seat selection at the airport which no option to pay more in advance to select a seat. Many intra-Europe flights are in this category even if connection to a flight across the ocean.

Going to the airline site and using the confirmation number works great for American, and United Airlines. We choose our own seating location, and have never had a change happen.

Many overseas carriers don't support this (e.g. British Airways doesn't support early seat assignment without paying more).

Going to the airline site and using the confirmation number works great for American, and United Airlines. We choose our own seating location, and have never had a change happen.

Many overseas carriers don't support this (e.g. British Airways doesn't support early seat assignment without paying more).

We were able to choose our British Airways flight seats via EZAir, did not have to go to the airline website. We've always chosen our seats without contacting the airline and have never had a problem.

We are flying Air New Zealand to Auckland and Delta home...no issues with either one. Even though they are international flights.

Thanks Pia...hope all is well and we meet up again soon!

Edited by hillslife

It used to work for American. I did pick my seats on when I booked the flight with ezair but to change them I can't now myself on the American site but I can call Princess & they can make the change. Before I could always change them myself on American even before they are ticketed. United I can still change the seats myself even before they are ticketed.

We were able to choose our American seats on flights CA to FL and London to CA when we chose the Princess eZAir Flexible Fares flights.

We had to pay Princess for the flights before we could upgrade to premium seats. We could access our flights and could change seats on American but not do the upgrade on their web site until the tickets were paid for.

We are flying Air New Zealand to Auckland and Delta home...no issues with either one. Even though they are international flights.

Thanks Pia...hope all is well and we meet up again soon!

Am doing this trip next year, so please update us on how it works out.

Have EZ Air booked for our trip to Europe in September. flights are over $300 less than booking directly with the airline. Am hoping we dont have any issues.

We have used EZ-Air once - for our November 2012 Mediterranean Cruise.

We had great flights and were able to select our seats. Three weeks before the cruise all our flights were changed to less desirable flights - adding one change of planes each way. Because the change placed one flight going over and two flights returning on Air France we were unable to select seats - Air France would not allow us to select seats - they assigned them to use 24 hours out.

Our departure flight from Barcelona was moved up to 9am - Princess had us meet at 6am to make that flight meaning we were up at 4am on the final day of our vacation.

To worsen matters, on our return flight from Paris to Atlanta I was seated next to a very large passenger that occupied 1/3 of my seat for 9 hours. This was an Air France issue rather than EZ-Air issue.

These were the cons - it was a very good deal and we would probably use E-Z air again as long as Air France isn't a possible carrier.

I particularly liked not having to pay for the flights until final payment.

We've used EZ air several times for international flights with great success. Last week I used EZ air for our Caribbean cruise. I was able to choose the seat and a call to princess confirmed seat assignments.

Three weeks before the cruise all our flights were changed to less desirable flights - adding one change of planes each way. Because the change placed one flight going over and two flights returning on Air France we were unable to select seats - Air France would not allow us to select seats - they assigned them to use 24 hours out.

I particularly liked not having to pay for the flights until final payment.

And there is the root of the problem.

Until the flights are paid for, a "ticket" is not issued and the flights can be changed by Princess.

If you pay for the flights when they are booked, a "ticket" will be issued and only the airline you picked could change flights (and this happens even if you booked directly with the airline).

We chose Princess Air for the first time. Our reservation is with Delta non-stop to Venice, then non-stop Barcelona to JFK. At the time of reservation with Princess told them I wanted non-stop only and I was able to pick my seats. Princess Rep. said not all carriers allow them to book seats.

I am ever watchful, not only with Princess but on the Delta site, checking on my reservation, as per info on these boards. Already the flight home time has changed but Princess has updated it on my personalizer. I also keep checking the price because I was told if it goes down, Princess will adjust until final payment is due. :D

Hoping for a good experience as I'm a real "newbie" to Europe & Princess Air.:)

I also keep checking the price because I was told if it goes down, Princess will adjust until final payment is due. :D
If you booked Flexible, Princess will adjust if price goes down up to 45 days before your cruise departure and after final payment has been made.

Am doing this trip next year, so please update us on how it works out.

Have EZ Air booked for our trip to Europe in September. flights are over $300 less than booking directly with the airline. Am hoping we dont have any issues.

Arrived in Auckland yesterday, nonstop no problems. Seats were posted just as booked. We even arrived an hour early due to tail winds ...so this EZ air flight was perfect and thanks to a Princess sale, saved $600.... Couldn't be happier.

• 2 weeks later...
Arrived in Auckland yesterday, nonstop no problems. Seats were posted just as booked. We even arrived an hour early due to tail winds ...so this EZ air flight was perfect and thanks to a Princess sale, saved $600.... Couldn't be happier.

Fantastic! Thanks for updating, especially while away. Would love to hear about your cruise too :)

Haven't been able to pre book seat on some airlines. Once I paid the fare in full. I asked for an early release of the tickets and then I could book the seats online or by phone with the airline direct. I have found if a codeshare is being used then there might be a problem. Never had any flights changed or cancelled. We have used EZAir for 10 of our Princess cruises.

• 2 years later...

We selected the flexible EZAir flights because they were significantly cheaper than the airlines direct. I can see a reservation on Virgin Atlantic. It offered an option to pick seats for a cost (we did the economy seats). Anyone have any experience with Virgin Atlantic from IAD to LHR?

I am also worried because I didn't put my middle name on the reservation. Anyone know if I should contact Princess, my travel agent or the airline directly to have that changed?

We selected the flexible EZAir flights because they were significantly cheaper than the airlines direct. I can see a reservation on Virgin Atlantic. It offered an option to pick seats for a cost (we did the economy seats). Anyone have any experience with Virgin Atlantic from IAD to LHR?

I am also worried because I didn't put my middle name on the reservation. Anyone know if I should contact Princess, my travel agent or the airline directly to have that changed?

You should be able to add that info yourself to both bookings . Princess you can add online. If you can't do the airline call and have them do it.

We are using EZ Air for the first time (Fort Lauderdale to Rome) next fall and were able to reserve our seats on the United website and get our free status upgrade from economy to premium economy with no issues. So far so good - especially considering the price dropped $190 each a couple of weeks ago!