We Have Sailed Our Final Cruise

kakalina

Trisha, I missed this also. I'm so sorry for you loss.

I remember you told me you lived in the Phoenix area. I moved to Scottsdale in 1949--it wasn't much of a town back then. I recall all the horses hitched in the downtown area as horses had the right of way in those days.

I hope you are doing well.:)

Dear Trisha,

So sorry to hear about Virgil's passing. We are glad that we had the opportunity to meet both of you on the 2012 Westerdam cruise. We will always remember what a wonderful day we had together in Bora Bora with Patrick. Our prayers go out to you and your families.

Valerie and Karen

Oh no! I didn't know Virgil was ill.

Trisha, Bert and I are so sorry for your loss; we sailed with you to Tahiti in 2010.

Your wonderful memories will always be with you and they will bring you comfort and peace.

Karen and Bert Harris

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers. As hard as it was to have Virgil pass away I think learning to live without him is the hardest thing of all.

You have all been wonderful, caring and kind friends to us - thank you.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers. As hard as it was to have Virgil pass away I think learning to live without him is the hardest thing of all.

Hopefully someday you will find it in your heart to sail again. I know you will find lots of CC companions who will be happy to see you and hug you once more.

Trisha, I have been away from CC and just learned of your beloved's passing. My heart goes out to you. I have followed your posts for many years and have often quoted your byline, "Happiness is a moving floor." It may seem like a long time until you are happy again. In the meanwhile know that many wish you well as you take this difficult journey. You are not alone.

Mrs Muir

How many years were you together, Trish?

My heart goes out to you.

How many years were you together, Trish?

My heart goes out to you.

Our 36th anniversary was Saturday Judy. It was a very rough day. :(

Since Virgil wanted half of his ashes spread at sea I have to cruise to Hawaii sometime. I'll need to find a room mate to share with though. Only possible way I can do it. When I am ready I will start checking it out. Does HAL still have that find a room mate thing going on?

Does HAL still have that find a room mate thing going on?

Yes, they do, but it's not as beneficial as it used to be. There was a time it was the simple pp/do rate. Now, that has changed to a higher percentage, although I don't know the amount.

Let me know when you are ready. If you can't find someone to go with you, and I am able, I'll share a cabin so it's affordable for you.

My deepest sympathy to you. I followed your blogs and learned so much. We just returned from the Hawaii and South Pacific cruise on the Statendam and appreciated all the information that you gave. We're so sorry to hear of Virgil's pasing.

Blessings and kind thoughts

Hillside, thank you, our last cruise was on the Statendam Nov/Dec for the Incan Treasures. It is especially poignant for me as the Statendam was our first cruise ship also. Fate is a strange thing.

Ruth, thank you and I will remember and when the time is right if you are still so inclined we can discuss it. Your advice has been priceless.