If I cancel and RCCL resells do they refund

bob63005

If I cancel and my cabin is resold does RCCL double dip and keep my 50% plus the full resell or do they refund me or the insurance company?

Once you cancel your cruise, your cabin is put back into inventory to be resold.

If you cancel after final payment, you will receive everything back except your total "cruise fare". Refund of cruise fare is determined here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqType=faq

If you have Travel Insurance, then anything not refunded by RCI should be submitted to the insurance company with all necessary documentation on why you are canceling.

The whole idea of having the payment penalty time periods is that cabins become harder and harder to sell as the cruise approaches. So, if everyone could just reserve and cancel the day before (like with hotels) then cabins would be locked up that could be sold to others. It's not like a hotel where cars driving by can just decide to stay there.

They may make more $$$ from the cabin on occasion, but they have to go to the trouble of rebooking it and making up for the times when the cabins are not rebooked. And, it's not like they don't let people know what's expected up front.

Tom