No Smoking on the Reflection AWESOME!!!

got2gocruzn

The smoking policy is why we tried Celebrity after a horrible cruise on another line where the people before us had apparently been chain smokers inside the stateroom.

It is one reason we have stayed.

Those who need to smoke can do so in the designated smoking locations. I just make sure I know where they are to avoid them.

Arno, sorry to hear about the neighbors! I assume you called guest services more than once? Last Feb, guest services didn't take me seriously, so called the head of housekeeping and security. I was fairly sure I knew which room was smoking upwind of me. Their room was searched. No more smoke drifted to my balcony!

As a 30 year smoker I say Bravo to Celebrity. but then again i have to ut-most respect for non smokers and people in general. when smoking was allowed in restaurants (jersey)i would still go outside.... in life i always put myself in someone elses shoes. it's how i was raised. ill find the 4 spots that the Reflection allows and ill do my thing. no big deal to me....

enjoy everyone's life.!!

That's strange as we were on the Jan 31st sailing on there were definitely passengers smoking on the ship. We passed them several times. Tell me OP, did you happen to visit the Lawn Club Grill area at all?

There are three or four designated outdoor areas where smoking is permitted. One is on the port side of the Sunset Bar, another on Deck 5, and a small area on the pool deck. Look for ashtrays and you'll know where they are. If there are people there, the stench will give them away. Wish they had one glassed innareavsomewhers to contain all the smokers and the smoke. I've seen this at an airport of two.

There are three or four designated outdoor areas where smoking is permitted. One is on the port side of the Sunset Bar, another on Deck 5, and a small area on the pool deck. Look for ashtrays and you'll know where they are. If there are people there, the stench will give them away. Wish they had one glassed innareavsomewhers to contain all the smokers and the smoke. I've seen this at an airport of two.

I'm not a smoker but have always liked having those areas exist. This would be helpful when the weather outside is not nice. Too bad they can't use 1/2 the space in Michaels Club as an converted enclosed smoking area. The space has been taken away from the ordinary paying customers anyway and doesn't get much use.

Yes, but they DO allow smoking outside in the public areas all over the port side... some of the areas were still very smoky! They should be ALL no smoking all over the ship! "-)

I'm not a smoker but think it would be unreasonable not to have any smoking areas on the ships outside.

I'm not a smoker but think it would be unreasonable not to have any smoking areas on the ships outside.

There are plenty of smoking areas outside on Reflection. My main complaint is the smoking area on the Pool Deck back aft. When the wind came across the deck and the nearby automatic in and out doors open, the smoke would draft from the covered smoking area into the elevator reception and then into the buffet area. It happened to us on a 2013 transatlantic.

I mentioned to the Hotel Director that they should block off those port side automatic doors and make people enter/exit the area on the starboard side. He said they couldn't because it would be a safety issue. That was total BS. They didn't have to "lock" the doors -- just redirect passengers over to the starboard side.

I smoke cigars, and I have NO problem with Celebrity's policy. It's just about the same as RCI and Carnival. I never minded going on deck where smoking is allowed. I'm not trying to offend anyone. As to the balcony that had all those cigarette buts in a cup, the people next door only had to call the desk, and that would've ended the smoking, or if was afterward, their sail pass might have shown a $250.00 charge for cleaning .I, like most of you, do not appreciate people who have no feelings for others.