According to John Heald.....

KPfromCT

[quote name='HollandAvery']Wait, how do you know this?
And is the Liberty replacing the Triumph. It's not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious where you read that.

I'd be so so happy to get the Breeze. I've been wanting to book a cruise on her for Fall of 2016 or sometime in in 2017 early winter.[/QUOTE]
You can see liberty's cruises here

She will be moving a lot over the next 2/years :-)
[url]http://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/cruise-search/caribbean?shipCode=li[/url]

[quote name='TwizzlersAddict']You can see liberty's cruises here

She will be moving a lot over the next 2/years :-)
[url]http://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/cruise-search/caribbean?shipCode=li[/url][/QUOTE]

Fantastic, thank you!
I don't know much about the Liberty, so I'm going to search for some reviews.
Very excited about the Breeze though!
I might book for both if I can :D

[quote name='HollandAvery']Fantastic, thank you!

I might book for both if I can :D[/QUOTE]

Love both those ships! We've sailed the Liberty 3 times. Pretty ship, great crew.

I might book for both if I can :D[/quote]

Liberty is a great ship!

I might book for both if I can :D[/QUOTE]

More than welcome!
Galveston is getting some great ships!!
Liberty doing short cruises is incredible. Huge upgrade.

I'm seriously considering doing the repo cruise.

So is anything changing in New Orleans, at all? I wish it got more attention than Galveston. Galveston is too far from the airport, New Orleans seems like such a better draw but maybe the numbers don't support that or it has something to do with the contracts at the ports.

[quote name='Tapi']It's Miami[/QUOTE]
We live in South Florida and the Sun Sentinel had a big article announcing that the Vista will home port in Miami; Carnival signed a 30 year lease with the port and agreed to bring the Vista to Miami as part of that agreement

[quote name='Yellowbird75']Does anyone have a link to this information? Or are people just doing mock bookings to find this information? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

If you go to find a cruise on Carnival.com, some of the ships have itineraries posted through April, 2017. But a lot still just show through April, 2016.

I'm still hoping for good news for Norfolk!

[quote name='BigB0882']So is anything changing in New Orleans, at all? I wish it got more attention than Galveston. Galveston is too far from the airport, New Orleans seems like such a better draw but maybe the numbers don't support that or it has something to do with the contracts at the ports.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't look like anything will happen with New Orleans. Galveston overall does better then New Orleans. They can get more people to sail out of Galveston at a higher price. New Orleans prices for the most part are lower then Galveston. New Orleans deserves a 5 day ship better then Elation.

Of course they can get more people to sail out of Galveston at a higher price if they have the better ships with the upgrades. Oh well, the Dream still seems to be very nice and I will consider myself lucky to live only an hour away from a port.

[quote name='BigB0882']Of course they can get more people to sail out of Galveston at a higher price if they have the better ships with the upgrades. Oh well, the Dream still seems to be very nice and I will consider myself lucky to live only an hour away from a port.[/QUOTE]

I can understand your disappointment. It really comes down to numbers. There are over 7 million people within a 3 hour ride of the Houston/Galveston area. Galveston draws better regardless of the ship, by sheer numbers alone. Galveston is the best producing (dollars per room) port for Carnival by far. I am actually surprised they did not get the Vista.

The Dream is a nice ship. You have an advantage of being close to a home port of a ship. Enjoy it.

[quote name='BigB0882']Of course they can get more people to sail out of Galveston at a higher price if they have the better ships with the upgrades. Oh well, the Dream still seems to be very nice and I will consider myself lucky to live only an hour away from a port.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry you are disappointed. I sail out of New Orleans a lot myself because of the lower price. It really has nothing to do with the ship. Even when Galveston had the Old Ecstasy and Conquest they were full every week. Galveston needs 3 ships because 2 ships sell out every week at a higher price. Enjoy the Dream in New Orleans and hope for a new 5 day ship!

[quote name='ccruisequeen']I'll take the Dream

[URL="http://s809.photobucket.com/user/ccruisequeen717/media/Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz18/ccruisequeen717/Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)[/quote]

I've been on the Miracle 3x now, and although I do like her, I too would like to see a newer ship take on the 7 day Mexican Riviera trips. I took the Splendor out of Long Beach once, that was nice. Would love to sail on the Dream! :D

[quote name='cruiser fanatic']It doesn't look like anything will happen with New Orleans. Galveston overall does better then New Orleans. They can get more people to sail out of Galveston at a higher price. New Orleans prices for the most part are lower then Galveston.[/QUOTE]

And to think. A decade ago the "more popular" port was New Orleans. Then hurricane Katrina hit and Carnival was forced to redeploy "temporarily" the Conquest (which back then was one of the newest ships) to Galveston. But the ship didn't return to New Orleans. Galveston benefited greatly from New Orleans misery. Had it not been for Katrina, the cruise lines may have not realized Galveston's immense potential.