??? about Concierge

The other side gets some points though, on our last trip the Stateroom Attendant snuck us some slippers. :)

Was Raj or Butcher the Concierge that week? We had Raj, and he was aces. Butcher was in the DL and he was super-friendly but, umm, didn't accomplish much. I believe he's moving on and that may be a factor. Also, we were in 1620 and the Stateroom Attendant claimed to be new and we were the only suite on his assignment.

He was a very large man. Don't remember his name. Our stateroom attendant was not new but new to suites. He didn't give us shampoo, soap, conditioner until I gave him a big tip. Had to ask him to fill the ice buckets everyday and our room had at least a dozen lights out and the curtain to the bedroom was broke. We asked him to call it in but he didn't. My husband had to. Pillows, sheets, mattress, etc was filthy with blood on them. Had to strip bed and he wouldn't get us new pillows. Disgusting to say the least. A total disappointment.

Patti, did you have the Gilchrest & Soames amenities on Allure?

On Adventure, we were told they were no longer available, and had something completely different, i.e, different than the Vitality type. They told us all the suites get the same amenities now.

We had them on the Vision last month. The real question is why do you almost always have to ask/argue in order to get them and then half the time the steward will say I'll get them for you but you're not supposed to have them.

Patti, did you have the Gilchrest & Soames amenities on Allure?

On Adventure, we were told they were no longer available, and had something completely different, i.e, different than the Vitality type. They told us all the suites get the same amenities now.

We had the Gilchrest & Soames on Allure.

and never been offered to us on any of ours. not even on the list of amenities on embarkation day.

Did you not receive a 5x7 booklet that was entitled Suite Guest Services - Welcome to the Suite Life? All amenities are listed in there including Complimentary Pressing on Formal Night. We found it in the leather bound folder on our coffee table that held the daily menus.

Edited by cruisenfever

Hi Patti

The RFS Suite on Grandeur had 2 TVs-one in the living room and a smaller one in the main bedroom.

For the Owner's Suite we were in on Splendour it wasn't the normal setup of the TV in the middle that spins around (always wanted one of those) but rather a divided room with 2 TVs-one in the bedroom section and another one in the living room.

You can see the second TV in the reflection in the vanity mirror...

Not sure is all the OSs on Splendour are set up this way but ours was. Perhaps because we were right next to the Royal Suite?

Thanks for the clarification George. I thought all OS cabins were alike to a point.:o

He was a very large man. Don't remember his name.

That's Gustavo Butcher. Again, he was very welcoming and friendly. I'd heard mixed reports form others on him, but don't want to get into an airing of grievances. Festivus is another 10 months off.

Raj was on his game though, I'd be thrilled to be on another cruise with him as Concierge.

I think I mentioned in another thread that there were so many top tier personnel that both lounges were so packed, I'm sure he had his hands full. It's unfortunate that the suite folks couldn't use the Conceirge lounge due to the overflow. Thankfully, we had our drinks loaded on our card and drank in the Viking crown lounge.

Hi Patti

The RFS Suite on Grandeur had 2 TVs-one in the living room and a smaller one in the main bedroom.

For the Owner's Suite we were in on Splendour it wasn't the normal setup of the TV in the middle that spins around (always wanted one of those) but rather a divided room with 2 TVs-one in the bedroom section and another one in the living room.

You can see the second TV in the reflection in the vanity mirror...

Not sure is all the OSs on Splendour are set up this way but ours was. Perhaps because we were right next to the Royal Suite?

I often wondered how that was handled in the days when flat screens were pricey and rare and all of us had a massive CRT monitor on the desk.

He is a lil hesitant trying escargot in front of my DS & DBiL and his son & friend... hard to tell your son to try new things while making a face when ya order it LOL

the LAST place he wants to try snails is on a cruise ship as they BUTCHER the preparation of them and to make it even worse by going Room service?! sorry, let him get out of this one gracefully.

We had the Gilchrest & Soames on Allure.

Did you not receive a 5x7 booklet that was entitled Suite Guest Services - Welcome to the Suite Life? All amenities are listed in there including Complimentary Pressing on Formal Night. We found it in the leather bound folder on our coffee table that held the daily menus.

No booklet. a single 11x7 sheet of paper. the half size daily menu was actually left on our bed after breakfast. that folder held the 'basic' RS menu and directory.

second sheet with our C&A perks listed.

we did have the G&S stuff, and they were replaced about halfway through without asking.

you must ask for it and you will pay for it unless you are high enough on the C&A tiers to have earned the free pressing. it is not a freebie perk otherwise for suites.
I was unaware of free pressing for high C&A tiers, and don't see it on Member Benefits https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits.do (but I'm pretty good at looking right at something and missing it:o). How many C&A points do you need for this?

We did Explorer B2B 24 Jan - 7 Feb. A last minute sign-up, and two different cabins, neither of them suites. Our cabin attendant the first cruise was going on vacation 29 Jan, and had already partly checked-out - we got some of our normal D+ amenities, but not all, but not a biggie to us. The last full day of the first cruise we went by our cabin for the second cruise, and asked the attendant, Anca, if that would still be her area, as we would be moving. Without us asking, she immediately promised to do our cabin first. After breakfast on B2B day we stopped to check the new room - 100% cleaned and ready, and Anca greeted us by name! We had a complete set up of G&S toiletries, and they were replaced whenever anything got low. Always a friendly greeting by name to welcome us "home". Anca got a Wow card, a write-up in our post-cruise survey, a hug from each of us, and cash.

Thom

I was unaware of free pressing for high C&A tiers, and don't see it on Member Benefits https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits.do (but I'm pretty good at looking right at something and missing it:o). How many C&A points do you need for this?

Thom

The clothes pressing benefit is NOT a C&A Tier benefit, it is a Suite benefit

• Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships
  • Priority check-in
  • Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available
  • Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)
  • VIP pool deck seating, where available
  • Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining
  • Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships
  • Complimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night
  • Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

Also, to clear up the confusion on the Gilcrest and Soames toiletries, they have indeed done away with them in suites. They are now a C&A benefit for D+ only ABOVE 340 points.

Most Suite folks are used to getting them so the suite attendants will go get them for you.

On our last cruise we booked a JS and didn't get them but were upgraded on the 2nd leg to an Owner's Suite and we did get G&S toiletries even though we have WAY less than 340 points. So that just adds to the confusion. As Patti and Jim have often said, there is no consistency ship to ship, or even week to week.

Good points all, Stompy.

Booking GS it'd always been a little muddy to us which of these benefits are due to the suite and which due to our C&A level. The solution for us, and I'm sure RCL isn't complaining, has been to keep booking GS's.

We just hit Diamond and see there is a lot of stuff checked on the C&A benefits page in the 'but we already have that' department. Like the "Welcome Gift/Amenity." Holy smoke, like we need someone else bringing food and treats :eek:

...and in the "I guess it's safe to say something now" department: while this last trip was the one where we hit Diamond upon its completion, our Gold Suite card has got us into the DL on the last 3 trips. This one was the only one where we went beyond "son of a gun, it DID work." What can I say? The DL on Indy has windows!

Good points all, Stompy.

Booking GS it'd always been a little muddy to us which of these benefits are due to the suite and which due to our C&A level. The solution for us, and I'm sure RCL isn't complaining, has been to keep booking GS's.

We just hit Diamond and see there is a lot of stuff checked on the C&A benefits page in the 'but we already have that' department. Like the "Welcome Gift/Amenity." Holy smoke, like we need someone else bringing food and treats :eek:

...and in the "I guess it's safe to say something now" department: while this last trip was the one where we hit Diamond upon its completion, our Gold Suite card has got us into the DL on the last 3 trips. This one was the only one where we went beyond "son of a gun, it DID work." What can I say? The DL on Indy has windows!

Just so you don't feel bad, last cruise we had a diamond couple in the CL every night. Figured it wasn't our job to tell the concierge so instead we sat with them:rolleyes: