NCL cruisers--how often do they run Kids Sail Free (3/4 passengers) promo?

JohnBoy in NC

Hi NCLers

I haven't sailed Norwegian yet....so havent really kept tabs on NCL sales/promos over the years. Some of our friends from our last cruise were discussing taking our kids and sailing together as families in a year or so. Saw NCL promo in one of my TA emails...so I started looking at the Escape in 2017. Great deal with kids plus the beverage package...but not sure if we all can take advantage of the current promo by the end of the month (deposit/just paying off recent cruise) and older kids college schedules.

My question to the board is....does NCL run this type of promo (3/4 passengers sail free) "often"...like once or twice a year...or is this a new/recent deal that hasn't happended before in NCL history? :)

Escape looks like a great fit for us (mid-40's) and our kids. Hope we can try NCL sometime in the future regardless.

Thanks in advance!

John in NC

Seems like last year they ran one in the spring and one in like July, but neither of those had the Choice part (adding UBP/UDP/OBC in addition to KSF). The year before I know they ran in spring because I booked, but not sure about July time frame. Also no Choice part that time. I honestly think they run in spring and then depending on bookings look at the end of summer window (just my opinion, so take it what it's worth).

Seems like last year they ran one in the spring and one in like July, but neither of those had the Choice part (adding UBP/UDP/OBC in addition to KSF). The year before I know they ran in spring because I booked, but not sure about July time frame. Also no Choice part that time. I honestly think they run in spring and then depending on bookings look at the end of summer window (just my opinion, so take it what it's worth).

Thank you---this is really helpful!

John in NC

If they rake in the dough by doing this combo promo, they could very well do it again this time next year.

We are not ready to book our 2017 cruise just yet, so we can't take advantage of it right now. Hopefully they do offer it again next year!

I really hope they do the same promotion again next year! :)

We have been sailing with NCL for several years now.

We started taking our daughter with us in 2011.

We only book using kids sail free. We take at least 2 cruises a year.

So, they have been running it twice a year for a few years now. :D

However, this is the first time that I have seen them do the other packages with it.

Also, since last year...it was the first they no longer made it just a kids sail free, but anyone 3rd-8th free.

Like a fine wine...getting better with age I suppose. LOL :D