what if flight home is several hours after cruise is over

greensnow

In looking at the flight times out of Puerto Rica there are several hours from when the cruise docks. We would like to take some time to roam around Puerto Rico but do not want to be burdened with the luggage.....any ideas?

Does/can the cruise line send the luggage directly to the airline or can they keep the luggage for you? Or maybe check the luggage in at the airport then roam....

Yes. We are rookie travellers. :D

In looking at the flight times out of Puerto Rica there are several hours from when the cruise docks. We would like to take some time to roam around Puerto Rico but do not want to be burdened with the luggage.....any ideas?

Does/can the cruise line send the luggage directly to the airline or can they keep the luggage for you? Or maybe check the luggage in at the airport then roam....

Which line, some offer such a service [at a cost].

Here's a related question. If our cruise comes into port @ 6am, what's (generally) the latest you can hang out before they kick the last passenger off the ship?

Anything after 9:30 is stretching the friendship in my opinion. But they probably won't start screaming your name till 10:30 or thereabouts. I try to be off by 9:00.

Remember they need to get the ship ready to start embarking new passengers by 11:30

Have you checked what tours RCI offers?

Some cruise lines offer tours where your luggage goes on the bus with you, you get to see some sights and they drop you off at the airport by around 2PM.

That would give you time to check your luggage, get through security and have something to eat before you board the plane.

Have you checked what tours RCI offers?

Some cruise lines offer tours where your luggage goes on the bus with you, you get to see some sights and they drop you off at the airport by around 2PM.

That would give you time to check your luggage, get through security and have something to eat before you board the plane.

Perfect suggestion. Thank you.

Several hours I interpret to mean 3 hours or less is not all that long to disembark, get your luggage, clear, get to the airport, go through Agriculture check, check in for your flight, go through security and get to your gate. I didn't read the whole thread but if you have 'several hours' you won't have a whole lot of time to waste.

Here's a related question. If our cruise comes into port @ 6am, what's (generally) the latest you can hang out before they kick the last passenger off the ship?

I agree with the poster who said you should plan to be off the ship by about 9:30. Remember the eagerness you had to board when your cruise was starting and know the next group of cruisers are just as eager. They cannot board until you are off, cleaning is underway and cabins are being prepared.

Several hours I interpret to mean 3 hours or less is not all that long to disembark, get your luggage, clear, get to the airport, go through Agriculture check, check in for your flight, go through security and get to your gate. I didn't read the whole thread but if you have 'several hours' you won't have a whole lot of time to waste.

Post #3 I mentioned most of our available flights out are approximately 5pm.

I did find a 3 hour shore excursion of San Juan plus airport drop off. Perfect. Thanks Krazy.

Barrachina restaurant in Old San Juan will store your luggage for you for free, starting I think, from 9am. You can look at their website, http://www.barrachina.com/. We used them years ago. They are supposed to be the originators of the pina colada. (Don't know if that is true) One caveat, when my husband and I used them, we neglected to realize that there was a street festival in Old San Juan for the day, and the streets were closed to vehicles, so that was a bit of an issue!

Post #3 I mentioned most of our available flights out are approximately 5pm.

I did find a 3 hour shore excursion of San Juan plus airport drop off. Perfect. Thanks Krazy.

Last time we had a late flight out of San Juan, we booked a hotel for the night before we disembarked. We advised them we would be early morning check ins the next morning so they didn't call us a 'no show'. We had guaranteed late check out and when we arrived from the ship in the early A.M., our room was waiting and we had a great day enjoying their pool and beach etc :)

You can grab a cab and get a tour. You can make the tour as long or as short as you want and get to see some of San Juan that way.