Port Canaveral New Royal Caribbean Terminal 1 question

WI-Cruiser

We'll be sailing the Enchantment in March and plan on parking at the terminal. My understanding is Royal Caribbean is now using Terminal 1. Haven't been to Port Canaveral before and this is also the first time driving/parking at a port. Didn't see any mention of Terminal 1 on the Port Canaveral website.

Could someone provide location and parking information? Do you typically drop off luggage, park, and then walk back to the ship?

Appreciate the assistance...

Terminal 1 is brand new and doesn't appear on any maps, websites, etc yet. We just boarded using that Terminal last week. It is in the same complex as the other terminals, so you can't really get lost. Just use directions to any terminal at Port Canaveral and then follow the signs for Terminal 1. It is very nice, but frankly ALL of the terminals at PC are nice and efficient.

And yes, you can drop off luggage and then go park. They've got a nice, new parking deck. We opted to save a few $$ and park at offsite parking through Park Port Canaveral. They were good and located less than a 5 minute drive from the port. But parking on site is definitely more convenient and I'd opt for that if I was going on a 3 or 4 day cruise.

My Edocs say follow the signs for terminal 2. I think you go further on 528 to get to terminal 1 as opposed to terminal 10 (I think that is the number of the other one that RCL used)

Are you parking at the port or park n go in a couple of weeks time? I'm thinking of trying the port in March. It's only 4 days (I know they charge for 5)

Your edocs should have directions to the terminal.

From my edocs -- directions to Terminal 1

Pier Terminal

Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal #1

9050 Discovery Road

Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Airport

Orlando International Airport

Travel time to Port - approximately 50 minutes

Driving

From Orlando International Airport:

Take Airport Exit 1A to SR 528 Beach Line Expressway East.

Remain on SR 528 East all the way to Port Canaveral. Upon

approaching the port area, follow the signs indicating Port

Canaveral ‘B’ Cruise Terminals, than turn left on George

King Street, Follow signs to your correct cruise terminal.

From I-95:

Coming from the North or South on I-95, take the SR 528

Beach Line Expressway East. Continue on SR 528 East

approximately 10 miles all the way to Port Canaveral. Upon

approaching the port area, follow the signs indicating Port

Canaveral ‘B’ Cruise Terminals, than turn left on George

King street. Follow signs to your correct cruise terminal

It is possible you will be in the old terminal. If I understand correctly Cruise Terminal 1 was built to handle bigger ships, and you will have a bigger Royal ship in port that day (Quantum) source: http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/United_States_Of_America/534-Port_Canaveral_Florida/March_2015/

Pretty sure T1 preference goes to homeported ships. Makes parking work better

Terminal 1 is brand new and doesn't appear on any maps, websites, etc yet. We just boarded using that Terminal last week. It is in the same complex as the other terminals, so you can't really get lost. Just use directions to any terminal at Port Canaveral and then follow the signs for Terminal 1. It is very nice, but frankly ALL of the terminals at PC are nice and efficient.

And yes, you can drop off luggage and then go park. They've got a nice, new parking deck. We opted to save a few $$ and park at offsite parking through Park Port Canaveral. They were good and located less than a 5 minute drive from the port. But parking on site is definitely more convenient and I'd opt for that if I was going on a 3 or 4 day cruise.

Definately not in same complex as other terminals. It is kind of in same area as Victory gambling ship. Do not take exit for Disney and Carnival ships if you want T1

Are you parking at the port or park n go in a couple of weeks time? I'm thinking of trying the port in March. It's only 4 days (I know they charge for 5)

Yes we are. One week from today :) We don't like all the changes that Park N Cruise has made.

Edited by molly361

Definately not in same complex as other terminals. It is kind of in same area as Victory gambling ship. Do not take exit for Disney and Carnival ships if you want T1

I dislike arguing with/contradicting other people online, but I just boarded using this terminal last week. I stared right at the Disney Dream and Carnival Sunshine from our ship. Per RCI's email to us before the cruise (which corrected the terminal as it still had Terminal 2): "Please note that check in for your cruise will take place at 9050 Discovery Road Terminal 1, Port Canaveral Florida. This is a new terminal and cannot be located on a GPS or maps program at this time. However, there are signs at the pier will guide you to the correct location, terminal 1." Terminal 1 is located at the same pier at Terminal 2 and the Disney Terminal.

It may have a slightly different entrance, but that is why I advised our OP to follow the signs to Term 1, just as RCI did.

I dislike arguing with/contradicting other people online, but I just boarded using this terminal last week. I stared right at the Disney Dream and Carnival Sunshine from our ship. Per RCI's email to us before the cruise (which corrected the terminal as it still had Terminal 2): "Please note that check in for your cruise will take place at 9050 Discovery Road Terminal 1, Port Canaveral Florida. This is a new terminal and cannot be located on a GPS or maps program at this time. However, there are signs at the pier will guide you to the correct location, terminal 1." Terminal 1 is located at the same pier at Terminal 2 and the Disney Terminal.

It may have a slightly different entrance, but that is why I advised our OP to follow the signs to Term 1, just as RCI did.

Terminal #1 IS NOT BY THE DISNEY TERMINAL. Terminal #1 is across from it right next to Grille's Restaurant.