Serenade of the Seas Questions

shadbrew

(1) We are Diamond members, but have never cruised out of New Orleans. We are booked on the March 7, 2015 cruise. What is the earliest time we can board the ship from the NOLA terminal? (2) Been reading on this site about an electrical issue that the Serenade had that cancelled a lot of cabins. Was this problem ever resolved? I couldn't find out if everything was back to normal or not.

Edited by shadbrew

(1) We are Diamond members, but have never cruised out of New Orleans. We are booked on the March 7, 2015 cruise. What is the earliest time we can board the ship from the NOLA terminal? (2) Been reading on this site about an electrical issue that the Serenade had that cancelled a lot of cabins. Was this problem ever resolved? I couldn't find out if everything was back to normal or not.

Boarding usually starts sometime between 11am and noon.

We are on the 14th sailing so don't break anything when you are on the ship. LOL

I followed all the news and reviews surrounding the electrical issue on the Serenade and it appears to have been resolved that same week it happened and the next sailing went off as normal.

Boarding usually starts sometime between 11am and noon.

Thank you. We are staying at a hotel within a few blocks of the NOLA terminal. Would we be allowed to just walk to the terminal...or would security stop us? Can't see taking a cab for 3 blocks.

We are staying at a hotel within a few blocks of the NOLA terminal. Would we be allowed to just walk to the terminal...or would security stop us? Can't see taking a cab for 3 blocks.

Yes, you can walk to the terminal. We did it, no problems whatsoever. There will be porters to take your luggage and then you carry on inside to check in. You can do what we did and do a "dry run".. while you are out exploring, just take a walk down to the terminal to familiarize yourselves with it.

Here is a post I wrote about it from last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41778534&postcount=1

Have fun! Serenade is wonderful. :)

Thank you. We are staying at a hotel within a few blocks of the NOLA terminal. Would we be allowed to just walk to the terminal...or would security stop us? Can't see taking a cab for 3 blocks.

Shadbrew, come on over to our Roll Call and we can answer your questions! We've got lots of folks, 84 pages and would welcome any and all to the Post-Mardi Gras Pre-St. Patrick's Day Lost in Margaritaville cruise!! :D

Oh, and we're on the same street I'll wager and walking to the Julia Street terminal.

BTW, Bob (AKA Clarea [someday I'm going to have to ask how he found that appellation]) is IMO the best resource of a ton of great resources on this Board! But we've got some top notch cruisers, too, and we'd welcome you to our party.

VR,

T Lex

Edited by TLex

You can walk.

Yes, you can walk to the terminal. We did it, no problems whatsoever. There will be porters to take your luggage and then you carry on inside to check in. You can do what we did and do a "dry run".. while you are out exploring, just take a walk down to the terminal to familiarize yourselves with it.

Here is a post I wrote about it from last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41778534&postcount=1

Have fun! Serenade is wonderful. :)

Thanks for your review, too! After all the excellent reviews from folks like you, Hoopster's, Lemonade-Sails, Paul in Pittsburgh, Happy Tulips last February, and most recently, Havana Daydreamin', we're locked and loaded with great information, photos, advice, and guides to our voyage!

Now if we can just figure out who's the CD for THIS cruise (Bill is leaving, John and Katrina are gone).... :D

At least we're pretty sure Alan will still be in the CL since Nizar is on vacation.

VR,

T Lex

We are on the 14th sailing so don't break anything when you are on the ship. LOL

I followed all the news and reviews surrounding the electrical issue on the Serenade and it appears to have been resolved that same week it happened and the next sailing went off as normal.

Which cabin are you in?

We're amidships so we will leave our "little" stateroom intact, promise!

Now as for those rowdy party types on deck 10 aft, NO PROMISES! :D :D :D

VR,

T Lex

Thanks for your review, too! After all the excellent reviews from folks like you, Hoopster's, Lemonade-Sails, Paul in Pittsburgh, Happy Tulips last February, and most recently, Havana Daydreamin', we're locked and loaded with great information, photos, advice, and guides to our voyage!

Now if we can just figure out who's the CD for THIS cruise (Bill is leaving, John and Katrina are gone).... :D

At least we're pretty sure Alan will still be in the CL since Nizar is on vacation.

VR,

T Lex

Carly Boileau starts Feb 27

Up until then it is Bill Brunkhorst

Which cabin are you in?

We're amidships so we will leave our "little" stateroom intact, promise!

Now as for those rowdy party types on deck 10 aft, NO PROMISES! :D :D :D

VR,

T Lex

We're all the way in the back on deck 8. (8168)

Carly Boileau starts Feb 27

Up until then it is Bill Brunkhorst

So Carly's coming out of semi-retirement?

Cool! Look forward to sailing in three weeks.

Thanks!

VR,

T Lex

Edited by TLex

We're all the way in the back on deck 8. (8168)

Oh, well, then I think you're "safe."

But based on our RC, we've got a pretty rambunctious bunch of folks who can't wait to get to the Big Easy! :D

Sorry you'll miss the Cabin Crawl of the Century, tho'. :)

OTOH, YOU get Jamaica!

VR,

T Lex

Oh, well, then I think you're "safe."

But based on our RC, we've got a pretty rambunctious bunch of folks who can't wait to get to the Big Easy! :D

Sorry you'll miss the Cabin Crawl of the Century, tho'. :)

OTOH, YOU get Jamaica!

VR,

T Lex

Jamaica is the only port that I had way too many things I wanted to do. I still do not think we will be able to squeeze in the smaller list we have planned now. I am looking forward to it more than any other port. :)

Jamaica is the only port that I had way too many things I wanted to do. I still do not think we will be able to squeeze in the smaller list we have planned now. I am looking forward to it more than any other port. :)

Well, we'll do our best to keep Serenade intact for you! One electrical crisis per year is more than enough, thank you! :p

Now, WE have to wait on Raxter54's group sailing 28 February to keep the ship intact. But Carol AKA Merion Mom, one of the most experienced "legends" on this Board, is doing a B2B with him and then us so we'll count on her to keep them in line! :D

VR,

T Lex

Edited by TLex

We stayed at Embassy Suites in Jan. and walked about 3 blocks down Julia to the terminal entrance. About a half block before the terminal there were some porters accepting luggage and we dropped ours off and then proceeded to the terminal. We boarded at 11:00 and at 1:00 when we started to the cabin, our luggage was sitting in the elevator lobby on our deck. We identified it and a crew member brought it right to the cabin. Earliest ever!

The electrical failure happened on the last night of our btb--Jan. 23rd. It apparently was all worked out before the end of the next week.

I was on the January 17th 'electric' cruise. It was a b2b - so I was also on the January 24th cruise. My cabin was in the dark Friday night through sometime Monday. They gave me a glow stick! Eerie green. I had to move out of my very forward balcony cabin Saturday. :mad:

I would have stayed put as the toilet and shower worked and I had a balcony, so I had natural light. I just needed a place to plug in my hair dryer! :D No go. I was actually able to move back to my original cabin Tuesday morning. Unpack - pack - unpack - pack - etc. So much for having the same cabin on a b2b.

There were so many people that couldn't board, (sad situation - but there was no choice). Things seemed kind of empty! Especially the main dining room . . . Everything eventually appeared to be back to normal!

Serenade is a lovely ship - you'll have a good time!

Edited by crilski

VR,

T Lex

I followed Havana Daydreamin', it was great!

Where do I find the others?

We sail the Serenade in 12 days :D

Well, we'll do our best to keep Serenade intact for you! One electrical crisis per year is more than enough, thank you! :p

Now, WE have to wait on Raxter54's group sailing 28 February to keep the ship intact. But Carol AKA Merion Mom, one of the most experienced "legends" on this Board, is doing a B2B with him and then us so we'll count on her to keep them in line! :D

VR,

T Lex

Jiminy1955 and I will do our best to leave her in good shape for you :D

Edited by Raxter54