gratuities

baileydanae

Hi,

I just booked my cruise on Norwegian Dawn this may!! But, I didn't notice anything about gratuities. When I book on carnival, there is a spot where you add that price on. Are there automatic gratuities put on here? Or is it all personal and individual?

Thanks

Hi,

I just booked my cruise on Norwegian Dawn this may!! But, I didn't notice anything about gratuities. When I book on carnival, there is a spot where you add that price on. Are there automatic gratuities put on here? Or is it all personal and individual?

Thanks

The DSC can either be paid before the cruise on the NCL website or by calling in or it can be left on the final bill (automatically) as you leave the cruise ship (just like Carnival). Your choice.

Hi,

Thanks

It is called a service charge on NCL and you may pre-pay them prior to boarding. You should be able to add them on you MyNCL page. Since they are going up .95 a day per person pre-paying them now avoids this increase.

Hi,

Thanks

If you go to the Frequently Asked Questions section on NCL.com you will see information regarding both the Service Charge and Tipping.

It is called a service charge on NCL and you may pre-pay them prior to boarding. You should be able to add them on you MyNCL page. Since they are going up .95 a day per person pre-paying them now avoids this increase.

Do you know when they are expected to go up?

So our cruise is November 1, 2015. If I prepay the gratuities today, do I get hit by the increase?

Thanks!

Did you get an email from NCL with the option to prepay at the lower rate? We did, but our cruise is next month. Check in your ncl.com account, vacation summary, prepay gratuities--and see if it shows the lower rate for your cruise.

Edited by mizlorinj

Did you get an email from NCL with the option to prepay at the lower rate? We did, but our cruise is next month. Check in your ncl.com account, vacation summary, prepay gratuities--and see if it shows the lower rate for your cruise.

I just tried to log in to myncl and it wouldn't let me. I didn't pay the deposit yet, is that why? I plan on paying it today or tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help!

I just tried to log in to myncl and it wouldn't let me. I didn't pay the deposit yet, is that why? I plan on paying it today or tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help!

I believe that courtesy holds only last for 24 hours. If you do not pay your deposit in that window you lose your reservation. As far as I know until you pay the deposit the cruise does not show in your MyNCL. You can log into MyNCL without a cruise booked, so the logging in issue has nothing to do with your deposit being paid.

6&8

I believe that courtesy holds only last for 24 hours. If you do not pay your deposit in that window you lose your reservation. As far as I know until you pay the deposit the cruise does not show in your MyNCL. You can log into MyNCL without a cruise booked, so the logging in issue has nothing to do with your deposit being paid.

6&8

You get 72 hours! Which is awesome! Ours is due midnight on Tuesday. However, I hope to make up our mind today and pay it! Wonder why I can't log in.

You get 72 hours! Which is awesome! Ours is due midnight on Tuesday. However, I hope to make up our mind today and pay it! Wonder why I can't log in.

Will this be your first NCL cruise? You can't log-in until you paid the deposit and have a reservation number. If you've cruised with them before you'll need to set up an account with your NCL Latitudes number. Don't know your Latitudes number, then you'll have to make a phone call to them.

So our cruise is November 1, 2015. If I prepay the gratuities today, do I get hit by the increase?

Thanks!

From the email that I received...as long as you prepary the DSC before the end of February, you will still pay the old rate of $12...no matter when your cruise is.

Anything paid after that will be the new rate. :)

Although, from the emails that people have been receiving directly from NCL there is no requirement to pay by the end of February.

Actually people are filling in the blanks with their own opinion. The emails states if you pay before 01 March you will pay at the old rate. It states on any cruise after 01 March if you pay on board you pay at the new rate. That is all is states and anything else stated by people here is purely speculation but it is true, you do not have to pay prior to your cruise......that has never changed. The only thing up in the air is how much you will have to pay other than what the email has stated.

Actually people are filling in the blanks with their own opinion. The emails states if you pay before 01 March you will pay at the old rate.

The email only states that after March 1 charges onboard are done at new rates.

As KeithJenner said, the email sent directly to customers doesn't say anything about a deadline for prepaying (obiviously as long as it is before the cruise) or that one would need to pay before March 1 to get old rates.

The whole email I received is there in the another thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45599430

Edited by Demonyte

Actually people are filling in the blanks with their own opinion. The emails states if you pay before 01 March you will pay at the old rate. It states on any cruise after 01 March if you pay on board you pay at the new rate. That is all is states and anything else stated by people here is purely speculation but it is true, you do not have to pay prior to your cruise......that has never changed. The only thing up in the air is how much you will have to pay other than what the email has stated.

There are a lot of things which are speculation at the moment, or that people are "filling the blanks" on, but is it a fact that the emails sent direct from NCL don't quote a date to prepay the DSC by.

Whether they should have or not is certainly a matter for speculation, but they certainly don't state a date to pay by.

There are a lot of things which are speculation at the moment, or that people are "filling the blanks" on, but is it a fact that the emails sent direct from NCL don't quote a date to prepay the DSC by.

Whether they should have or not is certainly a matter for speculation, but they certainly don't state a date to pay by.

Some of the confusion seems to arise from the fact (based on quoted emails) that two different emails were sent. The one quoted from a travel agent gives the Feb. 28 deadline; the one quoted by Demonyte (which is what we cruisers received if we owed them directly to NCL ) gives no dated deadline, rather a note to prepay to avoid increase on currently booked cruises.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk