Tux required on equinox?

otto2

There are a few options you could consider if you do not want to bring at least a suit with you (which is asked of guests in the MDR on formal evenings)

If you are staying in an Aqua class room, you eat in Blu which is smart casual on all evenings.

Suite guest, you will have your own dining room which I am guessing will be run similar to Blu, therefore, smart casual all evenings.

You can opt to eat at a speciality restaurant on formal nights, they also require smart casual dress, but on formal nights you will see a mix of both.

There's always the buffet or you can decide to dine in your cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!

There are a few options you could consider if you do not want to bring at least a suit with you (which is asked of guests in the MDR on formal evenings)

If you are staying in an Aqua class room, you eat in Blu which is smart casual on all evenings.

Suite guest, you will have your own dining room which I am guessing will be run similar to Blu, therefore, smart casual all evenings.

You can opt to eat at a speciality restaurant on formal nights, they also require smart casual dress, but on formal nights you will see a mix of both.

There's always the buffet or you can decide to dine in your cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!

We never dress up, but I always say the dress code is "smart casual or above"

You can rent a tux onboard the ship?

You can give your measurements and order it well before embarkation . Now, understand that it won't be Pierre Cardin, but it's good enough and it saves packing space. If you already have shirts, ties, studs etc you don't have to order them, just bring yours along. I usually take my own tux but I rented one once and it was good enough. I love dressing up but I hate dragging the clothes.

You will not need a tux, but if you want to eat in the MDR on formal nights a suit or sport coat would be nice.

Rather than packing a jacket, he wore a nice dress shirt, bow tie and black vest/dress slacks. Looked dressy and nice!

From what we had read, sometimes one is given a jacket which can be put over chair back inside. He was prepared to do so if the bow tie/vest idea was questionned at the door...Never happened.

Sailing spain and Portugal on equinox this October. What is dress on formal nights? Will be traveling in Europe week prior, do not need to lug tux or suit.

All the thoughts and answers to dress code questions have been compiled into this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2113872

The dress code for formal nights is a hot topic often resulting in long heated debates here on Cruise Critic. For that reason the Celebrity Forum Moderators have asked all dress code discussions be limited to the thread that Wallie5446 indicated.

The short answer is that there is a dress code for formal nights in the Main Dining Room that does ask men to wear a tux or suit. Sometimes this is loosely enforced leading to the long debates as some choose to disregard the request.

Rather than packing a jacket, he wore a nice dress shirt, bow tie and black vest/dress slacks. Looked dressy and nice!

From what we had read, sometimes one is given a jacket which can be put over chair back inside. He was prepared to do so if the bow tie/vest idea was questionned at the door...Never happened.

Don't pack a jacket, wear it. I always wear a blazer on the plane. Saves space and the flight attendants notice and smile at me, something women don't do so much anymore :( Clothes still make the man.

I've never seen a jacket supplied on a ship, and if it doesn't properly fit, I can understand putting it over the chair back. But I hate seeing a man doing that with his own jacket