Will a 10am flight be a problem off the Oasis?

lara68

We are on the Oasis in June from FLL to the western caribbean. We just learned the airline changed our flight time to 10 am!! To change our flight would be a charge for our 3 tickets. We plan on doing the self-disembarkation. Will we be able to make this flight???

If you are flying our of FLL, and there are no delays with the ship arrival or customs priocessing, then you should be able to make it to the airport by 7am.

Edited by clarea

We are on the Oasis in June from FLL to the western caribbean. We just learned the airline changed our flight time to 10 am!! To change our flight would be a charge for our 3 tickets. We plan on doing the self-disembarkation. Will we be able to make this flight???

First of all, if the AIRLINE changed your flight and you don't like the change, you should be able to get it changed again without paying a change fee. Have a viable alternate itinerary with flight numbers handy when you call them. (There may be exceptions to this if you booked a super discounted ticket and/or booked air through the cruise line.)

Secondly, if for whatever reason you choose to accept the change to a 10am flight, you should be able to make it given the fact that we are talking about Oasis specifically and FLL. I would stick with your plan of self disembarking, and take a cab, not a cruise shuttle to the airport.

Edited by waterbug123

If you're not comfortable with such an early flight, you could try calling the airline. I've had this issue a few times after flight times have changed, and they've offered to rebook my party free of charge. The only time this didn't work was when the time change was only a 15 or 20 minute difference.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I recently read an Oasis review where upon the ship's return, they were short customs agents. Disembarkment was so backed up, the last passengers didn't make it off the ship until 11am.

That being said, everytime we've arrived in FLL we've been at the airport by 7:30am.

But you can't predict customs!

We just got off of the Oasis a few weeks ago and had an 11:30 flight. We did the early disembarkation, left the ship at about 7:00 with our bags, and were through security at FLL by 8:00. You can get off the ship as early as 6:30. There were not many cabs available so we ended up hopping on a shuttle.

I recently read an Oasis review where upon the ship's return, they were short customs agents. Disembarkment was so backed up, the last passengers didn't make it off the ship until 11am.

That being said, everytime we've arrived in FLL we've been at the airport by 7:30am.

But you can't predict customs!

Frequently in June there is only 2 or 3 ships in port on Saturday. That time of year should be a little easier on the port.

If you get off early, you could make it. However, I would never book a 10am flight for us out of FLL. The last 2 times we sailed out of FLL, once on Oasis & the other on Princess, we got stuck both times due to customs. The earliest we walked off was 8:55am. We were in line in the MDR (Princess) at 7:20am waiting to self disembark.

The other time on Oasis, customs was so backed up that time, we walked off 1 hr 45 min passed our scheduled time. I will never forget some people standing near us freaking out because they kept saying they were going to miss their flight. I always wondered if they made it or not.

When flying out of FLL, I never book anything before noon, but that's just because of our past experiences. Many people book sooner and make it with no problems.

I would make sure you have insurance if you take a 10am flight. Things do happen, so you just never know. ;)

If you get off early, you could make it. However, I would never book a 10am flight for us out of FLL. The last 2 times we sailed out of FLL, once on Oasis & the other on Princess, we got stuck both times due to customs. The earliest we walked off was 8:55am. We were in line in the MDR (Princess) at 7:20am waiting to self disembark.

The other time on Oasis, customs was so backed up that time, we walked off 1 hr 45 min passed our scheduled time. I will never forget some people standing near us freaking out because they kept saying they were going to miss their flight. I always wondered if they made it or not.

When flying out of FLL, I never book anything before noon, but that's just because of our past experiences. Many people book sooner and make it with no problems.

I would make sure you have insurance if you take a 10am flight. Things do happen, so you just never know. ;)

I agree. Should be fine, but wouldn't want to do it:(