Live regal princess review 2/22/15 7 day sailing

esquire20

PRINCESS CAYS DAY 2

FORGOT TO MENTION:

Once I arrived on board we purchased a soda card only and a coffee card. A note for you coffee card E-Bay hopefuls, Princess now puts the name of the ship and sailing date on the card. Also, TIP as soon as you are able, call the dining reservation line on your cabin phone a make your specialty dining reservations, you can also make your MDR dining reservations for anytime dining, but NOT on the first night. It is recommended however, because the anytime wait line is long.

DAY2:

We woke up in the morning and immediately went to the IC for cappuccino and pastries, we had the Princess breakfast sandwich, excellent! The Cronut, Almond Croissant , excellent! And a cream doughnut . We then went to the MDR to pick up our tender tickets and waited about 15 minutes, we boarded quickly and the tender trip was short. Princess Cays was beautiful, the day was sunny, but the water was Freezing! We stayed about 2 hours and decided to return to the ship to go into the Jacuzzi and took advantage of the retreat area. After a day on deck, we returned to our cabin a prepared for dinner, they Post that day's menu outside of the dining room, after reviewing the menu, we decided to try the buffet at the Horizon court.

The Buffet is well laid out and has plenty of seating, all the areas are dedicated to action station, like Rotisserie , carving station, taco station, cheese station, multiple salad stations and a Stir fry station, made to order. The service was attentive and prompt and the tables are set with linen napkins and glassware.

There was a comedian that night we did not attent , and instead saw a movie in Cabin. Oh, I forgot to mention the Pastry Shop in the Buffet, which had every dessert imaginable including brownies and cookies.

Day 3 sea day First Formal Night

We woke up later, and the night before, I filled out the room service card for coffee and pastries, left it out on the door with my Do Not Disturb sign, room service came promptly at the designated time and HOT! TIP: Make sure you have singles to tip the room service attendant.

We then walked around the Ship and had lunch at the Ocean Terrace Seafood bar, we each had a Crab Cocktail and ($6) and a lobster (9). I don't believe the crab was worth it. The lobster was. A quick change and to the Retreat Jacuzzis. It was sunny but very, very, windy, it was hard to remain outdoors, the ship was moving as well even though the seas were calm. We returned to the cabin to change and shower for the first formal night

Demographics

Definitely older on this ship, there was a good mix, very few kids, but 55-70 crowd. The Piazza is definitely the heart of the ship, the venue is used for dancing, misic, shopping, arts and crafts, cha cha lessons, champagne waterfall, or just plain people watching.

The MDR menu for the first formal night was the special 50th anniversary taking special dishes representing the 5 decades of Princess, we had shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad and the Filet Mignon which was excellent, we had the Grand Marniere soufflé and the Norman Love signature dessert which was a Rasberry dome filled with chocolate mousse which was excellent.

The show that evening was there musical review Spectacular, show were at 6:30,8:30 and 10:30. We went to the 6:30 show and went to dinner at 7:30 with reservations. After dinner, we went to deck 16 and watched the water fountain show set to Michael Jackson music, was fun but again, too windy!! Went to bed and watched Jersey Boys, very good. Sorry for the delay in the posting, but I have wasted 150 minutes of Internet time with the lost connections, I am presently posting at a bar in St Thomas with free wi-fi so be patient. To be continued........

Correction to the Pervious post, the first formal night was day three.

Observatios: the ship and public spaces are beautiful and well maintained, the elevators are smaller and slower. Since our cabin is forward, we have not missed the famous missing, midship staircase. We did not like the Gelato shop, preferred the free soft serve on the lido deck.we are always met with with a friendly hello and good morning by the employees. The MDR service has been inconsistent, we have yet to find a table with a good service team, the first night the waiter was too slow, last night the service was faster, but the waitress just talked too much.our cabin steward Joey has been quietly efficient complying with all our requests.

DAY 4 st Thomas:

We woke up at 7:30 am got ready and went to the MDR for breakfast which serves breakfast from 7:00am- 9:00am , we took some photos about the ship, by the time we were done the ship was cleared. A few years back we found a beach in St Thomas called Emerald Beach, very quiet, with chairs to rent, a bathroom, a bar and free Wi-fi. Since we were docked in Crown Bay it was only a $4 cab ride away, see Isaiah, two chairs under a nice tree ,$12. Tonight we are reserved at the Crown Grill, also the show FIERA tonight. We plan to go again to the 6:30 show. Sorry for the double up, but the Internet connection on the ship is horrible and expensive. Another 100 minutes is $69!!! To be continued.............

I presume the Royal will have the same internet quality. My 250 free minutes will be used up quickly!

Perhaps the OP is trying to compose his posts while on line.

We didn't have problems on either ship. The internet was slow, but we wrote everything offline and copied and pasted when we went online. I had left over free minutes when I departed the Regal. My husband never used his. :D

ST THOMAS Continued:

we returned from a lovely day at Emerald beach, we showered and changed and went to the 6:30 show of FIERA which was excellent. Great sets, costumes, pirotechnics.We then had reservations to the Princess steak house at the Crown Grill, to put it simply, it was the best meal so far. We started with seared sea scallops, and shrimp cocktail, then French onion soup, then Grilled Rib-eye staks, with mushrooms, creamed spinach, and baked potatoes, for dessert we shared the Princess sampler, which is a small version of all their desserts, and the Norman Love peanut butter and chocalate bar, both were great.

We returned to our cabin and watched Gone Girl.

St. Marten Day 5

We woke up at 7:30 and had breakfast in the MDR. THE SERVICE WAS FAST AND PLEASANT, the ship was cleared at about 9:30 we left the ship on deck 4 and looked around the stores and took some pictures. The Equinox,the Summit, and the Freedom of the seas were docked along side us. We then took a taxi to Mullet Bay Beach and spent a lovely afternoon, rented @ chairs and an umbrella for $15, the taxi fare was $8 pp to the beach, make sure you leave enough time to get back to the ship, as traffic can get congested late in the afternoon. Today was sunny 82 degrees, but still quite windy, we have had wind follow us from FLL, tonight dinner is at 7:30 made reservations this morning, tonight there will be a Ventriloquist/Comedian, and then a Deck Party at 10:00pm. The Cruise director on this cruise is Martyn Moss, he has been fine nothing special,

Obesrvations: so far everything has been great on board, last night my cabin TV froze, I called guest relations and the problem was solved quickly. The only mishap so far is that I did lose my coffee card in port somewhere only had 5 punches on it, so please be careful with it. I reported it to the Guest Relations, but there was no effort to accomodate me. It was my fault, so I cannot complain. Well that it is all for now, I will be finishing my review when I get to FLL, as I do not have any mor internet minutes left. A previous poster correctly pointed out that there is a way to post without being on line, unfortunately I did not know how to do it. I did enroll for EZ luggage. My flight does not leave until 7:00pm on Sunday. We have 2 sea days going back to Florida,tomorrow is the second formal night, to be continued...........

• 2 weeks later...

I hoe you who post live reviews know how much the rest of us enjoy and appreciate them. I, too, would like to know how to post offline to be ready to shoot them through quickly when I do go online.

We were on the sailing the week before you. I enjoyed your review and totally agree about the service in the MDR. We left the first formal night before dessert because it would take way to long if we didn't. The only bad thing I found in the buffet were the desserts. All of them tasted like sugar and flour, very tasteless. Even the Key Lime Pie I waited for desperately had little flavor and was very disappointing. Otherwise the buffet was amazing! I enjoyed the tv in the room with all the movies but we also had our tv freeze 4 different times. It does come back on sooner or later but really is annoying.

To compose off line I believe you just compose in Word and the copy and paste on line to these boards.

I have the Word app on my iPhone but it looks like I have to pay 6.99 a month for Microsoft. I have Microsoft Office 2013 on my pc, but not on my iPhone. Don't want to add to my horrendous phone bill.

Thank you for continuing to post. I'm in the same boat (or should I say ship) as you. I haven't figured out how to write a review without using internet minutes and then post using min.

Hope disembarkation goes well for you.

I have the Word app on my iPhone but it looks like I have to pay 6.99 a month for Microsoft. I have Microsoft Office 2013 on my pc, but not on my iPhone. Don't want to add to my horrendous phone bill.

Not familiar with the iPhone myself.

Can you compose an e-mail with the text you want and then copy and paste once getting on the Internet?

That will be the next thing I try. I actually build a doc on my phone in the Word app, but the font is microscopic. I attached it to an email to myself. None of my friends know how to enlarge the font on their emails. Spent an hour trying to increase it in the doc. Being an old lady is no fun! But tomorrow is another day!