Live regal princess review 2/22/15 7 day sailing

esquire20

Backround:

Hello Fellow CC members, my name is Leslie, I am 58 years old and will be traveling with my wife on this cruise. We both have been on over 40 cruises on Celebrity,Princess,RCL,NCL, Carnival, HAL and Disney. Our last cruise was on the Carnival Dream in August/2014. We are currently Platinum members on Princess and Elite members on Celebrity. Our last Princess cruise was on the Caribbean Princess during hurricane Sandy, we were supposed to go to Bermuda, but we ended up being diverted to Boston. Our 4 day cruise turned into 6 days because New York had closed their ports. But we still had a great time. We are currently booked in cabin A210 which is a " sideways" inside cabin. As is our usual practice, we are flying in to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, a day before sailing. We are currently booked at the Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport. We found this 3 star hotel on Hotwire for $118.00, just checked and the cheapest room now is $338.00, so it pays to reserve early. This hotel does provide a free shuttle service from the Airport. We live in New Jersey and this winter has been BRUTAL so we are looking forward to this Cruise. I would like to thank all the people who have posted their reviews and experiences and hope to give back in a small way. I received an e-mail from Princess indicating that the Unexpected Boys will be on this cruise and that the movies that will be Shown on MUTS will be The Judge and the Hunger Games part1. We will be flying Delta to Fort Lauderdale, well that is all for now, to be continued................

Can't wait to read the review. We sailed on the Regal in November and had one of our best cruises. Dinner in the MDR was usually fabulous and don't miss trying the Norman Love desserts-yummy. Also don't miss the wonderful show Fiera, which is only on Regal. Unique and very well done! Enjoy your cruise and we'll enjoy following along.

Hi Leslie . We are on next weeks Regal cruise and also have a "sideways" cabin , one back of yours.

Very much looking forward to your observations . Your comments about hotel rooms hit home.

We couldn't find anything decent for less then $250, so we are renting a car and staying with family.

You are so right - This winter has been brutal.:( Enjoy the warmth and report back.

Edited by richstowe

Backround:

Hello Fellow CC members, my name is Leslie, I am 58 years old and will be traveling with my wife on this cruise. We both have been on over 40 cruises on Celebrity,Princess,RCL,NCL, Carnival, HAL and Disney. Our last cruise was on the Carnival Dream in August/2014. We are currently Platinum members on Princess and Elite members on Celebrity. Our last Princess cruise was on the Caribbean Princess during hurricane Sandy, we were supposed to go to Bermuda, but we ended up being diverted to Boston. Our 4 day cruise turned into 6 days because New York had closed their ports. But we still had a great time. We are currently booked in cabin A210 which is a " sideways" inside cabin. As is our usual practice, we are flying in to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, a day before sailing. We are currently booked at the Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport. We found this 3 star hotel on Hotwire for $118.00, just checked and the cheapest room now is $338.00, so it pays to reserve early. This hotel does provide a free shuttle service from the Airport. We live in New Jersey and this winter has been BRUTAL so we are looking forward to this Cruise. I would like to thank all the people who have posted their reviews and experiences and hope to give back in a small way. I received an e-mail from Princess indicating that the Unexpected Boys will be on this cruise and that the movies that will be Shown on MUTS will be The Judge and the Hunger Games part1. We will be flying Delta to Fort Lauderdale, well that is all for now, to be continued................

Esquire20,

Looking forward to your thread. We have been on the Royal several times and will be on the Regal in April. DW and I were also on the CB for the Hurricane Sandy cruise to Boston. We also enjoyed the cruise since we never were in Boston. We even took the train up to Salem on Halloween since we were still 'stuck' in Boston. Had a great time despite the circumstances. We also thought that Princess handled the whole situation great, including providing custom buses everyday for passengers needing to get back to NYC.

Enjoy your trip. Safe Journeys. Paul

We sailed on the maiden voyage last May and had a sideways inside and loved it. We are schedule on the TA in April of this year. I am already ready to leave now, so following along with you is just going to make me that much more impatient for April to get here. But alas I will still endure the torment I will inflict upon myself.

I wish you warm weather and smooth seas along your journey.

Hi Leslie,

Peggy and Ernie here.....we will be on this cruise with you....have you checked out the roll call? We have a get together planned for sailaway at the outrigger bar and a meet and greet 10:00 Club 6 the first sea day.

It's always fun to read a review of a cruise you're on from someone elses perspective.

Looking forward to a great cruise week!!!

Hi Leslie, I'm another Leslie 58 too, going on the regal March 1st, Will be reading your posts daily. Thanks for keeping us updated. Ill past you Saturday at FLL, we get in at 11:10 nonstop from Baltimore.

Edited by lescas

Thanks for doing a "live" thread for your cruise! I booked the Regal, a sideways inside cabin for a Grand Adventure 2016! Copenhagen with all the great ports then the TA to Boston and NYC.

Sailing single I've been hesitant to try a "bigger" ship but this itinerary is exactly what I want so I'm going to take the plunge. I'll be following your comments with great interest!

Thanks again! :)

Edited by susancruzs
Correction

Hi Leslie!!

Thank you so much for sharing your observations. My family will be on Regal in November for a 60th birthday celebration for my hubby. Both adult kids and their spouses/partners are joining us, as well as some friends. I am looking forward to your reviews so I can start planning!!

Embarkation DAY 1

Sorry for the delay, but after I spent over 1 hour writing the post, I lost internet connection. Well, as soon as we arrived in Fort Lauderdale we found out that it began to snow in NJ, over 8 inches, talking about getting out of town in time, arrived to a sunny Florida and about 74 degrees. Remember I was booked at the Best Western Plus. They provided free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. Prompt and seamless, Check-in was a breeze, room was fine, free internet. The hotel also offered shuttle service from the hotel to the port at a charge of $10.00pp, so I signed up for a 10:00 am pick up. The shuttle was prompt, we arrived at the terminal at 10:30 am. The regular line was much loner than the preferred line, Since I was a Platinium member, we went through quickly, they do scan the carry ons and ask you how many bottles of wine you have, so remember not to put more than 2 bottles in each carry on. We were number 1 to board. we started to board about 11:45 am, no more Kiosks for photos for your card, they are all done by hand held scanners. As soon as we boarded, we went to Alfredos for a wonderful lunch of antipasto and the Princess Pizza with proscutto and tomatoes. After lunch, we went directly to the room at 12:30 which was ready. TIP as soon as you get to your room ,call the dinner reservation line and make your specialty dining reservations. We booked the Crown grill for the day of St Thomas, at $25.00pp

The Ship

Our first impressions were that the Piazza is stunning with all the gold accents and warm tones and bright marble floors, Very elegant.

MUSTER:the muster drill was at 3:15pm WITH life jackets.

ELEVATORS: small and slow

We wanted to have dinner at 7:30pm, when we arrived at the dining room, the line was into the Piazza, we were in anytime dining, the MDR are the Symphony and Concerto located on decks 5 and 6 midship. Service was painfully slow, DW had Kinglip fish, I had the Prime Rib, there was French onion soup

, and garlic shrimp for appetizers, we did not stay foe dessert. Princess would not take dinner reservations for the first night, but indicated they would the next day.

CABIN A210

is a sideways inside cabin, EXCELLENT, plenty of storage, luggage fits under the bed, lots of closet space and a large SAMSUNG flat

screen with plenty of free on Demand movies, I watched John Wick last night. we did not attend any shows went to bed early. To be continued, Next stop Princess Cays

I watched you depart from Port Everglades. Right on time. Others were delayed. Holland America stopped very soon after getting out of the port. A boat pulled up next to the ship and took off a sick passenger.

Then Allure of the Seas had to come back. Don't know why. I heard sick people??

Silhoutte left late, says it was because of late flights.

I'll be watching next week also.