Current Bar Menu

IECalCruiser

• 3 months later...

Our experience with the AIBP was pretty good. DW drinks double vodka tonics with Ciroc and only once did the bartender say anything about the over $10. He still gave it to her on the package. Checked the bill at the end of the cruise and no extra charges. We also hit Crooners for some JW blue label and only paid the difference. Most of the time the Remy XO was included as well. I think it just depends on who you get and your attitude.

Back to the Bloody Mary comment, sadly, I was not impressed with Princess Bloody Mary's. I heard their Bloody Caesar is good, but did not try it.

I tried the Bloody Mary two years ago and did not try on our last cruise. guess I'll give them another try this next cruise. I love them with breakfast/brunch!

Regarding the AIBP, I love it. It gives you the freedom of trying drinks out that you would otherwise not order and if you don't like it, you can dump it and try another. I didn't hate anything I tried, so I drank them all, but the option was there :) Plus I hate wasting.

• 5 weeks later...
Do cruises out of Australia carry Australian beers by any chance (just hoping for a special low-carb one like Pure Blonde to keep the cals low)? Or should I expect just the ones listed in the menu pic?

I'm sailing on the Golden Princess in November. My Cruise Personalizer shows in Beverage Packages (I think, had a bad night so a bit muddled), Dos Equis (sp?) and I think Heineken for purchase 5 for 4-don't remember the prices as not a beer drinker. From what I've seen on Cruise Critic, there's no special adjustment for Australian cruises re local alcohol-newbie cruiser so could easily be proved wrong. HTH.

We had the AIBP on our Alaskian cruise and we thought we would only have it for that cruise, but we have another cruise booked and we will be buying the AIBP again. It was so great being able to try drinks you normally wouldn't try.