Port of Tampa fog this morning....

manders175

So that begs this question.......how many of you bring exactly the right number of days worth of medications? Depending on how far I am away from home fits in to the equation for me. For example if I'm going on a 7 day cruise out of Fl (where I am driving home) I might pack 8 or 9 days worth of meds. But now if I am doing a 11 night Baltic cruise, I may pack 13-14 nights worth of meds........how about you guys?

We always pack at least 2 or 3 days extra. Sometimes 5 days. We live in an uncertain world.

I wonder how much "business" Filipa (the LA) is getting. Would tend to think the passengers would not really be in the mood to book right now. On the other hand, they might be bored and booking another cruise would be something to do.

I cant imagine the stress of both those on board and those on land. There must be so many on board that need to get home for families, pets or jobs, need additional medication, may not not recover air fees, etc.

And....Those who are just waiting to board. Do they check in and out of a hotel every day, who is paying the extra lodging/food expense, etc. Families with kids must be going crazy.

Even with insurance, the traveler has to pay expenses up front. I wonder what the eventual itinerary (if any) will be?

Some are fortunate to cruise many times a year and can call this a minor inconvenience, but I know others had to save for a long time just to take this one cruise vacation. They must be so disappointed.

M

Weather update from north of Tampa: The front is just about through up here (Citrus -Hernando Counties line). Lots of rain with thunder and lightening. The temperature is dropping and our visibility is back up.

The local radar shows the front edge as being in Pasco (from north to south the counties are Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Hillsbourgh (Tampa Area) and Manatee (about where the ship is).

Hopefully, the front will be passed the ship and the fog gone in a few hours.

Glad I can help. Didn't plan on it and promised to unplug while away. It wasn't until they turned on the WiFi for all this became possible.

We stopped moving again and I don't know why, but hopefully we are at the point we just need to hold for the pilot to arrive.

Fog is picking back up a bit here.

Current view from deck 5.

47ae270b8aff192c5d424fd859a8f45b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Tell the people from the Columbus area they should be glad they are still on the ship-we set a record -12 this morning, the coldest since 1914!! BRRRR.O H - - !! Linda:)

This has been a very generous cruise crowd. We all came here for charity and raised over $2mm for cancer research so the least we could do is take care of the great crew who took care of us all and has gone the extra mile with no notice.

As a frequent user of the James cancer hospital and someone with a cancer that has no cure, I have to say thank you so much for you and everyone else's generosity with this cruise fundraiser. It means so much to many of us.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1186 days since The team up north last beat Ohio State. I think you need a little more than Harbaugh to turn the tide so to speak.

Nope. Don't know many that would have bet on the Buckeyes this year and a third string quarterback ;)

No matter what I hope we get back to some great games!

As a frequent user of the James cancer hospital and someone with a cancer that has no cure, I have to say thank you so much for you and everyone else's generosity with this cruise fundraiser. It means so much to many of us.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for mentioning that since most of didn't know that it was a fundraiser cruise.

All the best to you and your family!

Does anyone know of the date and or ship name for this Buckeye cruise next year? I'd love to be a part of the back to back national championship cruise.

Oh come on you surely don't think that miracle will happen two years in a row . The SEC was nice enough to let Urban have a championship just for having been associated with the SEC, but our charity will not last that long Go Dawgs!

We are moving at 14.5 kts and we are in the channel now coming up to Edmonton Key. I have an employee of mine at the TPA (just a vendor to them) but he confirms the bridge is open for transit. We are moving to pick up the pilot.

You all do realize WHY the ship got stuck in fog don't you? Ohio used up it's luck in the game. They should have know better than to attempt a cruise:eek::D

Well when you put the hottest team in the nation out in cool air it was bound to happen. O-H

we are moving at 14.5 kts and we are in the channel now coming up to edmonton key. I have an employee of mine at the tpa (just a vendor to them) but he confirms the bridge is open for transit. We are moving to pick up the pilot.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

yay!!!!!!

You all do realize WHY the ship got stuck in fog don't you? Ohio used up it's luck in the game. They should have know better than to attempt a cruise:eek::D
enough said....

Well when you put the hottest team in the nation out in cool air it was bound to happen. O-H

Good one!

I just love college football rivalries :D

We are moving at 14.5 kts and we are in the channel now coming up to Edmonton Key. I have an employee of mine at the TPA (just a vendor to them) but he confirms the bridge is open for transit. We are moving to pick up the pilot.

Oh please, oh please, oh please......let it keep moving!!!!.......:p