Silhouette review

Chris

About us. Two couples in our 50's, no bev pkg, avid cruisers, been loyal to princess but we're ready for a change.

Embarkation. Fast- on board at 11:00

Balcony- Sunset veranda. Opened the balcony doors to make a big balcony with our friends

Food- had a great team- Nelson, Davuit,and Alex Food was good - some nights better than others. I would like to see more seafood on the menu. Service was prompt and professional.

Wine service was good and informative

MUrano the last night was amazing

Bistro on five not so much-steak in our crepe was raw

Ship- beautiful. Very cool vibe. It was like being at a Westin hotel. Always music in every room.

St Kitts- went to the carambola beach club

St Martin- went to Orient beach

Loved molecular drinks

Booked Reflection while on board

Like you, we're loyal Princess cruises and needed a change;). Sailed Royal Caribbean and did not enjoy it. Then tried Celebrity and sailed the Silhouette and loved the experience so much especially the Lawn Grill. Have sailed her twice and leave in 2 weeks on her again and have booked the Equinox for next year.

Princess and Celebrity our favorites:):)

Edited by Happy2cruise

We cruised on the Silhouette in the Mediterranean last year and enjoyed it so much we just had to do it again. We leave on Sunday for an Easter Caribbean cruise. Right now the temperature at home is -23 C. I need some sun and warmth. 5 days and counting. Woo hoo.

We are sailing on the Silhouette soon too, Mar 22 sailing.

A couple of questions - did you find it very windy to eat outside at the Lawn Club Grill, or do they block the wind somehow?

Also, were there any nights where they offered a discount at the Specialty Restaurants? I seem to recall a discount if you went on the first night out, but I can't remember if that was Celebrity or another line?

Thanks!:)

St Kitts- went to the carambola beach club

Loved molecular drinks

Booked Reflection while on board

Hi,

We are joining the silhouette on Sunday... We are also booked @ the carambola beach club... What did you think of it?

We love the molecular bar and can't wait to try the drinks again!! [emoji39]

We did not eat at lawn club it was all booked. We did enjoy Murano

Excellent wine list

It was very windy first two days. We also had rain. But cannot control the weather. 😄

Very few tuxes. Our guys always wear tuxes, but we saw less than 25 on this cruise. Hubby felt out of place.

Sorry to say carambola was a bust for us, very crowded. Restrooms started off fine but by 1:00 not useable. We felt they could not handle the crowd. They ran out of corona, no waitress service. We will no go back. I always feel badly because I do a lot of research, but this was below expectations.

Keep the questions coming.