Anyone ever bring their own cup/mug on board??

ajee622

We are going over st pattys day. Thought I'd bring my own novelties.

Our plan is to hit a Starbucks and get the $1.00 plastic cups. My husband wants more that a shot glass of coffee :) I also found small bottles of creamer on the shelf at Dollar Tree so we will be packing those too

Edited by luvslexi

I'm bringing a Brita bottle with built-in filter. Hoping to avoid the need for bottled water

Has anyone used one of these on board?

Yes. I use it every morning when I do my 'sunrise' walk. Go to Lido, get some ice and fill it with water and walk for 45 minutes, taking breaks to take pics of the sunrise. :D

How do you clean the glasses you bring on? Do you use regular soap or is there travel size dish detergent?

Exactly why, those signs, that many ignore are on the dispensers. NONE of the personal cups are ever sanitized, no matter what people think. Most finish a drink and think nothing of directly refilling it. I've seen people, directly insert water bottles on the spigots, others, who take cups that are too large, and fill them, contaminating the spigot with the liquid coating it. Many people just don't have any clue what they are doing. Or how transmission with spit swapping is happening.

Add to the mix, those people who eat in the buffet line, yep, usually pick up something in the dominate hand, since they are carrying a plate, lick, lick, then that hand is on the next serving utensil.

Don't get me going. :)

I took my Camelbak water bottle last time and plan on it again. It is nice to not have to worry about it spilling. I also just found bounty paper towels with dawn dish soap in them and will be bringing a few to wash my bottle out with!

We bring the Dixie (or other brand) of disposable coffee cups with covers. Can fill it up and carry it around without spilling, or multiple trips, then can throw away when done. I also bring a tervis style cup with cover for soft drinks. Again, so I don't spill. i have been know to do that from time to time :rolleyes:

I use the soap/shampoo provided in the cabin to clean my tervis cup. Soap is soap. No it is not getting the sanitization cycle from the dishwasher but it is better than nothing. And i use the coffee mug or plastic cup to fill my tervis cup at the drink station so as to avoid any contamination.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

23 years in USN my hand is somewhat disfigured so that it holds a 2cup coffee mug perfectly. The coffee on most cruise lines is SO BAD that I put a cup of hot chocolate in mug ,then fill it to the top with the (battery acid) coffee.

DW labels the mug with my name and cabin number using one of those little stick-on label makers on each cruise. Several times I've misplaced the mug and it is either returned to my cabin or given to me the next am by the LIDO supervisor. We do cruise a lot and are friends with most of the crew in the LIDO area. LIFE IS GREAT

SEA YA.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

23 years in USN my hand is somewhat disfigured so that it holds a 2cup coffee mug perfectly. The coffee on most cruise lines is SO BAD that I put a cup of hot chocolate in mug ,then fill it to the top with the (battery acid) coffee.

DW labels the mug with my name and cabin number using one of those little stick-on label makers on each cruise. Several times I've misplaced the mug and it is either returned to my cabin or given to me the next am by the LIDO supervisor. We do cruise a lot and are friends with most of the crew in the LIDO area. LIFE IS GREAT]

SEA YA.

LOL..reading your cruise list is great...wow...you earned it..thanks for your service...and attitude....love the labeled mug idea..just fun...Sarah:)

I got my mom, sister, and I big 32 oz bubba insultated cups for our cruise in March and then used plastic transfers to put out names on them ..just a cute little surprise:D Also..I always keep a room service carafe in my room so I can fill it up and have it next to my chair on sea days...less getting up and down ..

We are going over st pattys day. Thought I'd bring my own novelties.

We bring our own cups so we can make our own drinks. We get bottomless bubbles and the bar fills it with juice or soda then we add a splash of rum or whatever. Also it lets you have the tasty Mango juice blend after breakfast by filling up at breakfast then taking it to go.

I always bring my Tervis cup. :D

Me too, I think I saw a sign last cruise that said please don't refill cups on lido, so I was careful to use a clean cup to fill my Tervis.

But I am IN LOVE with that passion fruit juice in the morning. So I fill my Tervis with that. Those lido cups are so tiny...

I bring my own big insulated mug and fill it with iced tea with lots of ice. I wash it with soap in my cabin and fill it from the smaller cups the ship provides. I don't refill directly from the machine, I don't let the cups touch each other while filling, and I put the ship's cup on the dirty dish tray.