Regent to "Reintroduce" World Cruise

larry1365

Saw on the web that during Norwegian's investor conf call it was announced that Regent would introduce a world cruise in 2017. (Should have been, "re-introduce.") No further details announced. Wonder what ship RSSC will use? Itinerary, length, dates, cost? Guess we need to stay tuned, though at current Regent price levels, I don't think we'll be candidates for another one.

I've just begun reading your journal describing your Regent World cruise experience, and it's a fascinating read! I wanted to tell you what an amazing job you did on it.

We're considering (or, maybe fantasizing about) taking a world cruise so I'm really enjoying your site.

I knew that this was on the horizon and am very happy for the world cruisers. We initially heard that the Navigator would be the ship to do the world cruise...... neither the Navigator or the Explorer have indicated where they will be on January 1, 2017.

Interesting history but all of the WC I recall were on the Voyager [obviously subsequently]. I still think that the size of P7 and the lack of Signatures or

equivalent would be limiting. Also no dancing space [unless I have forgotten it].

OctoberKat - I hope your "Sparky" has many bright, beautiful, and adventurous days ahead of him/her.

We have a few "Sparkies" of our own and find that we really miss them when we're on a cruise (or some other vacation venue). We try to limit our "away time" to 2 weeks or less. Best Regards.

Yet Navigator is Regent's smallest ship so maybe that is a salient factor in the decision. Agree it is not a great ship for a long voyage.

Any 'round-the-world cruise we undertake is officially postponed until Sparky the Cat dies.

OctoberKat - I hope your "Sparky" has many bright, beautiful, and adventurous days ahead of him/her.

We have a few "Sparkies" of our own and find that we really miss them when we're on a cruise (or some other vacation venue). We try to limit our "away time" to 2 weeks or less. Best Regards.

Navigator has great standard cabins. Just not terrific public spaces for all those sea days, especially if the weather isn't great. Although I do love Galileo's.

I also have a "sparky" and he couldn't care less where we go, as long as someone feeds him while we're gone! A dog would be different, but not my cat!

Interesting history but all of the WC I recall were on the Voyager [obviously subsequently]. I still think that the size of P7 and the lack of Signatures or

equivalent would be limiting. Also no dancing space [unless I have forgotten it].

2003 World Cruise was on Mariner; we sailed her in Caribbean over Christmas/New Years before that cruise.

2004 World Cruise was first one on Voyager; we sailed the pre-segment through the Panama Canal with a large contingent of World Cruisers. Regent had a number of limos in San Diego to take them off for the pre-World Cruise night in LA.

I've just begun reading your journal describing your Regent World cruise experience, and it's a fascinating read! I wanted to tell you what an amazing job you did on it.

We're considering (or, maybe fantasizing about) taking a world cruise so I'm really enjoying your site.

Thanks. It was a great experience. The shipboard life was engaging...something we had not thought of before our first WC in 2007.

Rebecca and I had the pleasure of doing the 2010 World Cruise, our first but hopefully not last one. We met so many super interesting people during that 119 day cruise including Larry and Karen (Larry1365). Ever since I have put on every post cruise critique that we want them to do world cruises again (starting and ending in the US). I was hoping with NCL taking over that they might. Frank Del Rio was NOT a fan of world cruises when with Regent and now here he is head of NCL. I'll have to wait to see WC on skd before I believe it. Voyager was a great WC ship.

We were on the 2005 and 2007 WC (and segments of other year's WCs). They truly were the BEST experiences ever. The 2005 WC was actually the least expensive per diem cruise we've ever taken, and talk about rolling out the red carpet with such special perks! WOW. Such great times and special memories being so fortunate to have Capt. Dag at the helm.

There are very loyal cruisers "If it's Winter, we're on the World Cruise".

I sure hope Regent does a WC in 2017. Unlikely we'll be on it ...but never say never.

I'm with you Marcie...never say never. Our WCs in 2007 and 2010 were great experiences. And the daily per diem, with the perks, was much, much lower than current Regent 30+ day cruises. The increases, IMO, have been dramatic.