Oceania's new math

nobog

First off I have to give Oceania credit for trying - we get a full color brochure at least once a week - and have never sailed with them. We do consider them but it just has not come to pass. Anyway, "todays" Enchanting Europe, 2015 Voyages, page 9: (Oceania's comparison price):

Cost per person: $7,599 minus $200 OBC = $7,199.

Please keep in mind I like the everything included pricing but this just doesn't "add up".

No big deal really - the proof readers just need to have another cup 'o joe.

JK

Are they really deducting an OBC ???

Usually they add an OBC as an incentive to spend on the ship

Not deducting it off of the cruise fare. Just using it in a calculation of cost of their cruise vs others so on O's aide of the equation they deduct the OBC. On the others aide it adds in... cost of shuttles, $25 per day for pop/water(!), the cost of airfare that is included on O, (though they should be adding $175 pp for the deviation fee because unless you pay that to O they will(usually) fly in on embarkation day ), etc.

I think the comparison chart sheds a poor light on the marketing.

Not deducting it off of the cruise fare. Just using it in a calculation of cost of their cruise vs others so on O's aide of the equation they deduct the OBC. On the others aide it adds in... cost of shuttles, $25 per day for pop/water(!), the cost of airfare that is included on O, (though they should be adding $175 pp for the deviation fee because unless you pay that to O they will(usually) fly in on embarkation day ), etc.

I think the comparison chart sheds a poor light on the marketing.

Ok I did not get the brochure

I agree on those comparison charts ..they are deceptive & it may hurt Oceania more than help

JMO