Navigator questions - almost cruise day!!

levonfan

Could you tell me how you took your water and soda on board? Did you put in your luggage or just drop it at pier or?

Easiest way to get on and avoid a trip to the naughty room is put in your checked bag, however, I have checked it in the pass and it always made it's way to my cabin. Spring break cruisers may have delayed delivery... however I would try, you are only risking a $4/case.

Honestly, however (I'm a huge water drinker), with the nice thermal cups these days, ice always available on deck and water. I fill up and ask the bartender for a squeeze of lime/lemon and I'm really happy to have with me at all times. Happy cruising

Easiest way to get on and avoid a trip to the naughty room is put in your checked bag, however, I have checked it in the pass and it always made it's way to my cabin. Spring break cruisers may have delayed delivery... however I would try, you are only risking a $4/case.

Honestly, however (I'm a huge water drinker), with the nice thermal cups these days, ice always available on deck and water. I fill up and ask the bartender for a squeeze of lime/lemon and I'm really happy to have with me at all times. Happy cruising

I wanted to second this comment about the water. I did not have a thermal cup with me and wish I didn(sometimes used the kids soda package cups), but many other times I was seen walking around with 2 waters from the refill station! The citrus water was perfect for me!!!

We did bring a 6 pack of sport bottles on board in our carry on to avoid them being sent to the naughty room. The reason for them was to have 2 bottles for each excursion day - one for each kid. I figured it would be easier for adult stomachs to handle strange water than the kids should we end up in any unexpected situations.

We did the Navigator in August 2014 and LOVED it.

1- You might get a text from RCI about small area in terminal (True) and it will give you a time to arrive. IGNORE THAT. We live in The Woodlands and got to the pier around 10:30. We were checked in, through the line and on the boat by 11:15am. We spoke to others who obeyed the text and said ti was a MADHOUSE. It took so long to get everyone on board that we were late departing.

2- DO NOT MISS THE ICE SHOW. It was the best show we went to on the boat. ALSO, go and try the ice skating yourself and DO IT EARLY. We LOVED it and waited til the last sea day to avoid any injuries but wished we would have tried it earlier. It was AWESOME.

3- Do the FlowRider 1st thing when it opens on Embarkation Day, even before you leave Galveston. The lines get CRAZY LONG and almost not worth standing in line for at some points so we went early. Also, females might want to secure "the sisters" if you know what I mean. That water is POWERFUL!

4- The solarium gets busiest around lunch and afternoon time so try to scope out a chair earlier before lunch.

5- The MDR service was EXCELLENT and the food was good as well. We also ate at Chops and really enjoyed it as well!

6- Self Disembark was a BREEZE. We were off the ship, loaded in the car and back on I-45 by 8:15am.

7- We parked at Galveston Cruise N Park and LOVED it! Perfect location and the shuttle was PERFECT!

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Do they provide hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, soap, bathrobe in cabin?

No bathrobe unless you are in a JS or better; or you are Platinum level Crown & Anchor or higher.

You will have a hair dryer, two bars of soap, and a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the info everyone....I booked the EZ cruise in Galveston and did the discount where you walk to the pier. When you return from the cruise can you take the shuttle back to the car or do you have to walk that also?

We plan on getting there between 10:30 and 11 no matter what messages we get.

And I just found my wife's insulated cup from the last time we went on the cruise so I'll be bringing that along....she got the basic drink package this trip.

Edited by levonfan

Do they provide hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, soap, bathrobe in cabin?

The combo shampoo in the shower is NOT a very good conditioner. Even DH had a hard time with it.

Bathrobes as stated in pp .... I brought a very light weight fleece cover up with me and it worked great.

It's a toss up for me on my favorite dollar store items - but the 1$ hand pump of foam soap for the bathroom is tied with the magnetic chip clips to hold papers on the wall for first place!!

The combo shampoo in the shower is NOT a very good conditioner. Even DH had a hard time with it.

Bathrobes as stated in pp .... I brought a very light weight fleece cover up with me and it worked great.

It's a toss up for me on my favorite dollar store items - but the 1$ hand pump of foam soap for the bathroom is tied with the magnetic chip clips to hold papers on the wall for first place!!

we just started brining 1$ hand pump of foam soap , to resort or cruise, even with a GS

Thank you. We have already purchased the Mystery Dinner on the first night in the Italian restaurant, and the Lafite Wine tasting. I will be on the lookout for the sushi class.

@Robtx100, I noticed you already booked your speciality reservations for June 2015. We are sailing in May 2015 on the Navigator and the reservations don't seem to be open. When I click on the RC link it states....there seems to be a problem, you are either booking too early or too late.

How did you get your reservations for June?

Thank you for your help!

you

It is getting so close and we are ready to roll!

- Are there any secret areas of the ship you enjoyed? I know about the helipad on deck 4 (I think)

- Any other tips?

We are on the 8th deck in room 8334, looks like a good location.

Another cool place is the Peek-a-Boo Bridge located on Deck 11. You can peer into the bridge and see the ship's bridge operations/control center and crew. There's a small sign at the forward exit doors on Deck 11 that will direct you to it. I remember it being extremely windy on sea days so try to first go while the ship is in port.

In my opinion your cabin is in a great location. I always try to get a cabin on a deck that's half-way between the other activity decks. I'm on the 4/26 sailing right down from you in 8622.

Happy Sailing!

you

Another cool place is the Peek-a-Boo Bridge located on Deck 11. You can peer into the bridge and see the ship's bridge operations/control center and crew. There's a small sign at the forward exit doors on Deck 11 that will direct you to it. I remember it being extremely windy on sea days so try to first go while the ship is in port.

In my opinion your cabin is in a great location. I always try to get a cabin on a deck that's half-way between the other activity decks. I'm on the 4/26 sailing right down from you in 8622.

Happy Sailing!

Yes! The larger ships don't have this viewing location - it's pretty neat! But don't expect much if you go at night (windy and dark) and it will be closed if seas are rough...I think it would be really neat to be there watching the boat dock somewhere. Captain Aris said that he always handles all of the docking of the Navigator.

I can't say just How many times I would swing by the promenade for a glass of water and a cookie!! (Well, never really only 1 cookie either! My favorite were the coconut ones!)

My favorite are the chocolate chip cookies or the triple chocolate cookies.....and for a little change the cheesecake lollipops.....wow!

@Robtx100, I noticed you already booked your speciality reservations for June 2015. We are sailing in May 2015 on the Navigator and the reservations don't seem to be open. When I click on the RC link it states....there seems to be a problem, you are either booking too early or too late.

Thank you for your help!

The Mystery Dinner is booked as an Onboard Activity and held in the Italian Restaurant.

Thank you for your help!

Same here, we sail in April 2015 and are getting the same message when trying to book specialty restaurants, I thought I would give it another week and call.

Thank you for your help!

I have been in touch with reservations twice about specialty dining for May 10th sailing... still not open, told me they were shooting for 60 days out now... I've never had to wait so long to book dining

I've talked to them and the reps can't access dining reservations either. One told me they're doing some kind of update to the boat's system. She assured me by saying that as long as it's down nobody is making dining reservations. I'll keep trying daily until it's up, I sail April 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've talked to them and the reps can't access dining reservations either. One told me they're doing some kind of update to the boat's system. She assured me by saying that as long as it's down nobody is making dining reservations. I'll keep trying daily until it's up, I sail April 12.

Thanks for the info, I will also keep trying

No bathrobe unless you are in a JS or better; or you are Platinum level Crown & Anchor or higher.

You will have a hair dryer, two bars of soap, and a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower.

Not true about the bathrobes. People on here have said that for years. We got bathrobes on our first cruise back in early 2000"s without asking and we were in a D1 balcony. If you don't have a bathrobe, just ask your stateroom attendant. He/She will be glad to bring one for each guest. No big deal.

Enjoy your cruise.

Not true about the bathrobes. People on here have said that for years. We got bathrobes on our first cruise back in early 2000"s without asking and we were in a D1 balcony. If you don't have a bathrobe, just ask your stateroom attendant. He/She will be glad to bring one for each guest. No big deal.

Enjoy your cruise.

What Bob stated is the general standard for robes. There are some sailings that don't have a lot of Platinum and above cruisers onboard and there are plenty of robes available. There are other sailings that have so many that they have trouble finding enough for D+ members. If there is not a robe in your stateroom, ask your stateroom attendant. They will be glad to bring you one,if they are available. Just don't count on it if you are not in a JS or platinum or above. [emoji572]️

That's interesting - when I was planning our trip one thing I found was that NAV did not offer pre-purchase of the photo package - they were expecting to be upgraded to support better integration with mycruisephotos.com in the spring sometime. Maybe these events are related?

FYI - when we were there - the photo cd rate that exist on other ships did not exist on NAV. They offer packages for 1, 5, 20, and 30 photos (print or digital) ranging from 20$-300$ (add 5$ if you want digital).

We ended up purchasing 2 - 5 packs for 10 total. I expected this to be 165$, but in the end it was 85$. I have to assume this is an error? I even stopped by the desk a second time because I was concerned we would only have 5 credits since we were only billed for 5, but they checked - we did have 10!

We will be bringing our wine on board and will put in carry on. Wanted to bring some water and some cokes, but seeing as how it is spring break week we figured it would get confiscated and we'd never see it, so I think we are going to hold off on that.

I did Flo rider the last time we went and would like to try again...but I'm 5 years older and have more creeks and pains now, I guess that just means more drinks!

When I was on the Navigator a few weeks ago, I walked by a stateroom on embarkation day and there was a case of water and 2 12 packs of soda outside their stateroom with luggage tags attached!

I tried that a few years ago with a case of water and it appeared the day before debarkation day. I would carry it on myself just to be sure I get it.

You are sailing this Sunday, March 8, and Daylight Saving Time starts then.

Don't forget to set your clocks and watches forward one hour.

We usually arrive around 11:30am to the terminal, and board by 12:30pm. But, we are Diamond so check-in is usually faster.

We use EZ Cruise for parking -- save $5 if you sign up now on their web site.

http://ezcruiseparking.com/

Don't forget to do the RCI online registration now if you have not already done so. You'll need a printer.

Cafe Promenade on deck 5 is open almost all of the time and has the best free coffee on the ship IMO.

(Really, the best is the cappuccino machine in the Diamond lounge, but of course this is for diamond menbers only.)

Don't miss the free ice show. Tickets are sometimes required to get a good seat, but they are free.

Public ice skating is also free, including helmets and skates.

It is fun to sit and watch others trying the flowrider. Or try it yourself if you dare.

My favorite spot is the Viking Crown -- the semi-circle glass area on deck 14. Use the back left (port) elevators.

(Note that the back elevators are really more in the middle of the ship.)

The helipad is really deck 5. From deck 4 outside, you can walk up some forward stairs.

Or you can go out a side door on the right (starboard) side of the deck 5 forward lounge.

When the ship is moving it is very windy there.

Edited by Jimnbigd

I have been in touch with reservations twice about specialty dining for May 10th sailing... still not open, told me they were shooting for 60 days out now... I've never had to wait so long to book dining

We're sailing on the same date! I'm waiting to for booking to open too.

How far out can you send a request for table location in MDR.