1st time NCL cruisers?

travelgoddes

We have sailed on Carnival,Royal Caribbean and Princess many times, this is our firat with NCL, we are sailing on the Getaway soon, just have a few questions....

-Is there complementary ice cream or other sweets like the other lines, I'm having trouble

getting a straight answer on this one? Somewhere besides the dining room.

-Is trivia offered...I'm a bit of a trivia buff

-I'm having trouble getting reservation to Illusionarium, is it possible to get once on board?

Thanks so much

Not been on the Getaway yet, so I'm sure someone can be more specific, but...

We have sailed on Carnival,Royal Caribbean and Princess many times, this is our firat with NCL, we are sailing on the Getaway soon, just have a few questions....

-Is there complementary ice cream or other sweets like the other lines, I'm having trouble

getting a straight answer on this one? Somewhere besides the dining room.

Yes. Usually in or near the buffet or pool. There's often Ben & Jerry's available for a fee.

-Is trivia offered...I'm a bit of a trivia buff

Yes, at least a couple times a day. You get a card which is signed at each session (winners get more points!) and you can exchange for tote bags, T-shirts, koozies, etc. at the end of the cruise (now don't get too excited!).

-I'm having trouble getting reservation to Illusionarium, is it possible to get once on board?

If you have the UDP, it's free on the first night or if not, may come with a bottle of wine or even 50% off. It's a relatively quiet night, so no need to book until on board.

Thanks so much

• 3 weeks later...
Is the ice cream available to take away in cones from the buffet? What tines would it be available?

Yes. We get the ice cream in cones. They have it available starting around lunch time in the buffet, 11AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are first timers as well for NCL and its May 2 on the Getaway. I booked the Illusionarium on line about 4-6 weeks ago.

We're on the same sailing as you Jacketwatch and have been trying to book the Illusionarium for the last few weeks. I called again and they told me that there was a problem with trying to prebook but those with the UDP were guaranteed a place and just to organise it when you get onboard. :confused:

I've been on the Getaway twice. You will love this ship. The entertainment is tops, and the speciality restaurants are awesome. I can't really comment on MDR since I think UDP is a bargain at $119 pp. --make sure you dine on the waterfront. I really like Illusarium, too.

Edited by mrobstad

We're on the same sailing as you Jacketwatch and have been trying to book the Illusionarium for the last few weeks. I called again and they told me that there was a problem with trying to prebook but those with the UDP were guaranteed a place and just to organise it when you get onboard. :confused:

That's a head scratcher. We don't have the UDP, took the OBC instead. Did you try on line and/or by phone? I don't understand. :eek: