wheelchair parking in public places

Hello, may I know if there are designated parking areas for wheelchairs in public places on board the ship? What if a passenger needs the device only for long walks (e.g. from the theater to the MDR? Thank you for your replies and comments.

We had someone on our MDR table that needed the scooter to get there, but did not want to sit in it for dinner. The waiter took it to the back of the MDR and brought it back for him each night.

Hello, may I know if there are designated parking areas for wheelchairs in public places on board the ship? What if a passenger needs the device only for long walks (e.g. from the theater to the MDR? Thank you for your replies and comments.

there are none. you just find a spot that is tucked away. I will say some places are too small for them, esp ECVs( the D and C lounges for instance during cocktail hour)

MDR is very crowded and it can be difficult to maneuver either between the tables so you would need to request a table near the edge/fringe to avoid issues

there are none. you just find a spot that is tucked away. I will say some places are too small for them, esp ECVs( the D and C lounges for instance during cocktail hour)

MDR is very crowded and it can be difficult to maneuver either between the tables so you would need to request a table near the edge/fringe to avoid issues

My wife needs a wheelchair for longer distances only. We were on Allure in Oct. 2014 and Navigator in Oct. 2015. When going to the buffet, MDR or Boardwalk (aft) I would push her to the general area and find a place to park the wheelchair. Never had a problem parking it just outside the Windjammer or the MDR. Same on the Boardwalk on Allure. No designated spot but plenty of places to park the chair for an hour or so. You might want to put your room number on the chair just in case.

If you will let Special Needs know someone in your party is using a wheelchair, the MDR seating will be taken care of. Has not been a problem for me yet.

There is most certainly a designated area for wheelchairs in the theatre. I find its usually right beside the "Gold card" reseved seating. Excellent place to be.

Edited by ryano