Your fav item from buffet?

michelle028

Do they announce a theme night for the HC or do you just happen upon it? I have been on lots of cruises and never noticed this!

Best thing I love in the HC...the bread & breadsticks...mmmmm...and the fruit tarts

As stated previously, the themes are listed in the Patter. I was able to get copies of the Patters for a November Regal cruise and these were the themes listed:

Sunday: Bon Voyage and Tex Mex Theme.

Monday Bavarian Theme.

Tuesday No theme listed.

Wednesday Italian Theme

Thursday Brazilian Theme

Friday None listed.

Saturday All American Theme

To be honest, I rather doubt we'll eat a single meal in the MDR on our March cruise on Regal. Somehow, we never got around to the MDR on our last cruise either. Just too much hassle and folderol.

My wife is fond of the bagels, creme cheese and salmon that was available for breakfast on the buffet on our last cruise on Caribbean Princess. Not really on the buffet but also available in the Horizon Court/Bistro, we've really enjoyed the Crab Shack and are looking forward to the Fondue.

We're also looking forward to the pastries and breads.

We've started a bit of a tradition of gathering some cheese, cold meats, breads and fruit and taking them back to our room for a picnic on the balcony on our last night. We reserve one of our carry on bottles of wine too.

Anyone know anything about the Brazilian Theme?

Edited by RocketMan275

There is a mushroom soup that I always try when I see it at the buffet (Horizon Court) I believe that it is made with three different mushrooms and is totally to die for.

I also try almost every offering of fish regardless how it is cooked. Never disappointed.

Anyone know anything about the Brazilian Theme?

The Brazilian theme is really wonderful. It features all meats that have been cooked on a rotisserie and marinated deliciously. There are also other delicacies, including these cheese balls and other stuffed items that are so good. I wish I had taken photos of that buffet.

The Brazilian theme is really wonderful. It features all meats that have been cooked on a rotisserie and marinated deliciously. There are also other delicacies, including these cheese balls and other stuffed items that are so good. I wish I had taken photos of that buffet.

Thanks my cruise critic friend. Just another reason not to go to the MDR.

Green lip mussels

Dark chocolate/chocolate chip cookies. :D

Yes!!! the green mussels...love them too.

I also really like the assorted cheeses, olives, cured meats, etc in the late afternoon/early evening to make up an antipasto. Great with cocktails on the balcony before dinner...somewhere between afternoon tea and the Elite lounge cocktails and snacks. OMG...I'm on the Regal one month from now and NEED to lose 8-10 pounds asap.

Spaetzle must be an acquired taste. I tried it last trip & it was just like eating nothing. Maybe I didn't add sauce on it. It definitely needed something.

Next time I'll use ketchup or B-B-Que sauce.

Ketchup on spaetzle? No way.....

I also really like the assorted cheeses, olives, cured meats, etc in the late afternoon/early evening to make up an antipasto. Great with cocktails on the balcony before dinner...somewhere between afternoon tea and the Elite lounge cocktails and snacks. OMG...I'm on the Regal one month from now and NEED to lose 8-10 pounds asap.

We're on Regal next week. Wife and I just had a heart-to-heart talk. We decided to just go buy some bigger pants tomorrow.

Yes to all of the above. I also love the salad bar at the HC.....I have made many a salad meal that is worthy of booking the next cruise right there.:eek:

We also really like the warm breakfast sandwiches they make at IC....for us on a port day our morning starts with us (Me actually) going down and getting 2 lattes, 3 sandwiches ( 2 for Mr.QT, 1 for moi), and a yogurt parfait for me. I use the tray on our room to bring this feast back and we dine on the balcony waiting for our port day to begin.

I really like the chicken salad at IC too.

We're on Regal next week. Wife and I just had a heart-to-heart talk. We decided to just go buy some bigger pants tomorrow.

HAHAHA. I'm going for stretch pants.

Enjoy your cruise!