Your fav item from buffet?

michelle028

cronuts in the IC - only 45 more days till I can get one.

In HC- scallops on embark day - very tasty.

The croissants at breakfast with some raspberry or strawberry jam and bacon.

THe different luncheon meats and cheeses and olives.

My DH loves the made to order omletts.

Better do more fast walking over the next 44 days.

Italian night, rice pudding, and the chips and guacamole which is usually part of the mid afternoon snack from 3-5pm.

What is this mid afternoon snack that I've heard mentioned lately?! Have I been missing something? :eek:

I enjoy all the comfort foods. Everyday there is a hot pudding or crumble: rice pudding, bread pudding, apple crumble, etc. Also love the mashed potatoes. Blintzes on Embarkation Day and all the cookies. The chips are average but the guacamole is very good and the scones are excellent. All the things I don't have at home for obvious reasons. :D;)

What is this mid afternoon snack that I've heard mentioned lately?! Have I been missing something? :eek:

Check the patter for the exact time but it's usually offered after lunch and before dinner. I think it's from 3-5pm but could be mistaken. They usually offer light things like chips and guacamole and a few desserts. I've also seen baked potatoes and with sour cream, chives, etc.

Check the patter for the exact time but it's usually offered after lunch and before dinner. I think it's from 3-5pm but could be mistaken. They usually offer light things like chips and guacamole and a few desserts. I've also seen baked potatoes and with sour cream, chives, etc.

Thanks! I will definitely be on the look-out for it.

Half the fun of cruising is trying out new foods! So thank you everyone...I have a new question.....

What is your fav food to have on Embarkation day? Could be from the HC or anywhere else! Let me know!

Edited by michelle028

Half the fun of cruising is trying out new foods! So thank you everyone...I have a new question.....

What is your fav food to have on Embarkation day? Could be from the HC or anywhere else! Let me know!

On a ship with Alfredo's I'd vote for lunch there on embarkation day. We don't manage to make it to lunch in MDR on embarkation day and HC is a total zoo.

Unlike the pizza at Prego (at least on Star) the pizza in Alfredo's is great. On Star we've given up on pizza since there is no Alfredo's on that ship and we have been horribly disappointed in the pizza at Prego on that ship every time we've tried it.