In room refrigerator on navigator

they are coolers, not mini fridges and yes they are stocked. usually full( cans of soda, the overpriced and stale boxes of snacks, bottles of water)

you'll be charged for anything you take out. if you need the room, you can either ask them to remove the items, or just pull them out yourself but leave the contents visible so that A you are not restocked and B you are not charged.

they are coolers, not mini fridges and yes they are stocked. usually full( cans of soda, the overpriced and stale boxes of snacks, bottles of water)

you'll be charged for anything you take out. if you need the room, you can either ask them to remove the items, or just pull them out yourself but leave the contents visible so that A you are not restocked and B you are not charged.

Thank you for your help.

Is there a refrigerator in each cabin on Navigator of the Seas? If so, is it stocked prior to boarding the ship?

Thank you-

I just take everything out of the cooler and put it in a cabinet. Then I tape a note to the front of the cooler explaining what I have done and where to find it. Have never had a problem.

Edited by cruisenfever

I just take everything out of the cooler and put it in a cabinet. Then I tape a note to the front of the cooler explaining what I have done and where to find it. Have never had a problem.

Hi Patty - We usually do this also and did it on a recent cruise BUT.....the bar attendant ( who services the coolers) left a note (on my note :)) that they were not allowed to open any cabinets. Room Steward advised us to have the bar attendant remove the items. We put everything back and just didn't bother with the cooler. If I need the cooler or had a longer cruise, I might have followed up with the bar attendant.

I was glad to have a note from the staff rather than a bill for the cooler contents!

Marci

Hi Patty - We usually do this also and did it on a recent cruise BUT.....the bar attendant ( who services the coolers) left a note (on my note :)) that they were not allowed to open any cabinets. Room Steward advised us to have the bar attendant remove the items. We put everything back and just didn't bother with the cooler. If I need the cooler or had a longer cruise, I might have followed up with the bar attendant.

I was glad to have a note from the staff rather than a bill for the cooler contents!

Marci

Thanks Marci, good to know for future reference. Guess I'll just put it somewhere in plain view now.

The first thing we do on every cruise is ask them to remove everything from the room refrigerator for 3 reasons:

1. We have been charged in the past for items and then have to waste time at guest relations having it corrected. It is also aggravating as they always blame us... "maybe someone took something and you were not aware" or "you should not move things around in the refrigerator". We had never even opened the refrigerator on these occasions, but thanks for blaming us and not taking responsibility for your bar steward counting wrong.

2. Keeps one extra "stranger" out of our room. The bar steward won't have to come to our room and check it for charges during the week.

3. We have the full refrigerator space for our use if needed.

So now it is just part of our routine to have the items removed at the start of the cruise.

if you buy the deluxe drink package can you drink any of the stuff in the cooler as part of your package. I read the package and it said everything drink anywhere on the ship was included.

The mini-bar (cooler) drinks and room service drinks are not included in any package.

if you buy the deluxe drink package can you drink any of the stuff in the cooler as part of your package. I read the package and it said everything drink anywhere on the ship was included.

no. the packages only cover public venues. not your cabin