ncl gave us the shaft

bigpete

march 9 going on the gem we booked months ago, fully paid took out insurance, found out this week ncl is giving free booze packages or 300 dollar room credit to any one who books now or on up coming cruises, not happy already talked to travel agent she called ncl they said to late because we are paid up this is my 15th cruise not happy

march 9 going on the gem we booked months ago, fully paid took out insurance, found out this week ncl is giving free booze packages or 300 dollar room credit to any one who books now or on up coming cruises, not happy already talked to travel agent she called ncl they said to late because we are paid up this is my 15th cruise not happy

So go find a cruise line that will let you both lock in months in advance as well as cherry-pick deals 9 days prior to sailing.

Good luck with that.

If this is your 15th cruise then you would think that you would be aware that cruise lines change promotions all the time.

Now at least you know that you can in the future not book your cruise in advance and wait till the last minute and hope to get a deal like they are offering now. You may get it, you may not.

I guess every time you fly and the airline changes the price of the flight, you call them and get a reduction in price paid. I think not. Again, the nature of the business.

Try to be happy that you are cruising

Sorry Bigpete - the current promotion has been going on since mid Dec - TAs have known about it since early Dec. You could have easily cancelled and re-booked at that time. IF and only IF the total package was a better deal than what you had.

Once you reach the point of final payment there are no changes allowed without penalty - unless there is a significant amount of change. I have heard of people getting some OBC or FCC - at best a upgrade.

I know I responded to the thread and added my 2 cents, but sometimes maybe someone just has to VENT and now they feel better and will enjoy their cruise.

That's what therapists are for.

And I don't think its that simple anyway. This is another one of those cases where honoring the contract somehow equals bad customer service.

You are NOT eligible for this promotion. It is for new bookings or booking prior to final payment and the ability to change. Sorry, you missed out. I'm sure in the past, you also did not get the bottom rate for each cruise. When you booked the cruise, what you booked was accepted by you.

Hopefully you can go ahead with your cruise and have a good time.

NCL has had a great promotion and the prices crashed on our cruise two days after the final payment. We could have had a cheaper deal AND received the UDP but then again, if we waited a week after final payment all the rooms would have been GONE except for the really expensive cabins.

We all need to find an inside scoop into the mind of the cruise industry. I am happy with my upgrade although 19 nights of specialty dining on top would have been sweet. My thoughts are that I would have 10 pounds to lose if I had 19 nights of eating like that...

Being that this is your 15th cruise, you should know how the cruise lines work. (1) Most promotions are for new bookings and (2) you have keep watching the cruise line's website to see if either the price goes down or there is a promotion and (3) you can usually only get a reduction in price or new perk, prior to final payment, because of re-booking.

If I were you, I would call your TA and raise the roof with him or her, for not keeping you updated on any possibly price reductions and/or promotions and maybe they will purchase the UBP for you or give you some OBC, since they were at fault.

Edited by NLH Arizona

We got upgraded from an inside to an o/v, but I called NCL on the same day as the new promotion started. The onus is on you to keep watching for price cuts or new promotions. To be honest, I was delighted with the upgrade and thought we were right out of luck, so very pleased with the outcome.

Your travel agent did not earn their keep watching out for you.

With the longevity of this promo, they should have let you know before you did final pay.

It is all on the travel agent. They work for YOU!!!!

This promo has been on since mid December, so opportunity for your agent to get in touch has been there for 2 months. Also, you've been with CC since 2001 even though you haven't posted much. But clearly you must have gotten e mails, read about it here, checked fares in general.

As an experienced cruiser you know about deals and how they are for new bookings. So, the enemy is yourself and/or your agent.

Is it the TA's job to monitor prices after the sale? Sounds like the TA is delivering the cruise at the negotiated price with promotions that the OP agreed on. IMO the burden is on the buyer/OP.

I agree 100%

This is not NCL's fault.

This not the TA's fault.

If the original poster overpaid, which we really do not know. They could have gotten a deal that the new promo may have been more costly, then they shafted themselves for living under a rock.

Is it the TA's job to monitor prices after the sale? Sounds like the TA is delivering the cruise at the negotiated price with promotions that the OP agreed on. IMO the burden is on the buyer/OP.

Wow, am I glad that I don't have your TA. Mine does such a good job watching for me that I don't even bother anymore. As a mater of fact, I just got off the phone with him (2 hour conversation). He called to inquire of my futures travel plans. He also gives me a small kickback of his commission. Guess that there are TA's and then there are TA's.

As for everyone jumping on the OP, even though he has a low post count did anyone bother to see that his join date was way back in '01?