A (Mostly) Qomplaint-Free QUANTUM REVIEW (Feb. 20 - Mar. 1, 2015)

We always run into "Cranky & Frowny" people on a cruise. I swear they just look for something to complain about in an attempt to get an OBC,

The worst ever was an overweight 50's something hairy guy that was complaining to people in the hot tub that he couldn't sun bathe NUDE on his balcony because they were working on the wood rails on the balconies in his area. He went to get services he said to get a comp since his use of his balcony was interfered with for a couple hours.

I couldn't get away from him any quicker!!

Haha, WOW.

Two70

Alright I'm going to come out and just say it. I like Two70 better than the Viking Crown Lounge.

Now don't get me wrong. I love the VCL however Two70 is like the VCL on acid. The views in the VCL are great but the ocean views in Two70 are on a whole other level. You are right on top of the water, have a great view of the wake and the windows are much bigger. You could even go up to the balcony on deck 6 in Two70 and look down at the water if you wanted that perspective.

Now throw in some unique production shows and oh yeah, a cafe that serves delicious sandwiches and other snacks and you have an all-around better venue.

3FA83D8F-A36E-47BB-84DF-E9098FA656AC_zpsfcirbfph.jpg

8AA08555-BB25-4C02-9C91-AA96B1B8C877_zpsntatyg3h.jpg

A261DECE-2911-4220-9900-FC311F04F6BF_zpst2urijpr.jpg

D49F2A78-4682-4C5A-90BD-40032DD2EF72_zps4hbtvhyt.jpg

64D0ADF8-491B-4489-B889-7D83ED1D8219_zpsu6eyo9wv.jpg

2 weeks on the Allure for A&L_Ont! Wow. We are all jealous. Have fun. When are you flying down Andrew?

Tim, it isn't soon enough. We leave at 8am tomorrow for DTW. We should be in FLL by 4:45pm. My auto response for work is already set up, and I am at home preparing for tomorrow.:D

I will continue to follow your review to so see how it ends. Sadly, I bet with tears brought on my the extremely cold weather shortly followed by 3 people packed into a Maseratti. At least you didn't have to get into a car that was like a block of ice.

Andrew

Tim, it isn't soon enough. We leave at 8am tomorrow for DTW. We should be in FLL by 4:45pm. My auto response for work is already set up, and I am at home preparing for tomorrow.:D

I will continue to follow your review to so see how it ends. Sadly, I bet with tears brought on my the extremely cold weather shortly followed by 3 people packed into a Maseratti. At least you didn't have to get into a car that was like a block of ice.

Andrew

Haha.

I believe this is the trip that makes you and Lisa D+ right?

Thanks very much for the great review. Reading what you have to say and seeing all the pictures has me looking forward to my time onboard!

Tim, thanks for the fantastic review!! Glad that you had as much fun on this cruise as my wife and I did. We loved 270 also and the bartenders there and at DD were the best!

My pleasure. Thanks for following along.

Haha.

I believe this is the trip that makes you and Lisa D+ right?

Yes it is. Part way through the first cruise we hit the magic number. Owen might be the youngest D+ on board at 7.5. I wish growing up my folks had cruised, as I would have enjoyed this great lifestyle for more than the last 10 years.

Keep up the great review as we are still freezing our sun starved a$$es off.:D

Yes it is. Part way through the first cruise we hit the magic number. Owen might be the youngest D+ on board at 7.5. I wish growing up my folks had cruised, as I would have enjoyed this great lifestyle for more than the last 10 years.

Keep up the great review as we are still freezing our sun starved a$$es off.:D

Owen will probably be Pinnacle before he is allowed to have his first legal drink.

FINAL THOUGHTS

What I loved

-North Star

-WOW Band

-Two70

-Music Hall (even though I didn’t talk about it much in my review, it was still great)

-Overall look & feel of ship (it has a very Earthy & classy feel about it)

-Huge TV in the room

-Disembarkation (very smooth and fast!)

What I liked

-Solarium pool (this would have been in the “love” list if it were open-air)

-Dynamic Dining (I like that you have options every single night depending on your taste)

-Food quality (an upgrade over the traditional Main Dining Room food on other ships)

-Royal IQ (just needs the menus & Cruise Compass added to be in “love” list)

-Gym

-Windjammer

-Embarkation (if it weren’t for the guy that checked us in, this would be in the “love” list, otherwise very smooth and fast)

What I didn’t like

-Less outdoor pools than the other big RCI ships

-Wonderland

-Closet design (just get rid of that big bar in the main closet and it will be fine)

Overall this is a fantastic class of ship that is only going to get better as the rest of the minor kinks get worked out. This is a ship that is designed for the next generation of cruisers. I’m looking forward to many more sailings on the Anthem and possibly the Ovation. The Oasis class is still my favorite however I would be extremely happy to be on any Quantum, Freedom or Voyager class ship as well. One day maybe I’ll even give the Radiance class a try.

One thing you have to do on Cruise Critic is take any negative comment with a grain of salt. There are a ton of grouchy people on here that just love to complain. For a while there after the Quantum first came out, I almost wanted to stay off Cruise Critic because of the complainers. I know some of the complaints were legit, especially the comments from those that sailed on the Quantum after she first came out but other remarks like “a Quantum failure”, “Dynamic Disaster” and others were just plain absurd and ridiculous. I'm sure glad I didn't listen to those people.

Next up: The Oasis in September with hopefully a Liberty cruise to Bermuda in May before that

Edited by Yorkvillain

FINAL THOUGHTS

Overall this is a fantastic class of ship that is only going to get better as the rest of the minor kinks get worked out. This is a ship that is designed for the next generation of cruisers. I’m looking forward to many more sailings on the Anthem and possibly the Ovation. The Oasis class is still my favorite however I would be extremely happy to be on any Quantum, Freedom or Voyager class ship as well. One day maybe I’ll even give the Radiance class a try.

One thing you have to do on Cruise Critic is take any negative comment with a grain of salt. There are a ton of grouchy people on here that just love to complain. For a while there after the Quantum first came out, I almost wanted to stay off Cruise Critic because of the complainers. I know some of the complaints were legit, especially the comments from those that sailed on the Quantum after she first came out but other remarks like “a Quantum failure”, “Dynamic Disaster” and others were just plain absurd and ridiculous. I'm sure glad I didn't listen to those people.

Great review & awesome photos... been quietly lurking! So great to see you had an awesome time. :D:D:D

Thanks again for an awesome review! I enjoyed it.

Thanks Dave.

Great review & awesome photos... been quietly lurking! So great to see you had an awesome time. :D:D:D

Thanks, I really enjoyed your review as well.

FINAL THOUGHTS

What I loved

-North Star

-WOW Band

-Two70

-Music Hall (even though I didn’t talk about it much in my review, it was still great)

-Overall look & feel of ship (it has a very Earthy & classy feel about it)

-Huge TV in the room

-Disembarkation (very smooth and fast!)

What I liked

-Solarium pool (this would have been in the “love” list if it were open-air)

-Dynamic Dining (I like that you have options every single night depending on your taste)

-Food quality (an upgrade over the traditional Main Dining Room food on other ships)

-Royal IQ (just needs the menus & Cruise Compass added to be in “love” list)

-Gym

-Windjammer

-Embarkation (if it weren’t for the guy that checked us in, this would be in the “love” list, otherwise very smooth and fast)

What I didn’t like

-Less outdoor pools than the other big RCI ships

-Wonderland

-Closet design (just get rid of that big bar in the main closet and it will be fine)

Next up: The Oasis in September with hopefully a Liberty cruise to Bermuda in May before that

Nice summary...Happy Sailings.

Thanks so much for the review! It's nice to read positive stuff. I understand the negative nellies need their say too, but I firmly believe that your vacation is what YOU make it, not the other way around. If you go on expecting to be disappointed, looking for the bad, you'll never have a good time.

I can't wait!!

Thanks for a great review. We leave on the next sailing. I'm wondering if you noticed if the Flowrider was operating on the first couple of days before you hit the warm weather?

Hmm. I didn't. Sorry about that.

Nice summary...Happy Sailings.

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to your next not ready for primetime review.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Thanks so much for the review! It's nice to read positive stuff. I understand the negative nellies need their say too, but I firmly believe that your vacation is what YOU make it, not the other way around. If you go on expecting to be disappointed, looking for the bad, you'll never have a good time.

I can't wait!!

Thanks for following along. And I agree with you 100%.

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, the information will be very helpful for my upcoming cruise.

I'm curious about the bar in the closet you mentioned. Do you remember if the hanger's swivel? In other words, if I hang a long dress, can I swivel the hanger so the dress hangs long behind the bar?

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, the information will be very helpful for my upcoming cruise.

I'm curious about the bar in the closet you mentioned. Do you remember if the hanger's swivel? In other words, if I hang a long dress, can I swivel the hanger so the dress hangs long behind the bar?

Yes, you can swivel the hanger, great idea - wish I had thought of that!

Thanks for a great review. We leave on the next sailing. I'm wondering if you noticed if the Flowrider was operating on the first couple of days before you hit the warm weather?

In November the Flowrider was open in cold weather and the water was warm.

In the morning I opened the curtain and was greeted by a nice smile of a man on my balcony! Whoh, what the?!?!? Actually, they were washing the balconies today and they warned us about it the day before. I just completely forgot, just like I forgot my IFly reservation earlier in the week.

Thank goodness you didn't forget your pants like you forgot about your iFly reservation and the balcony washing. We once stayed on a carnival ship with the french doors on it that open but aren't truly a balcony and there is a walkway out there for the maintenance staff and balcony cleaning crews to walk along.... my husband had the doors and curtains open and went to take a shower and as he came out of the bathroom minus a towel there was some more guy standing right outside our balcony who probably saw alot more than he wanted to see of my hubby.

I'm so happy you chose to write this review it was so entertaining yet informative I've been cracking up the entire time. You have a wonderful writing style.

Thank goodness you didn't forget your pants like you forgot about your iFly reservation and the balcony washing. We once stayed on a carnival ship with the french doors on it that open but aren't truly a balcony and there is a walkway out there for the maintenance staff and balcony cleaning crews to walk along.... my husband had the doors and curtains open and went to take a shower and as he came out of the bathroom minus a towel there was some more guy standing right outside our balcony who probably saw alot more than he wanted to see of my hubby.

I'm so happy you chose to write this review it was so entertaining yet informative I've been cracking up the entire time. You have a wonderful writing style.

Thanks Lisa.

And that is a hilarious story!