Check onboard...

If an activity goes from available to "Online reservations are not available. Please check onboard" does that mean it is full-period? Do they hold some tickets back for onboard cruisers.

We were going to book the Prohibition party but now it's not available online. Do we dump the costumes or bring them? Has anyone experience this?

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to book a shore excursion with a Celebrity cruise, and was wondering the same. If it says "please check onboard" does it mean that its full, or do they routinely hold some places for those who wish to book onboard?

Edited by Tuttsy

If it's a restaurant it is probably full and your looking for cancellations.

With an excursion it's the same with the addition that they are seeng if they can get a 2nd excursion as well.

Thanks for the information. Was afraid that might be the case. Actually rang them first prior to booking the cruise to make sure the excursion was available. They told me it was a book onboard excursion & they had no way of knowing if it was booked out.

I guess they would say anything to make sure we booked.

Hopefully they will manage to organise another trip for late bookers like me.:(

Thanks for the information. Was afraid that might be the case. Actually rang them first prior to booking the cruise to make sure the excursion was available. They told me it was a book onboard excursion & they had no way of knowing if it was booked out.

I guess they would say anything to make sure we booked.

Hopefully they will manage to organise another trip for late bookers like me.:(

Some excursions are book on board, so that may be right. thought you were saying it was, at one point, available online and now says ask on board.

They do not sell ALL of the spots for anything strictly online...there are still some folks who don't use computers, and don't "pre-plan" every single thing...so they do keep spots, both for dining and excursion, open for onboard booking!

They do not sell ALL of the spots for anything strictly online...there are still some folks who don't use computers, and don't "pre-plan" every single thing...so they do keep spots, both for dining and excursion, open for onboard booking!

Agreed. On my Independence cruise in December, I had pre-booked my son on 2 excursions which both then changed to "Check onboard" status. As soon as we got to our cabin on embarkation day, I checked online on the tv and was able to add myself to both excursions.