Cabin passenger substitution

Can anyone tell me if I have two people booked in a stateroom and one is not able to go, however I have another family member that is willing to take their place, is the cruise line able to modify the reservation? And if so, how much will it probably cost me? Just under a year before sailing date so plenty of time.

Can anyone tell me if I have two people booked in a stateroom and one is not able to go, however I have another family member that is willing to take their place, is the cruise line able to modify the reservation? And if so, how much will it probably cost me? Just under a year before sailing date so plenty of time.

They will more than likely re-price the cabin to the current rate.

I do not believe this is true. Just call RCCL to be sure, but I honestly do not think they do anything but simply change the names. I've done some switching around a couple of times for the cabins I have on the Oasis by adding/removing and it hasn't changed anything in my pricing.

Edited by sailor05

I do not believe this is true. Just call RCCL to be sure, but I honestly do not think they do anything but simply change the names. I've done some switching around a couple of times for the cabins I have on the Oasis by adding/removing and it hasn't changed anything in my pricing.

This is a recent (in the last year) thing they have started. You can't do anything to the reservation (or so it seems) anymore without them wanting to re-price to the current rate. My TA said it is so bad, that she asks about a re-price prior to doing anything on a reservation. Who knows, maybe you have gotten lucky, or me unlucky. That has just been my experience as of late.

Edited by rummenroman

This is a recent (in the last year) thing they have started. You can't do anything to the reservation (or so it seems) anymore without them wanting to re-price to the current rate. My TA said it is so bad, that she asks about a re-price prior to doing anything on a reservation. Who knows, maybe you have gotten lucky, or me unlucky. That has just been my experience as of late.

A name change is one of the few remaining things that can be done without triggering a re pricing of the cruise.

This can be done up until they close the manifest 24 hours prior to sailing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=329&faqSubjectName=Cruise+Documents&faqId=245

Q: Can I make changes to a guest listed on my reservation?

A: Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the reservations.

My TA assures me that changing names wont cause a reprice as long as at least one of the names stays the same throughout the entire booking process.

Havent actually tried it (yet) though so I would not be at all surprised to have Royal throw the challenge flag and go for a reprice.

We had to do this last April on Navigator, and it was kind of a "pain". One person couldn't go due to medical reason. Had to get a letter from person's dr. stating they couldn't go, fax to rccl (don't remember who we faxed to). After rccl reviewed and ok'd letter (couple of days), we were able to switch out passenger.

We had to do this last April on Navigator, and it was kind of a "pain". One person couldn't go due to medical reason. Had to get a letter from person's dr. stating they couldn't go, fax to rccl (don't remember who we faxed to). After rccl reviewed and ok'd letter (couple of days), we were able to switch out passenger.

Was that person listed as the first passenger on the reservation?

The reason I'm asking is that I have read several reports that others had no issues with switching out the second guests name with just a phone call.

Was that person listed as the first passenger on the reservation?

The reason I'm asking is that I have read several reports that others had no issues with switching out the second guests name with just a phone call.

2nd person listed. I wish it had been as easy as switching out names, but it wasn't. Maybe our experience was not typical, but that's what happened when we had to do it

incorrect. as long as at least one person from the original reservation stays, the price will not change . there may be a FEE to change the name if you went through a TA however.