Navigator Renovations

Just off the Navigator a little over a week ago, and got to experience both the virtual balcony screen, in an inside cabin, and also the camera setup on the bridge.

I personally love the idea that an inside cabin can have the same view as the captain and crew has on the bridge. It's the best view in the house.......er, ship!!:D

Rick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our first cruise was on Navigator in 2004 and we are sailing on her in Nov 2015 again. Can someone compare the renovations and the experience they had if they were on a sailing on Navigator prior to the renovations and after them?

That would be nice to read.

• 2 weeks later...
Just read navigator has one heated pool. Is this true? Looking at a future cruise on this ship.

I don't believe I have ever heard of Nav having a heated pool.....my DH would love it, but I have never read about that anywhere -- NOT counting the hot tubs of course.

Our first cruise was on Navigator in 2004 and we are sailing on her in Nov 2015 again. Can someone compare the renovations and the experience they had if they were on a sailing on Navigator prior to the renovations and after them?

Found the experience to be the same pre and post renovations. Never went to the Dungeon pre-renovations so didn't miss it post renovations. Most of the renovations were regarding addition of cabins and changing some inside cabins to virtual cabins. The Sabor Modern Mexican Restaurant was nice.

Found the experience to be the same pre and post renovations. Never went to the Dungeon pre-renovations so didn't miss it post renovations. Most of the renovations were regarding addition of cabins and changing some inside cabins to virtual cabins. The Sabor Modern Mexican Restaurant was nice.

Let me ask, with the additional cabins and therefore more passengers, did you notice it too crowded in some venues. When public space is removed, as it sounded like it was, crowding sometimes occurs elsewhere.

Did you utilize the Diamond Lounge?

Try this, it is a deck by deck comparison

http://www.******************.com/2015/05/03/deck-deck-changes-royal-caribbeans-explorer-of-the-seas#.VWewmM9Vikp

Add in royal caribbean blog where the asterisks are. you will also have to remove the spaces. only way i know to get past the CC filters

Try this, it is a deck by deck comparison

http://www.******************.com/2015/05/03/deck-deck-changes-royal-caribbeans-explorer-of-the-seas#.VWewmM9Vikp

Add in royal caribbean blog where the asterisks are. you will also have to remove the spaces. only way i know to get past the CC filters

That is for Explorer, but it helped me find the one for Navigator: http://www.******************.com/2013/12/02/navigator-of-the-seas-deck-plan-changes-coming-2014#.VWgAGFL3bCQ

Does anyone know if they still have the thalassotherapy pool in the fitness center?

Also, do the interior stairs by the forward elevators now go UP from deck 12 to the new sun deck over the Vitality Spa or can you only access the sundeck from the exterior stairs?

~ Judy

That is for Explorer, but it helped me find the one for Navigator: http://www.******************.com/2013/12/02/navigator-of-the-seas-deck-plan-changes-coming-2014#.VWgAGFL3bCQ

Does anyone know if they still have the thalassotherapy pool in the fitness center?

Also, do the interior stairs by the forward elevators now go UP from deck 12 to the new sun deck over the Vitality Spa or can you only access the sundeck from the exterior stairs?

~ Judy

I am not interested in viewing deck plans, I want to hear about the experiences of cruisers who have been on Navigator pre and post the refurb.

I know that you and your family will be on the same cruise with us on Navigator in November -- I hope to meet you. Don't forget to sign up for the Roll Call --- it is very quiet right now, and that is normal this far out from the actual sailing.

~ Judy

Yes, she still has the thalassotherapy pool.

Yes, she still has the thalassotherapy pool.

What is this pool? Where exactly is it -- in the locker room or in the gym so it can be used by both men and women together? I don't remember many details from our first cruise on Navigator in 2004.

What is this pool? Where exactly is it -- in the locker room or in the gym so it can be used by both men and women together? I don't remember many details from our first cruise on Navigator in 2004.

It is in the gym (at the entrance) near the locker room doors. It is basically a large hot tub.

Edited by The Sunset Glow

It is in the gym (at the entrance) near the locker room doors.

Ok....good to know....we were just on Indy....it sounds like it is in the location they had this boxing ring....which no one used....so maybe this pool in more interesting!

Let me ask, with the additional cabins and therefore more passengers, did you notice it too crowded in some venues. When public space is removed, as it sounded like it was, crowding sometimes occurs elsewhere.

Did you utilize the Diamond Lounge?

Didn't notice a difference from pre to post renovations. However timing of my cruises definitely plays into the fact that no difference was noticed as I do not cruise from June -September, during spring break months, Thanksgiving or Christmas which tend to have a larger than normal children passenger count. My favorite time to be on the Navigator is February and either the 1st or 2nd week of December.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Ok....good to know....we were just on Indy....it sounds like it is in the location they had this boxing ring....which no one used....so maybe this pool in more interesting!

Yes, the hot tub is a much better use of that space than the boxing ring.

Yes, the hot tub is a much better use of that space than the boxing ring.

So maybe they should remove the boxing rings in favor of this type of hot tub. Is this type of hot tub different than any other type of hot tub? Pardon my ignorance.

So maybe they should remove the boxing rings in favor of this type of hot tub. Is this type of hot tub different than any other type of hot tub? Pardon my ignorance.

I'd love that idea, but I suspect that the total takeover of stategy by corporate bean counters would look at that as excessive expense with no income potential.

Unfortunately, I believe they just put in seating area and empty space where they removed the boxing ring on Freedom. Don't know if they've done anything on Indy.

The thalassotherapy pool is supposed to be different from the regular hot tubs. According to a review I read on the Voyager T-pool, they are supposed to be mineral rich seawater pools that detox while they restore and remineralize the body, with very strong hydrotherapy jets (and underwater handles to hold onto) that massage and work the muscles. I've seen the T-pool on Navigator but, despite my many cruises on her, I've never been in it. I hope to rectify that this year.

P.S. I'll be joining our roll call when it gets closer to final payment and look forward to meeting you. We have always had great cruises on the Navigator, enjoying her just as much even after we sandwiched an Oasis cruise in between. I am really excited about getting back on her.

~ Judy

Unfortunately, I believe they just put in seating area and empty space where they removed the boxing ring on Freedom. Don't know if they've done anything on Indy.

The thalassotherapy pool is supposed to be different from the regular hot tubs. According to a review I read on the Voyager T-pool, they are supposed to be mineral rich seawater pools that detox while they restore and remineralize the body, with very strong hydrotherapy jets (and underwater handles to hold onto) that massage and work the muscles. I've seen the T-pool on Navigator but, despite my many cruises on her, I've never been in it. I hope to rectify that this year.

P.S. I'll be joining our roll call when it gets closer to final payment and look forward to meeting you. We have always had great cruises on the Navigator, enjoying her just as much even after we sandwiched an Oasis cruise in between. I am really excited about getting back on her.

~ Judy

It sounds like something good to try when we are on Nav -- looking forward to meeting you as well.