Luggage size? Really? Not possible.

molly5673

I checked my oversized luggage on my last cruise. I know it's bigger than that as well. I never had a problem. I know that's not very helpful. Maybe there was a policy change, although I kind of doubt that as I would have expected them to say something official. I don't know how large yours is, but I suspect you'll be fine.

I have an oversized samsonite roller...

Wow, you must have a huge suitcase. If you notice that is 24" in width and 16" in height. There is no length restriction. Also, if you notice it states that guests are encouraged. There is no rule that says they will not let your luggage on.

Lay your luggage flat. Measure width and then height (which would basically be the depth) while laying down. My suitcase is 30" long x 20" wide by 12" high. It is not too large.

Most people are thinking length is height...it is not.

There have been several threads in the past on this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1786082

I like to follow the letter of the law and you right the size restrictions clearly stated this is for checked bags so on our first cruise we followed this but noticed most people had larger bags. So I asked and was told this refers to carry on bags.

FAQ:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds (22.68 Kilograms) and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (40.64 cm x 60.96 cm); there are no length restrictions. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

No it's just a regular suit case but bigger than a carry on

Did you read the link I stated earlier? There is no length restriction. There is no way your suitcase is more than 24 inches in width and more than 16 inches in height. Measure with the pic below.

diagram_case2.jpg

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I see bags in the hallway that people could fit into, you'll be fine, but have some compassion and don't pack them full...several people need to haul your bag from when you stop at the porters to when you're on the ship, then again on the way off.

...and just to make it easy, if you are flying in for your cruise, you can be assured that the suitcase you checked onto the airline will be very acceptable for the cruise from a size and weight perspective. No need to over-think this.

I had this behemoth for my first cruise (12 day)...no questions asked. I will be taking it on my next 12 day too as I am training it to the cruise port.

It was: 82.5cm x 52.5cm x 33cm

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvaLq6E8DOIYoXPRHuBQxCtvq5y4SmvQcfCAqn1tNM_cLHX_EMVNiJ4Ym4EJcS26VykmFykDG4&usqp=CAE

Edited by Velvetwater

I had this behemoth for my first cruise (12 day)...no questions asked. I will be taking it on my next 12 day too as I am training it to the cruise port.

It was: 82.5cm x 52.5cm x 33cm

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvaLq6E8DOIYoXPRHuBQxCtvq5y4SmvQcfCAqn1tNM_cLHX_EMVNiJ4Ym4EJcS26VykmFykDG4&usqp=CAE

In American that's 32x20x13

In American that's 32x20x13

We have inches in the UK too.

Its a mixture of imperial and metric here.

I have to add that theres a few stories/rumours of people 'moving' using a cruise ship. Like if someone wanted to move from Florida to Mexico so their cabin would be full of stuff....way over 2 bags and whatever else.

We have inches in the UK too.

Its a mixture of imperial and metric here.

I have to add that theres a few stories/rumours of people 'moving' using a cruise ship. Like if someone wanted to move from Florida to Mexico so their cabin would be full of stuff....way over 2 bags and whatever else.

Every once in a while there's a thread about moving.

Seen suggested limits of four bags not to exceed 50lb. Problem would be where to store all that in your cabin.