Help with a bet.....

Itsbeentoolong

Hi there, I'm in a disagreement with my mum and dad (P&O veterans, but not for a while) when I told them I've read on here you have to pay for your Excursions when you book now they were adamant it goes onto your cruise bill to pay at the end, they were so sure they bet me a wine package on it...anyone recently booked an excursion for a forthcoming cruise?

Thanks

It used to be that when you booked excursions in advance, the cost went on your on board account.

This was changed about two years ago. Now if you book in advance of departure, you have to pay at the time of booking and you cannot use any on board credit that you may have.

You can still book once you get on board and this goes on your on board account and you can use any credit you may have.

Brian

We book one of our excursions for the Britannia because it was something that we particularly want to do and the CP was saying limited availability, we will book the others onboard. We did have to pay when we booked and I used my credit card for the extra security that it provides. When my bill arrived it was for slightly more than the cost of the excursion because I hadn't realised that P&O would charge an admin charge for using my credit card, the admin charge was less than the peninsular club discount.

If you pay for your excursions before you travel you will have your loyalty discount taken off - at which ever level you are. I have not had any credit card admin charge taken when I've booked via the Cruise Personaliser.

We did find that when we were on a Fjords cruise that some people who left it until they boarded to book excursions were disappointed as the trip they wanted - I think it was one of the train ones - was fully booked and they were unable to go on it.

We prefer to have it all paid for before we travel, although I understand if people have a large amount of OBC they would prefer to book on board.

We book one of our excursions for the Britannia because it was something that we particularly want to do and the CP was saying limited availability, we will book the others onboard. We did have to pay when we booked and I used my credit card for the extra security that it provides. When my bill arrived it was for slightly more than the cost of the excursion because I hadn't realised that P&O would charge an admin charge for using my credit card, the admin charge was less than the peninsular club discount.

I'm sure I didn't pay an admin fee for my excursions! I did for paying the cruise balance but not the excursions.

Hi there, I'm in a disagreement with my mum and dad (P&O veterans, but not for a while) when I told them I've read on here you have to pay for your Excursions when you book now they were adamant it goes onto your cruise bill to pay at the end, they were so sure they bet me a wine package on it...anyone recently booked an excursion for a forthcoming cruise?

Thanks

Balf says "I'd say the bet is nul and void because they were partly correct"

Well the way I see it is "You do have to pay for your excursions when you book now" So OP is totally correct. The bet was not about booking your excursions at any other time than now.

I think Balf is being a bit over sympathetic to people who are "veterans", many people have endured many cruises and been in theatres all over the world yet they still re-enlist year on year.

Regards John