NEW Suite Upgrades....

If RCI is reading this thread, I'd love them to have perks for suites, and only for suites. It's a bit disappointing to read that there are perks being made available to Pinnacle members that are not available to suites.

There are perks that Gold members get that suites don't. Not many, but the C&A e-coupons only apply to C&A members, so a first-timer in a suite wouldn't get any of them (I don't know what they are for Gold).

But personally, I think that suite and Pinnacle perks should be the same. I still remember the announcement that Pinnacles would get the gold cards and all of the attending suite benefits (I didn't hear "all," but others at the same dinner swear that they did). I know that we don't get them all on every ship (inconsistency again), but we do get more when you factor in the e-coupons - laundry, drink deals around the ship, photos, etc.

Other than the free internet, are the perks for Pinnacle and Suites the same?

No. Pinnacle members cannot order room service breakfast, lunch and dinner from the MDR menu, unless they are also in a full suite.

Edited by clarea

No. Pinnacle members cannot order room service breakfast, lunch and dinner from the MDR menu, unless they are also in a full suite.

On some ships we can (inconsistency strikes again!) And on some ships we're invited to a senior officers' party while on others we are not.

On some ships we can (inconsistency strikes again!) And on some ships we're invited to a senior officers' party while on others we are not.

Jean, do you get a letter offering MDR menus for room service?

FWIW, I was thinking about the laundry benefit. I'm hopeful that the internet benefit is going to be part of the suite upgraded benefit package.

Just to be clear, I don't object to the Pinnacle's getting suite perks, but I don't think Pinnacles should get any perks that aren't offered to suites.

BTW the inconsistency in the packages available on ships does not help.

FWIW, I was thinking about the laundry benefit. I'm hopeful that the internet benefit is going to be part of the suite upgraded benefit package.

Just to be clear, I don't object to the Pinnacle's getting suite perks, but I don't think Pinnacles should get any perks that aren't offered to suites.

BTW the inconsistency in the packages available on ships does not help.

Apples and Oranges.

Loyalty Program perks are for spending a lot of money over time, regardless of the cabin class. Cruise lines want to reward repeat business. A Pinnacle pin is an extremely expensive piece of jewelry.

Suites Perks are for spending money on that particular cruise and have nothing to do with past cruising behavior. It is buying privilege on that cruise.

There is no logical reason why privileges should be the same.

Yes, there should be a standard across the ships. But if a ship/Captain/Hotel Director wants to go above and beyond the minimum - should we tell them no?

Example - Milestone Blocks on the Independence show up in the cabin about the last day of the cruise, if they remember and you have reminded them. Milestone Blocks on the Serenade are presented at a Milestone Event complete with drinks, munchies and all the senior crew. The requirement is that they are provided to the C&A member.

All C&A members get three slot pulls as part of their perks. Not the suites. Now is this something to get upset about? One of my friends just won "a bag 'o stuff" off her C&A slot pull/lottery. Should the suites have been included and provided free slot pulls on their first ever cruise (not just Royal?).

I regularly sail several lines. Suite privileges and Loyalty are not the same on any of the lines I have cruised.

-Holly

hanging out in the CL at 05xx in the morning, but in the evening heading to the DL as there is more room and less echoes...

So we are now at 453 posts and we still have no real suite perks listed. Our next full suite sailing is in October unless we can somehow upgrade from our JS this May. Hopefully by October RC will have announced their "upcoming" suite enhancements. ;)

Edited by A&L_Ont

The menus were placed in our suite each day. I don't know if every ship does the same.

I know that for full suites, it's normal for the MDR menus to be placed in the suite daily. I was wondering what happened when a Pinnacle member was not in a full suite, but was still offered the perk of ordering from the MDR menu.

I know that for full suites, it's normal for the MDR menus to be placed in the suite daily. I was wondering what happened when a Pinnacle member was not in a full suite, but was still offered the perk of ordering from the MDR menu.

On our last cruise, on the Vision of the Seas, we were in a JS, and as such didn't even think to ask for a MDR menu, as I have always felt that perk only belonged to full suites.

Jean says differently, and she would know.

Rick

I regularly sail several lines. Suite privileges and Loyalty are not the same on any of the lines I have cruised.

I think we're on the same TA, so we can, if we wish, discuss this over a refreshing beverage. Although, lets hope by then we have more interesting things to discuss.

I concede that there will be some differences between the perks offered for loyalty and suites. I'm interested in substantial differences. I really don't care about slot pulls (I think we all have enough key chains) and the like.

I think it makes good business sense to keep suite guests happy. They're often spending considerably more money on a cruise. You want them to return, and continue to spend that money. So, while I agree, you want to keep your repeat cruisers happy, you should not forget about the current bottom line.

BTW the Pinnacle pin, while "an expensive piece of jewelry" is like all jewelry. Some pay a lot for it, some get it at a substantial discount.

Cheers.

I'm guessing that RCCL is reviewing the suite perks because of their competition - especially from NCL's Haven Suites and the upcoming Carnival Vista Havana area.

I remember a few years ago someone did a very nice write up that compared the perks between the lines. Does anyone else remember this or know where to find it?

We have only seen the MDR menu available when in a full suite. We are in a JS on Freedom this week and didn't have them. On Freedom suite guests have first priority on barefoot beach cabanas, Pinnacles only get if available after being offered to suite guests. Pinnacles were invited to senior officers party along with suite guests. I know all of this varies ship to ship, above only applies to Freedom the past two weeks.

Gerry

I don't recall EVER seeing a MDR in our suites. I know it was always available in the CL but if it was in the room, I never saw it.

Well if they are still saying "spring" to announce the new enhancements, it should be fast approaching.

It is normally in the blue padded suite folder on the table.

I'm guessing that RCCL is reviewing the suite perks because of their competition - especially from NCL's Haven Suites and the upcoming Carnival Vista Havana area.

I remember a few years ago someone did a very nice write up that compared the perks between the lines. Does anyone else remember this or know where to find it?

I don't know where to find it, but I would be willing to generously donate my time to do on-the-scenes live research and report back if anybody wants to fund that endeavor!:D

I didn't know Carnival was getting into the suite perks game. Just on Vista, or is that a pilot program and they'll eventually roll it out across the fleet? I haven't been on the Carnival boards in a while, but I know the topic of suite perks always gets the Carnival board in a frenzy.

The lack of perks was one of my reasons when I flipped back to RCI from CCL. We had been cruising in a suite on Carnival, but when the Mariner arrived and the suite prices were the same as the Conquest/Magic, I jumped! Even now, a GS on the Carnival Freedom (no perks except priority boarding) from Galveston is $500/person MORE than my GS on the Liberty of the Seas from Galveston -- same date and itinerary.

Edited by Cindy

I don't know where to find it, but I would be willing to generously donate my time to do on-the-scenes live research and report back if anybody wants to fund that endeavor!:D

I didn't know Carnival was getting into the suite perks game. Just on Vista, or is that a pilot program and they'll eventually roll it out across the fleet? I haven't been on the Carnival boards in a while, but I know the topic of suite perks always gets the Carnival board in a frenzy.

The lack of perks was one of my reasons when I flipped back to RCI from CCL. We had been cruising in a suite on Carnival, but when the Mariner arrived and the suite prices were the same as the Conquest/Magic, I jumped! Even now, a GS on the Carnival Freedom (no perks except priority boarding) from Galveston is $500/person MORE than my GS on the Liberty of the Seas from Galveston -- same date and itinerary.

Rather than specific suite perks, Carnival seems to be creating a private "Havana" restricted access area. It sounds similar to the NCL Haven area but I don't have any first hand knowledge.

Edited by cricketts

Rather than specific suite perks, Carnival seems to be creating a private "Havana" restricted access area. It sounds similar to the NCL Haven area but I don't have any first hand knowledge.

Except in typical Carnival fashion, they took a good idea and made it a horrible one. The Havana rooms & suites have communal balconies. At best anyone staying in the Havana area can walk onto your balcony and at worst... anyone on the ship can walk onto your balcony and help them self to your hammock and your room if left unlocked.

It remains to be seen whether they will close off the promenade so that only Havana passengers have access to this area. (Looking at the deck plans seems to indicate that only the Havana pool area will be blocked off not the rooms) I personally would never pay for a suite that I don't have any amount of privacy in and have to constantly lock the balcony door and keep the curtains closed. DUMB DUMB DUMB! :rolleyes: