Question about someone not able to go at last minute

We have never had this happen but there is a possibility that a family member in one of the two cabins we have booked may not be able to go at the last minute. What is Royal's policy if this happens? Can we use our cruise insurance we purchased through Royal?

Edited by suamom

We have never had this happen but there is a possibility that a family member in one of the two cabins we have booked may not be able to go at the last minute. What is Royal's policy if this happens? Can we use our cruise insurance we purchased through Royal?

I don't know what the situation behind the party member not being able to go, so I can only share my experience.

My FIL passed away 4 days before I was to leave on a cruise. My TA called Royal and explained the situation. She was able to get me a full refund on my cruise fare, and they didn't charge my cabin mate anything more. It's not their policy to do that, but they helped out so I could attend to a grieving partner. It doesn't hurt to call Royal and see if they can help out. They can only say no.

Without knowing why the party member may not be able to go it is hard to say whether your insurance will kick in.

Ig the reason they can't go is a "covered" reason, then the insurance will pay them back (less any deductible). You need to read the policy to see what it covers! If you're worried about the other folks...don't.. you simply go and have fun with out the other person. They've already paid...the cruise line doesn't care if they're there or not.

Edited by cb at sea

Increased fiber intake can often help with this.

Last year I had a cruise booked with my family (2 cabins). I had a medical situation and required surgery - my TA contacted RC and they allowed us to reschedule for any future sailing on any itinerary.

Hi

Last year just 10 days before I was about to go on a cruise with a friend my son and his wife had a still born daughter, so of course I could not go. I rang RC and they let me cancel and re book. They were very helpful but had to charge me £75.00 as it was after final payment, but I got nearly £600.00 paid back onto my credit card as prices had come down since I booked. I could have claimed the £75.00 back on my insurance but it wasn't worth the trouble. I must also mention Eavesways coaches who very wonderful and didn't charge at all for the change

As mentioned, depends on why person can't go. If it's a covered reason then insurance should reimburse. If you have Royal Caribbean's insurance you have "cancel for any reason" coverage and can get a 75% of non-refundable cost as a credit to a future cruise. But it really depends on the reason for cancellation.