Bringing water on the ship?

I'm leaving for the Oasis on Saturday and wondering if we would be able to carry a case of water on with us? We were going to stop and grab our two bottles of wine when we get there and hoping that we could bring some water on too.

Technically against the rules but usually allowed.

I just don't see the point in hauling on a heavy case of water but maybe it's just me. We do bring empty sports bottles to fill with ice water or lemonade to carry around (never fill from the spout). It's the same water they cook with and make ice cubes out of and tastes just fine - better than our town water for which I require a Brita filter to drink. You could also bring one of those - way better for the environment as well.

Thanks, hope this works for us too!

Hope so :) That is why I only brought a 12 pack it was a $3.25 test. I picked it up the night before at a store near our cruise port hotel. Found it expensive when here I can get a 32 pack of water at costco for 3.99

Just as a warning, I, too, have brought on a few bottle of water and V-8 in Port Canaveral with no problem. However, on more than one occasion I have seen the Port Authority open pre-shrunk 24 packs to make sure those in the middle only contain water (they shake them to check). That leaves you trying to juggle 24 loose bottles of water to your cabin. They do NOT re-tape it for you!

We will be traveling in a Grand Suite (Allure) in Nov. Can we take bottled water out of the concierge lounge? How much is a bottle of water elsewhere on the ship? Trying to decide on getting the water package.

We will be traveling in a Grand Suite (Allure) in Nov. Can we take bottled water out of the concierge lounge? How much is a bottle of water elsewhere on the ship? Trying to decide on getting the water package.

I've never seen bottled still water available in the CL.

I believe the small 500ml bottles are $2 and the 1L bottles are $4, both plus 18%.

Edited by clarea

If you must carry on your own for medical needs it would help to have a doctors note.

Every time someone brings on something prohibited they not only cost the cruise line revenue but also deny gratuity to bar servers selling the same product, not to mention cause the cruise line to raise prices on those who do adhere to the policy to make up for the shortfall.

Like others have said, if it's not Spring Break time you aren't likely to have any problems, but if you think it is ok to bring your own water you may as well disregard all other policies and bring whatever you want for your own costs savings and convenience.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=336

Its silly to bring water on board. Everyone bring one good sized bottle and use the ship's tap. Its perfectly clean (cleaner than land tap) and it tastes very good. Save your money. :-)

As for swelling... its not the water, its the high sodium in the mass production food.

Edited by Dawnita