RCCL Platinum vs Carnival Platinum...

We've been Platinum with Carnival for many years & love their perks.

Just made it to Platinum with RCCL.

But it seems that besides priority boarding, RCCL Platinum is not as generous as Carnival's.

We love the free laundry with Carnival Platinum, looks like that's not included with RCCL.

Any others....?

Thanks,

But it seems that besides priority boarding, RCCL Platinum is not as generous as Carnival's.

We love the free laundry with Carnival Platinum, looks like that's not included with RCCL.

Any others....?

Thanks,

Benefits: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Coupons: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045047

It would make more sense to me to book the ship and ports one wants at the price that works, and not worry about the perks. Especially at the "platinum level". You are right, Platinum on RCCL doesn't offer much worth considering beyond the balcony discount. At least I think that is available at Platinum.

Personally I don't think almost any level is worth making a difference in cruise choices if one is open to considering all the major lines (RCCL, Carnival, NCL etc.). Why would any of the perks be a factor in making a decision over ports/ships and most of all price. :) ??

Edited by bouhunter

Any others....?

Thanks,

You're trying to compare apples to oranges. Just because both lines have a level called Platinum does not mean it falls in the same order. Carnival's Platinum is only 1 step below their highest level.

You're trying to compare apples to oranges. Just because both lines have a level called Platinum does not mean it falls in the same order. Carnival's Platinum is only 1 step below their highest level.

Correct, while Platinum is the highest level for NCL's lattitudes.

A more accurate comparison is Carnival Platinum vs. Royal Diamond. Royal requires 80 points for Diamond vs. 75 for Platinum at Carnival (under current terms; I made Carnival Plat under the old system based on number of cruises). However, with Royal you can get double points for booking suites or sailing solo, so you can potentially get to Diamond much quicker than Platinum under Carnival.

Royal Diamond is a much better "deal" in my opinion than Carnival Platinum. Three free drinks a night (or the Diamond Lounge for potentially unlimited drinks; both have a time window for their use) and a $225 (7 day) balcony discount more than make up for the fact that it doesn't include a bag of laundry like Carnival does, and there are other perks beyond that. I'm not saying the perks are earth shattering, but the two I just mentioned have definite value to many people (more so than a bag of laundry I suspect).

Any others....?

Thanks,

Edited by JasonV1