Countdown Clocks gone??

Hambagahle

They are now back!! Whew! I thought I would miss the ship...

Hope you will post from the ship. We'll be on Regent's Mariner starting on April 2nd. After posting about food on the Riviera last November, I'll now be doing the same on Regent. In any event, will be checking the Oceania board for your posts.

Safe travels!

Hope you will post from the ship. We'll be on Regent's Mariner starting on April 2nd. After posting about food on the Riviera last November, I'll now be doing the same on Regent. In any event, will be checking the Oceania board for your posts.

Safe travels!

Hi Jackie - Yes - will post from the ship so we can compare notes so to speak. I hope your cruise goes really well and that Rio is not a problem! We'll be further north of you for most of the crossing...

You travel safely too, especially the Rio bit!

Gerry

Not sure that O does very well with clocks. LOL.

The clock on the main display, by the Receptionist, on the Marina was off again on our cruise. Not only was the hour off by varying numbers, but the minutes were off also. The same clock wasn't accurate on our last cruise either.

We'd go through time zone changes and the crew never adjusted the clock. Guess they reckoned if they waited long enough the hour portion would be correct again. Seems to me they could correct the minute hand portion, however. It was always comical listening to people ask why they couldn't get the time right or just delete that display. The answer was finally realized " you're on vacation, it doesn't matter if it's 15:28 or (actually) 16:10, just chill out". That is, of course, unless you need to be on time for something like a tour!

Moral of story, I probably won't believe any clocks that O uses as being accurate, but maybe the countdown clocks work. Or not!

I had a Ford truck years ago whose clock that steadfastly lost about 3 minutes per year. Would usually catch it back up when changing over to DST. Maybe O just used the same clock maker as Ford for the display! :eek:

Not sure that O does very well with clocks. LOL.

The clock on the main display, by the Receptionist, on the Marina was off again on our cruise. Not only was the hour off by varying numbers, but the minutes were off also. The same clock wasn't accurate on our last cruise either.

I think Gerry was referring to the Countdown clock on CC in people's signatures

:rolleyes:

If you have them blocked like I do you will never notice if they are there or not

Lyn;

I thought Gerry was talking about the clock on O's website that tells you the days till sailing, to use for making dining reservations.

Well I never noticed one there

where do you find it??

I'm sure that Gerry was talking about the countdown clock here on CC because I happened to be attempting to update my clock to show the latest reservation we've booked, and everything I had before disappeared. I thought it was me, but when I saw her inquiry I realized it wasn't me. (Well, just my luck maybe!)

Sure enough, when I checked the additional information (as well as the original information) was there.

Mura

Mura is right - I was talking about the Countdown clocks here on CC. the "handy dandy" things that remind you that you had better start packing!!

And pinotlover (great name that one!) I am not a "he" - I am a "she". And the one with the hair in the photo...