Excursions not loaded?

TxMaggie

My husband and I booked a cruise on the Liberty out of San Juan in March of next year, and when looking at the excursions, nothing shows up. We called about it and Carnival said they won't add excursions until early next year. That doesn't seem right to me as we've booked far in advance before and haven't had this issue.

Are others who are cruising a year or so from now having this issue by chance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've found excursions are posted several MONTHS in advance of sailing so the answer "next year" for March certainly does not sound correct.

Booked for FEB 2016 and no excursions are listed at this time.

It is really hard for vendors to give pricing this far in advance. It is normal to have the excursions get put on little by little as they all get set up.

Just keep watching.

I mean, that makes sense. But it would be nice to be able to book FTTF already. :)

They usually post them around 6 six months before the cruise but I have seen them posted as late as 3 months before the cruise, so it is not unusual for them to not be posted right now.

Oh! I surely hope that won't be the case for this cruise... I'm too much of a planner, plus I'd like to get my hands on FTTF if I can manage it.

Maybe the long term contracts with their providers are expiring and they have to be re-executed before the tours can be offered, and it's just too far out at this point.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They should start to become available about eight or nine months out, so for a March sailing they may start showing up around June or July. Doesn't hurt to keep looking before then just in case.

ETA: I got FTTF for my last Carnival cruise at eight months out. Don't know if the full schedule list was up by then or not.

Edited by Rudyard

After I booked I asked the same question and they said to check back often and excursions should be posted within 90 days. The cruise I booked morphed into a Journey cruise so they may have to make special accomodations since the cruise itinerary is not on a cycle like most.

They should start to become available about eight or nine months out, so for a March sailing they may start showing up around June or July. Doesn't hurt to keep looking before then just in case.

ETA: I got FTTF for my last Carnival cruise at eight months out. Don't know if the full schedule list was up by then or not.

Great tip, thank you!

You can get some idea of what might be available by going to the Carnival web site / explore/ shore excursions. If it is a popular excursion chances are it will continue to be offered.

SPRINGS741 is right. You might not be able to book the 2016 excursions but you can certainly read about them. Go to the Carnival Cruise Line web site. Select EXPLORE. Then on the right, select SHORE EXCURSIONS. Select a port and they will appear. On our 1/16/2016 cruise, you cannot book them at this time. it just freezes up when you try to book but at least you can read the descriptions and make your decision.

SPRINGS741 is right. You might not be able to book the 2016 excursions but you can certainly read about them. Go to the Carnival Cruise Line web site. Select EXPLORE. Then on the right, select SHORE EXCURSIONS. Select a port and they will appear. On our 1/16/2016 cruise, you cannot book them at this time. it just freezes up when you try to book but at least you can read the descriptions and make your decision.

I've been exploring that section of the site, but as a first-time cruiser, of course I have questions. :rolleyes: Like for example, our Nassau port will be from 11 to 8, and our Freeport stop will be a short one, 7:30 till 1:00. I figure that will by definition eliminate or change some of the excursion options, based on the time that the excursions occur. That's one reason I'm hoping to see the excursion list for my specific cruise. Am I way off on this? :confused:

I was wondering about this, as my cruise is August 2016.

I usually book quite late (April for my first summer cruise then January) so everything was always there.

I was ready to Jump on FTTF like a boss.

I got FTTF 4 months out then 1 month out.

Edited by Velvetwater