Cancelling one person in double room

It will not go up. Once you book, you are guaranteed that the price will not be higher. The price could go down or it could stay the same. Sometimes you are charged the same price (minus taxes and port fees) for one passenger as you would be for two. Sometimes they give a discount if there is only one in the cabin. I don't know if there is anything specific that determines which it will be.

Normally, if one cancels out of two in a stateroom, the remaining person is charged a "solo supplement", normally 200% of the normal two person rate. Example: 2 in stateroom at 500 pp, one cancels, then $1000 for remaining solo.

Edited by Kcruiser2014

you can I have done it before. I believe you can do it after final payment but I wouldn't wait to long after that. The problem comes when you want to change the first person on the reservation, that causes all sorts of issues.

Does anyone know if you can change name of second person before final payment

I believe you can change the name of any guest up to 24 hours before the cruise, as long as one of the original names on the booking stays the same.

It will not go up. Once you book, you are guaranteed that the price will not be higher. The price could go down or it could stay the same. Sometimes you are charged the same price (minus taxes and port fees) for one passenger as you would be for two. Sometimes they give a discount if there is only one in the cabin. I don't know if there is anything specific that determines which it will be.

I tried to drop a person off a booking recently. The cost was around $5,300 for two people and would have been $11,300 for one! Go figure.

Needless to say I didn't drop the 2nd person.

Raina

We had to cancel my husband out at the last minute last year to due illness and they did not charge me an additional supplement. Of course, it was after the final payment, so they did not refund any money. Thank goodness for trip insurance!!