Breakaway today! 3/10/15

Mira28

Just posting about the Breakaway for this, my first NCL cruise. Beautiful ship, great entertainment, friendly, welcoming crew. The ship is very well kept, easy to get around and enjoyable for all. (Including this sixty year old female traveling solo!) Loving it all, especially Howl at the Moon, Fat Cats, dance parties, the way restaurants are inside/outside. Lots of peaceful little places to read and gaze at the sea. Or people watch.

I have a studio room which is very comfortable for one.

I feel safe and content. Don't want the cruise to end and can't wait to do it again! Life is too short. Enjoy all, every moment!

To anyone who has an interest: I had previously booked shows for this cruise. I received notice in my cabin that reservations were not necessary for performances on this cruise. I walked in 15 minutes before. No problem!

To anyone who has an interest: I had previously booked shows for this cruise. I received notice in my cabin that reservations were not necessary for performances on this cruise. I walked in 15 minutes before. No problem!

Thanks for the updates. Good to know!

Have lots of fun! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just posting about the Breakaway for this, my first NCL cruise. Beautiful ship, great entertainment, friendly, welcoming crew. The ship is very well kept, easy to get around and enjoyable for all. (Including this sixty year old female traveling solo!) Loving it all, especially Howl at the Moon, Fat Cats, dance parties, the way restaurants are inside/outside. Lots of peaceful little places to read and gaze at the sea. Or people watch.

I feel safe and content. Don't want the cruise to end and can't wait to do it again! Life is too short. Enjoy all, every moment!

Glad you're enjoying it!! Have fun!!:D

Well. I'm about to lose internet again for a while! Just saw the Impac group in Fat Cats. So great! Those guys can sing. Motown and more.

Now onto Headliners to see Howling at the Moon again. It's wonderful to have great entertainment and it's all so so enjoyable. (I don't get out that much in my regular life, but still!)

Tomorrow, the private island. It was very easy to book a tender to get there. I'm looking forward to more sun and warmth!

If you have children, there do seem to be lots of family programs, celebrations and dances. I am imagining bringing my daughter and grandchildren (6 and 3) on this cruise soon. But for now, I am enjoying myself so much.

Hey guys, if you have booked this ship and are wondering about it, you can have a really wonderful time. Just let yourself enjoy...

Thanks so much for these updates, and I am glad to see you're having a fabulous time! I am happy to hear from you and a few others that the no show reservations policy is working out. I am an advance planner (it's the only way I can relax once I am actually on vacation :o) and, frankly, it was stressing me out! It doesn't seem like it will be much of an issue, though.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! :D

Good morning. Another beautiful day here on the Breakaway!

As far as internet, they have data packages. The one that seems the best value is $59 for 700 MB. I do not know if they have an unlimited one. But it seems easy enough to use, and information is readily available in the internet café area. Or maybe you can learn about it online before your cruise. I know that you can also use your phone, tablet etc. through these plans, but I am not doing that. It's kind of a relief to be away from all that for a bit!

The only show that seems to have some limited access is the Second City comedy group. They are still taking reservations for that, I believe.

I walked into Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages, and there was no problem at all. Great shows too!

Today the private island. I'll let you know how I fare there! I may not stay the whole day though since I am easily sunburned, even with 50 spf sunscreen! But I'm sure it will feel wonderful to be warm and in the sun, after the winter we have all endured. Actually, from the moment I stepped on this ship in NYC I have felt relaxed and joyful!

My best to all.

I love reading posts like this. Glad your having a great time.

I hate the Negative Nellys & Complainey-pants. You GO girlfriend! Enjoy your cruise!

I'll echo so many others with a big thank you for your posts OP! Your positive attitude and clear enjoyment is like the (nearly!) springlike day we're having in NY today!

I'm looking forward to my second BA cruise in July and your reports makes it even more exciting to anticipate! :)

Well. I'm about to lose internet again for a while! Just saw the Impac group in Fat Cats. So great! Those guys can sing. Motown and more.

Now onto Headliners to see Howling at the Moon again. It's wonderful to have great entertainment and it's all so so enjoyable. (I don't get out that much in my regular life, but still!)

Tomorrow, the private island. It was very easy to book a tender to get there. I'm looking forward to more sun and warmth!

If you have children, there do seem to be lots of family programs, celebrations and dances. I am imagining bringing my daughter and grandchildren (6 and 3) on this cruise soon. But for now, I am enjoying myself so much.

Hey guys, if you have booked this ship and are wondering about it, you can have a really wonderful time. Just let yourself enjoy...

Thank you for all this positive info. Confused on one thing. "Easy to book tender"? Do you need to book this? I have only done this once and it was first come FS. (Alaska) Please Please give a review on the private island. Only port I am looking forward to. Thanks again.

Good morning!

Another post from the lovely, exciting Breakaway. We are in Nassau this morning. As it has been all along on this cruise, the weather is beautiful!

I may simply choose not to return to cold upstate NY. Not sure if I'll stay in Nassau though. Maybe my own private island? (No, I'd miss my grandchildren way too much!)

I want to clear up what I mentioned about the tenders to Great Stirrup Cay. They are free, and available to everyone. You can reserve one on your interactive tv in your room (under Entertainment). I went on one of the early ones (group E in an alphabetical system). When I got to the island it was idyllic and peaceful, with plenty of sun loungers and even a bit of shade cast by a palm tree. No lines, beautiful warm water and for me, a little slice of heaven. I returned to the ship around 12:30, and those who were arriving then(many, many people) might have had a different experience! I think it's wise to go as early as you can, because pretty much everyone on the ship will be going too...

I had a wonderful time dreaming away the rest of the afternoon in or near the pool. I skipped the treadmill yesterday in favor of water "exercises". Well, if you call soaking up the sun and occasionally floating along and lifting my margarita cup exercise :) Perfect.

Spent the evening wandering the Waterfront (Deck 8). I love how you can go in and out to the various bars and music venues. I just enjoyed everything about it and repeated my earlier favorites, Howl at the Moon, and Fat Cats.

I saw Rock of Ages, yes again. There is just something quite charming about that show, and the singers in it have incredible talent!

So, not sure if I'll go into Nassau yet. Last year, from the Splendor cruise, I went to the British Colonial Hilton, which was quite nice. I may do that again, or not. Whatever I do, I am content and feel very peaceful while on a cruise.

This, you know, is one of the best things about cruising I have learned:

It's all good!

G:) ;)D morning !! Great & thank you, we will be sailing her in 9 days (2nd. time) and some/all of us on Roll Call are reading the latest with interests & excitement. Last visit to GSC was 2011, couldn't tender in 2014 - had stopped at the Cay, crews checked & Capt. decided conditions were safe and off to a "Fun Day at Sea".

How's water/ocean temperature on the beach, it was still chilly last time and even @Atlantis for us with a day pass? Are there enough clam shell for rentals ($20 each, someone else wrote) as I seemed to recall they run out of them later on as more tendered to shore?

Seemed like BA's satellite internet "speed" - as being reasonable, any changes in ship-to-shore calling rates from stateroom telephone ($2.50/min.) We have a # of new cruisers so "collecting" some of the best insiders' info to give them a great heads up.

How is the buffet selection lately and seafood (lobster-less) night still held on Day 2 (sea-day)? Lunch selections at the MDR ? We are happy with shrimp & variety of fish (even Tilapia & Monk fish will do instead of a plain white fish fillet - big shrimps & crabcakes are great too, for us)?

Last but not least, with changes to no reservations for shows, has it affecting wait time/lines at various dining venues, especially on sea days ?

Go enjoy your day at Nassau - don't worry about responding now but appreciative if you could do quick recap after getting home ... those satellite MB data are still expensive.

Will be watching shipcam on return to Pier 88 this Sunday & see how disembarkation go ... good news on weather in NY, 60 degree F yesterday (last time was in Dec. 2014, LOL) bad news - getting rain this Saturday but only showers on Sunday, temp's maybe higher 30's but most likely, no chance for any snow.

Have a great day & enjoy the "home away from home" the Norwegian way ...

send from my Google Nexus 5/7 via Tapatalk

Hi - do you know if reservations for all shows were not needed just for your sailing or all sailings. Thank you.

As far as reservations for shows. No, I really do not know the answer about the reason for no reservations. It may be that for this sailing only, that is the case. Both Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages were about 2/3 to 3/4 full. So, it's possible the ship is not at capacity. Or the shows are just not filling up any more. I have no way to know.

I would not attempt to call from the ship. The cost, as listed in my cabin, is $4.99 per minute! Even my exorbitant cell phone plan is less than that!

As far as food. The main dining rooms are all very good, although I have simple tastes, and may not be the one to ask. I have eaten at the buffet many times, and find that it never lacks for both variety and quality.

I have not eaten at any of the specialty restaurants, so I can't help you there.

I am not a gourmet cook myself, so if anyone cooks for me (and cleans up afterwards), I am happy! There is so much to choose from, and I would not hesitate to recommend any of the complimentary dining venues.

But if I were traveling with a partner or my family, I certainly would reserve the specialty restaurants. I have noticed that early and late times for dining reservations have been readily available on this cruise.

I am not happy that our ship has now turned north and that this cruise will soon be over. Time, I think, to make a reservation for the next one!

All the best...