Balcony nets

amajaa

This post is really to ask if anyone knows what they are and also for info to any parent travelling with children so they know they can get them.

Was just looking at the info on my cruise personaliser ( yay just been allocated our cabin) and I noticed in the bit about babies amongst other things you can ask for like cots and bed guards it says balcony nets.

Has anyone ever asked for one of these and how do they fit? Just wondering for reference in case we ever travel with our grandchildren.

Thanks, so if you have a glass fronted balcony you don't need them. We have been on quite a few ships now but have never seen a balcony like the one in the picture that a kid could climb through.

I seem to remember that Oriana balconies are horizontal rails too.

Yes not just the balconies but all the ships side rails, this always worried me when our girls were younger. It was not however a problem on Aurora as the siderails are of a different design.

Perhaps this was one reason why they made Oriana adult only as it was not child safe.

Personally I wouldn't book a balcony cabin if I were taking young children as the temptation for them to climb may just be too much. I would just feel more relaxed and at ease without that possible worry.

Yes not just the balconies but all the ships side rails, this always worried me when our girls were younger. It was not however a problem on Aurora as the siderails are of a different design.

Perhaps this was one reason why they made Oriana adult only as it was not child safe.

Personally I wouldn't book a balcony cabin if I were taking young children as the temptation for them to climb may just be too much. I would just feel more relaxed and at ease without that possible worry.

On most ships it's only the promenade or boat deck that have rails, all the upper decks now have glass panels and they are too high for toddlers to climb over.