Navigator March 8-18

Anna B.

I've never done this before, but feel very strongly that a post from the Navigator is appropriate at the moment. I have read so many poor reviews of this ship

recently that my husband and I boarded our Western Caribbean cruise with trepidation. Our feelings were completely unwarranted. We have been called by name by more staff than on any other cruise so far and we haven't been on this ship in two years. The service has been above reproach. The waiters in Compass Rose seem to anticipate our every need. The service on the pool deck has been amazing. The bar staff and the wait staff are attentive, pleasant and constantly asking if they can be of service. Our room stewards seem to have a sixth sense as to when they can be of service. I should also mention the passengers. Rarely have I cruised with a more pleasant group of people. I have not heard a complaint or a cross word. The demographic is a little older than one might expect in the Spring.

For those who are interested the Captain is Stan de Lacombe, General Manager is Michael Coughlin, Cruise Director Lorraine W. and Florian is Food and Beverage manager.

Happy to report that life is good on the Navigator.

Kathy, thank you so much for posting your review. Agree with you about the negative Navigator posts recently. Someone on our November Roll Call just got off of the Navigator and had the same positive comments that you have.

While the Navigator is not my favorite ship (due to the public areas), the service, food and suites are wonderful. Continue to enjoy your cruise.

I ESPECIALLY appreciate this post as my husband and I are sailing aboard her in March of 2016.

We are leaving our beloved Crystal Cruises for the first time and have been really second guessing our decision to try Regent because of all the dissing of the Navigator. (The only itinerary that met our needs was on the Navigator).

So THANK YOU for the positive words.

:D:D:D,

Scott

Anna B,

Your post would mirror our experience on our Montreal to Miami cruise in October. Like you had not recently been on Navigator, but some staff did remember us, and likewise we remembered them. It was the friendliest cruise we have had and we had no issues with food or service at all.

The old coffee issue is on going,but the Navigator bar coffee certainly hit the spot making up for the poor coffee in CR.

Glad you are having a great time, enjoy.

Jean.

So glad to read this as well Kathy, since we will be on Navigator for 21 days with you in Sept. Navigator is my least favorite Regent ship due to public areas as mentioned above, but the suites are great and wonderful staff and good food make up for a lot. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. See you in Sept.

So glad to read this as well Kathy, since we will be on Navigator for 21 days with you in Sept. Navigator is my least favorite Regent ship due to public areas as mentioned above, but the suites are great and wonderful staff and good food make up for a lot. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. See you in Sept.

Wish we could be on board to meet you and sail with Kathy and Al again. They are such a lovely couple. I know that we sailed with them in the Caribbean a few years ago but don't recall which ship it was. When you have nice people, the idiosyncrasies of the ship aren't really a big deal.

liptastic, the Navigator bar has a very special (very expensive) machine for their coffee which is probably why most people love it. It sounds like the coffee is as good as it used to be so it should be a good recommendation for those of you sailing on the Navigator for the first time.

Edited by Travelcat2

What a pleasant surprise to find all of your nice comments. For those of you with similar experiences, thanks for sharing. For those with cruises in the future, I hope you have a wonderful time.

JoAnn, can't wait to see you in September. Jackie, why don't you join us? We are, unfortunately a dwindling number! By the way it was the Navigator, Eastern Caribbean. I have a great picture of you and Dennis walking on the beach in Turks and Caicos that I took from the ship.

Jackie - we actually have met once, in Dallas two or three years ago, you may not remember. Agree with Kathy, come join us. Sept 5, SFO to NYC (or you can go all the way to Montreal).

Kathy - definitely looking forward to seeing you and Al, lots of chances for dinner and of course cocktails. :D

Jackie - we actually have met once, in Dallas two or three years ago, you may not remember. Agree with Kathy, come join us. Sept 5, SFO to NYC (or you can go all the way to Montreal).

Kathy - definitely looking forward to seeing you and Al, lots of chances for dinner and of course cocktails. :D

JoAnn, we met so many great people at the event in Dallas -- it now seems like a blur. Would enjoy cruising with all of you -- September is just a bit close to our November Cape Town to Cape Town cruise. This is one we have been looking forward to for a long time.

Are either of you doing the Vancouver to Vancouver itinerary in May, 2016? That one should be fun and is when the Mariner is back in Alaska.

Sorry to be off topic. Still happy to see a positive Navigator thread from a long time Regent customer. :)

Kathy,

So nice to find your thread and see that the Navigator is just as good as ever. My last cruise on her was in the fall of 2012. Sure do miss her intimate feel. Florian is on the Navigator? Nice guy. Last time I saw him was on the 1st Discovery Collection in 2008.

Continue to have fun and report to us!!!

Hi to you and Al.:D;)

Thanks for the review on the Navigator. It is the smallest ship in Regent's fleet, and we rather like that. Been on it several times in years past, and glad to hear that everything is ship-shape. The only problem we experienced was a bit of vibration (at some times, in some areas), and I wonder if that is still present.

Dolebludger, we were on Navigator in November and we didn't notice any vibration.

That's interesting, because I haven't noticed it either. We have not eaten in Sette Mari, but we have been to Galileo's before dinner and commented that our glasses weren't vibrating. My husband said he noticed a little bit one day when he was reading outside of Galileo's (aft on deck 11). There have been times where it has driven me crazy while sitting at a table on the aft pool deck. I didn't notice any this cruise. I was under the impression that the vibration was something we were just going to have to live with, but evidently this was not the case.

On another note, we had the opportunity to have cocktails in a Master Suite (901) a couple of nights ago. In a word, WOW!

Off to see Key West craziness on St. Patrick's Day!

On another note, we had the opportunity to have cocktails in a Master Suite (901) a couple of nights ago. In a word, WOW!

Did the master suite have the lovely Barbara and family in it? We were on the cruise ,next door to them in November.We were also invited to cocktails and loved the suite..

Did the master suite have the lovely Barbara and family in it? We were on the cruise ,next door to them in November.We were also invited to cocktails and loved the suite..

It was a different family. My husband met them and discovered they own a vacation home near ours - small world!

Thank you Anna B. We are also registered to sail in November (1st time with Regent) and truly appreciate your observations and comments. Hope you have wonderful memories of your trip for years to come.