How mad would you have to be.??

COLLEYBERRY

Goodness, who knew a ship's laundry facilities could be fraught with such peril.

The elderly shoved against a wall,someone being clocked with an iron,stolen clothes,and chocolates in the dryer (Lordy the mess !!) I guess "duds overboard "

isn't such a stretch after all.:D

My laundry room at home is very tranquil ..ya know why ?? Cause most days there is no one there but ME !! ;)

I have been very lucky in that all the places I have lived I have had my own washer and dryer.

Occasionally we go to the local laundromat to clean a few king sized blankets we have that are too bulky for our washer/dryer. Talk about your sea of humanity :)

You can pick up a 5 gallon jug of Fab at Costco.

Just slap a luggage tag on the handle and it will be delivered to your stateroom

Wow, love Costco and you could use the container for weight lifting exercises or to anchor chairs on the balcony.

Seriously, laundry soap is provided and when I was on the Statendam many years ago it was delivered by tube to the washer. I think it's the only detergent you should use in the washers, but could be wrong. I usually bring a couple of small packets of Tide or Woolite for hand washing swimsuits or hand wash only items for trips longer than a week.

When it comes to petty arguments and rudeness on cruise ships,our experience is that women are by far the worst.

Agree 100%. Even in the elevators...a couple gets in, and if he doesn't press the correct button for the deck they're going to, or he asks which deck is it she wants to go to, her snarky comments start. :(

We sail on the Statendam 14 day rt Seattle to Alaska in May. Will the ship still have self laundry? How much does it cost? We just got back from a 15 day rt to Hawaii and I did one load of socks/undies. Every other time I've used self laundry, the machines had auto loading detergent so the ship controls the amount. But the Grand Princess had you buy a little box of soap for $1.50 plus $2 per wash and dry load. The Fill a Bag doesn't sound too bad compared to what I spent on the Grand.

Thanks for the info.

My comment was made because HAL is selling off most/all of their pre vista class ships.

Originally Posted by FLACRUISER99

I wouldn't worry too much about that, as in the not too distant future there will no longer be laundry rooms on any HAL ships.

Edited by FLACRUISER99

Agree 100%. Even in the elevators...a couple gets in, and if he doesn't press the correct button for the deck they're going to, or he asks which deck is it she wants to go to, her snarky comments start. :(

Really? I guess you don't view your comment as disciminatory and sexist, eh? Not to mention judging women all alike just because you have seen (or experienced) something like this.... heck should we get into what some of the men do?

Really? I guess you don't view your comment as disciminatory and sexist, eh? Not to mention judging women all alike just because you have seen (or experienced) something like this.... heck should we get into what some of the men do?

Thanks. I've been biting my tongue. I could tell some stories too, and it wasn't women who were pushing me out of the way on the tender, down the stairs on the ship, or being rude in general. :rolleyes:

I'm sure we could all come up with our own stories about what both men and women do.

You Go Girls !! :D..having worked with the public for decades (health care ) I have found it to be an "equal opportunity" for bad behavior ...oh the stories I could tell :D

I just keep smiling and try to remember everyone has a story and if we knew what that story was they might not seem so unreasonable after all.;)

You Go Girls !! :D..having worked with the public for decades (health care ) I have found it to be an "equal opportunity" for bad behavior ...oh the stories I could tell :D

I just keep smiling and try to remember everyone has a story and if we knew what that story was they might not seem so unreasonable after all.;)

Have also worked in health care...and public safety...so none of it surprises me...and...I have seen someone take someone else laundry out of the washer dump it on the table and put theirs in...it was a guy who did it:D When the lady came back there was almost a fist fight....solution...don't ever leave your laundry unattended...before we had free laundry ...I just brought a book..and stayed put until it was done:D

Totally agree about equal opportunity for bad behavior - love your 'voice of reason' as have never been a fan of generalities!

My comment was made because HAL is selling off most/all of their pre vista class ships.

Please let us in on your knowledge of the sales of the pre-vista ships.. HAL has 9 pre vista class ships..

There are four R class ships (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Zaandam & Volendam) & four S class ships (Maasdam, Statendam, Ryndam & Veendam) in addition to the Prinsendam..

I've only heard that two of these ships are being sold.. Do you know of others which are being sold? :confused: And since you claim that most will be sold off soon, will you be kind enough to enlighten us with the dates..

Edited by serendipity1499

Does anyone remember the days when you took a steamer trunk on board, with probably another one in the hold, marked "Not needed on Voyage"!:D Those were the days!

People still bring steamer trunks

They have to. Where else could you store

christmas lights

Duct tape

Laundry soap

Door decorations

Collapsible cooler

Divider curtains

Coffee creamer

Soda

Water

Power surge

Fan

Curling iron

Sadly enough the trunk is so full, you can't even fit a necktie in there.

Please let us in on your knowledge of the sales of the pre-vista ships.. HAL has 9 pre vista class ships..

There are four R class ships (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Zaandam & Volendam) & four S class ships (Maasdam, Statendam, Ryndam & Veendam) in addition to the Prinsendam..

I've only heard that two of these ships are being sold.. Do you know of others which are being sold? :confused: And since you claim that most will be sold off soon, will you be kind enough to enlighten us with the dates..

Check out the yacht sales sites as HAL has 2 other ships up for sale.

Edited by take us away