Seabourn Legend rides off into the sunrise

Emperor Norton

Looking forward to seeing the Emperor again and meeting all the new folk. Emperor was right about the hungry mozzies here in the island. Looking forward to losing them and bidding farewell to the little sisters.

Speedy says that they'll be on until Rome/Cit.

Is Lorraine Caruana, the chief purser still on the Legend? We were on the Norway cruise last summer with Captain Dag and Lorraine and I am wondering if she is staying with Seabourn.

Thanks for checking.

The Captain is correct. He has family joining in Funchal. While I haven't seen the actual hammer I have seen a few pitchers of the hammer go by.

Sail away from St. Thomas was interesting. I have never before seen a minor seated at the SkyBar on Seabourn (or later seen a minor jumping from hot tub to hot tub...I'm sure that was supervised:rolleyes:).

So far the seas have been smooth and the weather cooperative. We've already had the Block party (please return this idea to Regent ASAP), and the rock the boat/deck BBQ. While I think the rock the boat and deck BBQ are usually done later in the cruise, the powers that be decided to do them while the weather and seas were cooperative rather than take a chance on Neptune later in the cruise. Thankfully there have been no stow-away mosquitos.

I heard an amusing Captain Dag story - supposedly on part of a cruise the swimming pool was made off limits to guests so he could use it for a live lobster storage tank for lobsters he bought for a crew party. That would've been interesting to see.

The chief purser is Vas.

We have been invaded by bug eyed monsters. On several occasions Nigerian shrimp have made an appearance.

Edited by Emperor Norton

Once again unsupervised kid in the hot tubs (mom was reading a book looking in the opposite direction...)

A few small changes I've noted since my last cruise on the Pride: The Restaurant no longer has a theme for lunch - this is left for the Verandah. So far IMO this is a good thing. Also pre-lunch in the Skybar they now pass around actual tortilla chips with salsa (bland imo), sour cream and guacamole (again bland imo). This to me is a step in the right direction as when they had the Mexican themed lunch in the restaurant the tortilla chips were just fried pita and guacamole was some kind of alien concoction.

We now also have consume in the SkyBar becuase a passenger swore up and down that Seabourn and Regent used to have such a thing (I've never seen it on either - a past Seabourn cruiser with 14+ years hasn't seen it either) so :confused: A lot of people expecting coffee were very surprised:eek:

When Captain Leif Rodhal was Master of the Pride we always had a table set at the Sky Bar (between the fire doors) with an large urn of beef or chicken bouillon ~the bouillon was served in Seabourn mugs. This was a custom on the old ocean liners.

Martita

This morning started out grey, wet and a bit choppy. By the time of the fun fair the sun had come out and the seas had calmed. At least enough for the child to get mommy drunk (er that is the 8 year old was allowed to essentially play beer pong except her mother was drinking the shots)

Spell check isn't what it could be. It's been an interesting cruise so far. The mother of the child is illicitly obtaining drinks for a certain staff member that's been paying attention to her. Which was especially amusing when the child called the bar directly ~ 2300 hrs...

Aside from the bad news re: entertainment staff (and the guest capt leaving in BCN) staff has been mostly excellent.

The food has been good. The biggest issue aside from anything mentioned previously is that the cruise seems to be going by too quickly. Perhaps we can drift at sea for another week or so...

We had tug of war yesterday on Spirit. We also have 3 very well behaved and utterly delightful children

Could you perchance provide the names of the CD and HM? Id love to be able to contradict the crew on my ship on this issue.

WRT Children: I have zero issues with the childs behavior it's the mothers that drives me to :slamheadinwall

Edited by Emperor Norton

Could you perchance provide the names of the CD and HM? Id love to be able to contradict the crew on my ship on this issue.

WRT Children: I have zero issues with the childs behavior it's the mothers that drives me to :slamheadinwall

Lol! the CD is Sophie Tehrani and HM is Manfred Jordan. Hope the weather is better for you than us!

Lol! the CD is Sophie Tehrani and HM is Manfred Jordan. Hope the weather is better for you than us!

Thank you. The lame response I got was "well we're following the rules..."

Umm OK everyone lived last year doing the tug of war...

Sadly for some, were getting your weather so it sounds like rough for the inexperienced and "boring to fun" for the rest of us.:D

Thank you. The lame response I got was "well we're following the rules..."

Umm OK everyone lived last year doing the tug of war...

Sadly for some, were getting your weather so it sounds like rough for the inexperienced and "boring to fun" for the rest of us.:D

We had a tug of war on the Sojourn cruise in February, so I am not sure where this "rule" has come from?