coz snorkeling, not so good? So now what?

thehams

I've read a lot of posts on her that Coz isn't so great for snorkeling. What is recommended to do? We wanted to do a dune buggy tour but neither DF or I can drive stick. :(

What do you recommend?

I've read a lot of posts on her that Coz isn't so great for snorkeling. What is recommended to do? We wanted to do a dune buggy tour but neither DF or I can drive stick. :(

What do you recommend?

I think it depends on your expectations and previous experience and what you personally are comparing it to.

Take a cab to the Money Bar. Snorkel from shore. Is is the same place that many tours operators drop off the herds of people from their boats. After snorkeling, enjoy a cold beer and some great food. No charge to snorkel and the prices on food and beverages are very reasonable. They have lockers to rent to make your stuff secure while you're snorkeling. We will be going there again next month.

what then?

The trip to the Mayan Ruins in Tulum was very interesting and enjoyable IMO

BUT

it is a LONG tour .... involving two ferry rides that can be rough ... and a decent amount of time on a bus ....

but then you get to see

tulum2.jpg

tulum9.jpg

tulum4.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ

It was while snorkeling at Chankanaab Park back in '94, I decided I wanted to learn to scuba dive. The snorkeling was that good there.

No matter where you snorkel, here's a little trick... take a box or tow of Chereos with you and the fish will surround you to eat them! Lots of fun unless you are afraid of the fish.

It was while snorkeling at Chankanaab Park back in '94, I decided I wanted to learn to scuba dive. The snorkeling was that good there.

No matter where you snorkel, here's a little trick... take a box or tow of Chereos with you and the fish will surround you to eat them! Lots of fun unless you are afraid of the fish.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do not take anything to feed the fish, it damages their health, and is bad for the environment, it is just not something that needs to be done.

If you think the snorkeling is great at Chankanaab, then you should get out on a boat going to a reef, like Columbia or Palancar. THAT is great snorkeling, which is all I said in my original post. The BEST snorkeling in Cozumel is off a boat, as the reefs are actually pretty far off shore.

If you think the snorkeling is great at Chankanaab, then you should get out on a boat going to a reef, like Columbia or Palancar. THAT is great snorkeling, which is all I said in my original post. The BEST snorkeling in Cozumel is off a boat, as the reefs are actually pretty far off shore.

• 2 weeks later...
Take a cab to the Money Bar. Snorkel from shore. Is is the same place that many tours operators drop off the herds of people from their boats. After snorkeling, enjoy a cold beer and some great food. No charge to snorkel and the prices on food and beverages are very reasonable. They have lockers to rent to make your stuff secure while you're snorkeling. We will be going there again next month.

How crowded does it get when the tours show up, Sk8man? We did a tour with Tiger's Adventures and he leaves from The Money Bar and it looked nice, but I would rather not fight a bunch of people in the water.