Independence Aft Cabins

Ok, before you all shout ... I know it's been done to death.

BUT ... Indy is coming back to the UK in 2016. Woo Hoo!!

We've only ever done the very front balcony rooms on all the cruises we have done.

We plan on booking Indy's TA Westbound at the end of October 2016 and thought we would change things up and do an aft.

Here's where you guys who always do afts or have experienced one, hopefully come in.

I need your help. Should we do it? Which staterooms would you suggest? Which should I avoid.

I read some of the other threads but some are dated.

I like 7708, 8710, 9704, 1700 ... I am factoring in the sun here. I prefer higher but worry about windjammer noise in 1700.

Thanks Guys. Appreciate your help.

I have 7408 booked for April this year, have read a lot of comments and everyone says it is amazing, 1700 looks very nice, again comments have been very favorable

Ooh fab. Maybe you can come back here and let me know how you get on.

Just been looking at some videos online. They do look fab. One had a great big support pole or something in the middle of the room tho?? Not sure what number that was.

Enjoy your cruise.

There is absolutely no Windjammer noise in 1700 or 1200. There is a photo somewhere out there that shows about 4 feet of insulation in between the two levels. It was silent, and no hallway noise and people walking by, either!

We had 1200 and it was fabulous. Huge balcony, room the size of a Junior Suite. If you look at my signature there is a link to my review, which has lots of photos of the room and balcony.

We had 4 people in there; my 10 and 12 year olds shared the pullout sofa bed. Even with the bed pulled out there was tons of room.

Truly a wonderful cabin and location!!!!

Have had the "pole" cabins 1400 and 1700 on the Independence and Freedom class ships, including a TA on the Independence.

Very hard to book! Best cabin! It is huge - more of a junior suite size. The pole does not interfere with the cabin. The balcony is also huge.,

If you google you will find someone posted a very good video of those particular cabins. 1400 and 1700 are identical. Not sure if this will take you there, otherwise, google and it is there. http://youtu.be/iUioyQjAAvs.

There is absolutely no Windjammer noise in 1700 or 1200. There is a photo somewhere out there that shows about 4 feet of insulation in between the two levels. It was silent, and no hallway noise and people walking by, either!

We had 1200 and it was fabulous. Huge balcony, room the size of a Junior Suite. If you look at my signature there is a link to my review, which has lots of photos of the room and balcony.

We had 4 people in there; my 10 and 12 year olds shared the pullout sofa bed. Even with the bed pulled out there was tons of room.

Truly a wonderful cabin and location!!!!

Some great photos ... thanks. I want this stateroom.

Have had the "pole" cabins 1400 and 1700 on the Independence and Freedom class ships, including a TA on the Independence.

Very hard to book! Best cabin! It is huge - more of a junior suite size. The pole does not interfere with the cabin. The balcony is also huge.,

If you google you will find someone posted a very good video of those particular cabins. 1400 and 1700 are identical. Not sure if this will take you there, otherwise, google and it is there. http://youtu.be/iUioyQjAAvs.

Hard to book?? Snapped up quickly I guess?? :(

We had met a nice couple on Navigator last year and we were in GS, they invited us to see there balcony room on same deck, could not believe how huge balcony was and cabin also appeared bigger, we had Aft once and loved it and are booked on a Jr suite aft on Liberty this November can not wait

Please pardon me for hijacking your thread. :o

We will be in 1702 on the IOS. How is that different from 1700? Is that still a good cabin? I am a little concerned about the WJ. Do I need to worry? I can sleep through a train coming through the room - my DH, not so much! :rolleyes:

Thank you!!

We will be in 1702 on the IOS. How is that different from 1700? Is that still a good cabin? I am a little concerned about the WJ. Do I need to worry? I can sleep through a train coming through the room - my DH, not so much! :rolleyes:

Thank you!!

Hijack away.

I'm new to aft staterooms. I'll probably learn something from your question too. Although I'm gonna say it's probably gonna come down to the size of the balcony.

Thank you!!

1702 is slightly longer than the regular D1 cabins and not as big as 1700. The deck on 1702 is quite large as well. We stayed in that cabin on Liberty and would book it again without question.

There is absolutely no noise from the WJ.

I am booked on IOS cabin 1402 this coming June. I can't wait. After reading the post here I am not worried about noise at all. See like the less super structure the higher I go is a plus too.

We were in 1406 on Liberty last May for the eastbound TA. It was wonderful!! Great room with a super large balcony. The sunset views every night before dinner.........WOW.

No noise from above.

We have sailed the aft every time since then and will be in wrap around cabin 7652 on Vision for our westbound TA in October.

ENJOY!

Thanks for all the replies guys.

If I don't get an aft i'm not gonna be happy ha ha.

I now have a hit list of rooms I want. Wish me luck.

If you don't get the cabin you want, try, try again! I had selected a cabin, but kept checking for the open cabins and when I saw that 1702 had opened up, I grabbed it! Just keep checking and don't give up! :)

Ok, before you all shout ... I know it's been done to death.

BUT ... Indy is coming back to the UK in 2016. Woo Hoo!!

We've only ever done the very front balcony rooms on all the cruises we have done.

We plan on booking Indy's TA Westbound at the end of October 2016 and thought we would change things up and do an aft.

Here's where you guys who always do afts or have experienced one, hopefully come in.

I need your help. Should we do it? Which staterooms would you suggest? Which should I avoid.

I read some of the other threads but some are dated.

I like 7708, 8710, 9704, 1700 ... I am factoring in the sun here. I prefer higher but worry about windjammer noise in 1700.

Thanks Guys. Appreciate your help.

Hi,

I will be on the Indy 31 May in cabin 8710 and it does not have the traditional sliding doors but rather a single door with a window and limited ocean view.

Hi,

I will be on the Indy 31 May in cabin 8710 and it does not have the traditional sliding doors but rather a single door with a window and limited ocean view.

Thanks for for the info.

Have a great cruise.