Renewal of vows

phcruiseteam

We are celebrating our anniversary on the Noordam next month and was interested in finding details of other cruisers.

You might try doing a Search This Forum for "Renewal of Vows". Lots of good information there by a number of people who have done it.

We did it for our 40th and it was fantastic. Lots of things included in the reasonable price, plus we got to spend alot of time with the Captain and his wife (but this was a bit unusual).

Go for it. You can find the details on the HAL website - I think it is under the Weddings section.

DaveOKC

There is a basic "package", but I would guess there would be flexibility due to the number of couples renewing their vows and the captain's preference.

We received a flower arrangement; there were many phone calls and a letter, so that we knew what to expect. I was told there would be a group ceremony and then we would have the opportunity to say private vows, but there were only two or three other couples and each had a separate ceremony. We each received a boutonniere and had champagne and hors d'oeuvres prior to the actual ceremonies. Afterward, photos were taken and wedding cake was served. Later, we received an album with the photos, a certificate, and a copy of the beautiful service.

We did it too! (It was wonderful!):D:D

FROM THE HOLLAND SITE:

Renewal of Vows On Board

For couples that would like to say their wedding vows while at sea, Holland America Line offers an onboard Renewal-of-Vows package. As part of the package, the guests will receive flowers in their stateroom, and invitations are made available to invite guests to the ceremony and celebration.

The couple also receives:

A 10x7 activity sheet

Dinner for two one evening in the Pinnacle Grill

A celebration featuring music, champagne, wine and hors d'oeuvres served by Holland America Line's five-star staff

Onboard honeymoon, anniversary and renewal-of-vows packages may be booked through Holland America Line's Ship Services Department, (800) 541-1576.

Cheers!

I share the above comments. We just had this done in early Feb onboard the Oosterdam. We were the only ones and got to sit and talk with the captain for about an hour which was really nice. I was surprised of how much you get for the money. You don't know when the ceremony will be until you board (or for us it was 4 days into the cruise) It had to be postponed once by the Captain. Something about heavy seas and having to drive the ship :) Anyway the next day the seas were calmer and we really enjoyed it.

I share the above comments. We just had this done in early Feb onboard the Oosterdam. We were the only ones and got to sit and talk with the captain for about an hour which was really nice. I was surprised of how much you get for the money. You don't know when the ceremony will be until you board (or for us it was 4 days into the cruise) It had to be postponed once by the Captain. Something about heavy seas and having to drive the ship :) Anyway the next day the seas were calmer and we really enjoyed it.

Do you mind if I ask about the cost?

"Onboard honeymoon, anniversary and renewal-of-vows packages may be booked through Holland America Line's Ship Services Department, (800) 541-1576." - from the website.

As I recall, it was a bit over $100, perhaps $129-149??

IIRC it was about $125 when we didi it (2010). May be different now.

Just give ship services a call (Ship Services Department, (800) 541-1576).:)

(Sorry ... typing while Dave posted.)

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

You can says your "vows" to each other anywhere....no need to pay big bucks! A renewal isn't legal....so you don't really need officials...

Its about the sentiment, not the money. Plus, you do get alot for the money anyway, IMO.

DaveOKC

We are celebrating our anniversary on the Noordam next month and was interested in finding details of other cruisers.

We did our ROV on the Noordam in Dec. of 2010 & had four of our best friends who were cruising with us as guests.. At that time the cost was $114 plus $12.50 for each guest & it was done on a formal night..

There were three couples doing a renewal, but each one was done couple by couple.. One couple from Manilla, was celebrating their 50th Anniv. & had their entire family, (approx. 26 guests).. Every single one of them was beautifully dressed in white, including the little ones.. It was so lovely..

The Capt. spent some time with each couple & then did our renewals individually.. Only mistake we made was when the Photographers asked us to make an appointment for our pictures to be taken a few days ahead of time, we failed to do that so the only pic we have is with DH & me with the Capt. & I was crying! :eek: DH knew about it ahead of time & wore his TUX & I wore a dress which I had worn for our Son's wedding..

It was lovely & very special to us as well, since our four closest friends were with us..

This is what it included:

Flowers

Invitation to the ceremony

Hors d’oeuvres and beverages

Certificate at the ceremony

Dinner for 2 in the pinnacle grill

10X7 photo

This is done onboard one time and the date and time is decided by the captain and usually done on days at sea.

Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Noordam & your Renewal of Vows..Just be sure to get your pictures taken before hand...

We've done it twice - each was special, wonderful memories & nice photos. Our 25th was on the Amsterdam with my parents for their 50th. It was awesome. It was a group with family in attendance. On the Zuiderdam we renewed our 30th with DH's son & DIL renewing theirs. Also, their DD & SIL were on their honeymoon. If you make arrangements in advance, HAL w be sure to have flowers for you. It really is nice. If you do it, I don't think you'll regret it. Enjoy!!

We purchased the package when we sailed to Alaska in 2007 on the Noordam. My husband wore his tux and I wore a nice dress that I can remember no details of.

Photos were taken of us with the captain, after the ceremony.

The next day we got a call to come back to have the photo re-done because something happened and they didn't have it. DH decided not to get all gussied up in his tux again (I didn't mind -- not a problem) so we have a picture of us with the captain as if it were just another day. Oh well!

By all means take the plunge again if you are so inclined. This is one of the things that captains really enjoy doing - it shows.

I sprung this on my DW on the Amsterdam in 2012. I arranged it as a complete surprise and had the Neptune concierge, as well as the stewards, etc. in on the secret so that no one would give the game away beforehand. We dressed up for what I said was a "formal cocktail party" with the captain in the crow's nest and then, as we were about to enter, I dropped to one knee and popped the question (again). She remembers it as one of the most memorable evenings of our lives (a feeling I share).

No matter how you do it, it should be a great experience.

We did this on our anniversary after a very difficult year and a half. It was the best money we ever spent on a cruise ship! Flowers, invitation, photos, PG dinner, cake, champagne and time to chat with the captain. The crew went all out. Ours was in the Crows Nest:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Our children were included too

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Edited by 1of4

I don't get it. We did the ROV on the Rotterdam some years back (Inca discovery cruise) and had a very lovely ROV, two ministers officiating, captain yacking, crewman yacking, musicians, all very nice. Attractive 'certificate' signed by officiates, and captain. Total cost: $0.00

I guess nothing is off limits when chumming for bux :rolleyes:

I am so glad this was posted. I had not thought of ROV until reading all the positive experiences. One of the reasons we are doing our upcoming cruise, is our 40th anniversary is this year. DH and I are talking about it and will probably book the package.